The Recording Studio

Secret Lovers

The girls had been gathering daily since their first meeting. With the tracks decided and parts distributed, the day to record their debut album had come. Shuhua was sitting with Soojin, clarifying her pronunciation to a part for their title track, ‘Latata’ when it arose again. That feeling that she was being watched by someone else. That feeling she felt during the group’s first meeting. As she looked around carefully, Soojin asked, “What’s going on? Why are you looking around nervously all of a sudden?” Shuhua replied, “Unni, I’ve got a feeling that I’m being watched.” Soojin laughed it off and said, “Lies, I can't see anyone looking at you!”

That didn't help Shuhua’s mind at all. She may not have seen it, but she could feel it - a person’s two eyes keeping close watch on her. The feeling had popped up every time they had been allowed a break. Just sitting down, staring into space, she could feel it creeping into her. She just thought it was a company manager, checking everyone's behaviour.

MIYEON’S POV
In a way, Shuhua was right. She was being watched, not by a manager, but by Miyeon, the eldest of the group. Miyeon had taken a liking for Shuhua and was desperate to try striking up a friendly conversation with her, but would lose her courage at the constant sight of Shuhua playing and hanging out with Soojin. But Miyeon knew that her love would come through someday. In what way it would show though, she didn't know.