The First Meeting

Secret Lovers

As the pair entered the company doors and made their way to the scheduled meeting room, fellow trainees took their time to exchange their congratulations towards these idols-to-be. When the door to the room opened, the two realised that they were the first of the team to arrive, and sat there, talking about the excitement of finally debuting together.

A few minutes later, the door to the room opened again. The person who stepped out, Shuhua thought, had to be the group’s tallest. She appeared like a tower compared to the short tables of the company meeting rooms. Both girls stood up to greet their fellow member before she slid in, sitting beside Shuhua. It was then Shuhua realised that the girl was only a fraction taller than herself, and began to question when she had become so tall. Her thoughts, however, were soon swept away by the brewing conversation of getting to know each other.

The girl introduced herself as Minnie Nicha Yontararak, which Shuhua thought was an unusual name. This was because it was not until later found out the girl, whose nickname was Minnie, was from Thailand. With a group with so much cultural diversity, all three were sure the group would be a success.

As time passed, two more members, named Seo Soojin and Cho Miyeon. Both were Korean, and Miyeon, the eldest of the group, had experience in the industry, being a former trainee of YG entertainment. This fascinated Shuhua, as YG was such a well known company worldwide. This was strengthened by the revelation Miyeon had been in the final lineup of monster group BLACKPINK, only to leave YG before they could debut.

However, there was still one member missing - Jeon Soyeon. Shuhua knew she had been a contestant on Produce 101 and Unpretty Rapstar, two of Korea’s most famous shows. A few minutes before the meeting started, she entered. There was a standing ovation for her, and Shuhua at once could feel at once the aura she let out, exuding confidence and chic. It gave her a feeling. A good one, too.

With everyone present, no time was spent in forming bonds with each other as members. Despite her shy nature, Shuhua soon found herself and Yuqi conversing with Soojin, forming a bond as a trio. However, she could also feel someone was observing her constantly, but when she turned, no one was looking. It was a feeling she would feel several times a day from then on.