Confessions

Secret Lovers

Miyeon knocked on the door to Shuhua’s room, entering at the sound of a very faint, ‘come in, unni.’ Miyeon’s next sight surprised her. It was the first time she had seen Shuhua crying since they first met. She sat on the floor next to her crush, and at that moment, she could feel her heart racing like never before. 

She asked, ‘What’s wrong, my dongsaeng Shuhua?’ It took awhile, and a lot of interpretation (Shuhua still wasn't really fluent in Korean), but she eventually conveyed that she had been shocked at the sight of Soojin with Miyeon together, as she had never known they had been forming a relationship with each other. 

SHUHUA'S POV

With the answer solved, and Shuhua’s tears dried, Miyeon got up to leave. However, Shuhua stopped her. ‘Unni, stay here with me for a second. Please lock the door too, so we can be alone,’ she said. Miyeon did as so, and sat down on the floor, this time in front of Shuhua, so they face to face.

‘This may sound weird, unni. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time but……..’Shuhua took a deep breath to calm herself down, and confessed, ‘....I love you, Miyeon unni.’ Right then and there, Shuhua let out a wide smile to the crush she had hidden her feelings to.

MIYEON'S POV

That, to Shuhua, was the end of the conversation she had planned, but the moment had brought Miyeon courage to do something she had wanted to do for a long time. She calmed her heart, and began.

‘Shuhua, I have something I wanted to say, too,’ she began. Shuhua seemed surprised, but listened anyway. ‘You said you had a crush on me…….. I just wanted to confess….’ Miyeon could feel her face becoming red, ‘..... Shuhua, I love you too.’ With that, she took Shuhua’s hands. ‘All those times recently that you’ve felt you were being watched…….. it was me watching you. I’m sorry for doing that’

SHUHUA’S POV
Shuhua’s heart was racing, as if it might explode. She had just confessed, and her crush had confessed back! The maknae could only smile, she was the happiest she had ever been in that moment. She, regardless of how uncomfortable it had been in those moments, forgave Miyeon for the glares.

Suddenly, so sudden it may well have been an electric shock, Miyeon kissed her lips. Shocked, she hugged her unni back and whispered into her ear, ‘I will love you, forever.’ With that, she kissed Miyeon’s cheeks before standing and saying, ‘Let’s go. We’ll be late for our schedules.’ 

As the two came out of Shuhua’s room, smiling as brightly as the sun, Soojin and the others could only guess what they had been doing together.