Chapter 3: I am you, you are me

In The Spotlight

"Actor Jung Daehyun rushed unconscious at hospital after car accident"

 

"FIA WTCC driver Kim Himchan is heading to hospital in bad condition after serious accident in the track"

 It was all over the news. Jung Daehyun and Kim Himchan the top Korean celebrities were in hospital after a car crash. The past three days the news was nothing but the health conditions about those two celebrities, the fans have to be informed after all and their managers have been living a hell those past three days. They received phone calls TV channels, magazines and even Web news, rumours were spreading like crazy.  

 

"Jung Daehyun: Is the cause of his car crash a suicide attempt?"

 

"[Trending!] Insider reveals driver Kim Himchan is a drug addicted"

 

And more where the articles about these two. But what was the truth? Neither their managers knew.

 

[Daehyun's P.o.V]

I woke up in a white unfamiliar room. I didn't even remember how exactly I end up here or why, my whole body hurt like a pain I never had before in my life. I looked around me and I saw I man with his back facing me while he was looking out of the window but clearly I couldn't recognise that man.

"What-" my voiced sounds usually harsh but I didn't pay attention since my throat hurt like I ate a bowl of nails. Even so, the man heard me and turned around me to face me.

 "You are finally awake Himchan" he walked towards me and he placed his hand on my forehead "The doctors said that you will wake up soon. It's a miracle that you survived such a crash. How are you feeling?" he asked smiling at me. But at this part of the moment I froze.

Who was he?

Why he acted so familiar with me?

What crash?

Who is Himchan?

 I took a moment to look at him before I cleared my throat and start to speak "Excuse me but who are you?...Do I know you?"

"Oh come on Himchan, even after that accident that almost costed your life you are trying to fool me with the amnesia thing? That's to clise"

"I'm afraid that's not it. I don't have amnesia, I remember who I am, I know who I am and what I am, I am Jung Daehyun but I don't know who the hell are you"

"Jung Daehyun? Do you mean Jung Daehyun? The actor? One of your favorite actors? Are you serious Himchan? Stop it, it's not funny" he looked at me serious that i could admit at that time thay looked pretty scary. "You don't recognise me? It's me Yongguk, your friend and manager"

"Listen here Yongguk or who the are you whatever, I don't know who are you, you are not my manager and you beter get going before I call the securities"

"Himchan-"

"Stop calling me that! Just stop and If its one of Youngjae's pranks you beter stop it now, its not funy, Im not laughing Youngjae hyung! Where is the ing camera?" Even if I didn't want to, I start to panic and I could see panic in Yongguk's eyes too but he looked worried.

"Do you think it's prank? Take a look around you. Do you think that all those fan letters and gifts are for someone else?" he said and I took a look around me and I now I noticed all those flowers and gifts. Yongguk come closer to me and handed me a notebook that he was holding. "Look" he said as he helped me to open it "Your Australian fans made this for you, they wrote you wishes and put some photos of you, like this one" he pointed one photo of a man in a racing suit holding a golden trophie smiling. I looked at the photo one more time before I looked back at Yongguk, "This guy looks a great and victorious man...but It's not me. I know well myself" I said as I hand him back the notebook and I shook my head.

"It's you Himchan, how can I prove you that I'm saying the truth?" he looked at me desperate but then his face light up "Oh! I know!" he took his phone out of his pocket. "What are you trying to do? How can a smartphone help with that?"

"The smartphone no, but the camera can" he handed me his phone, "Just don't scream please, you don't look so good right now and it's not manly for a racer to scream-" I looked at the phone's screen as the front camera was open but on the screen was an unfamiliar face, not that not must be me. I let a loud scream free from my throat and throw away the phone.

"Like a little girl..." Yongguk sighed

! What is going on!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -

-Somewhere In the hospital-

[Himchan's P.o.V]

I woke up in a hospital room, no one was in the room. I took my time and tried to get up but I felt weak so I layed back again. What's wrong with me? What happened?  The last thing I remembered was that I was talking with Yongguk hyung on the team radio before the race. Hold on. Did I have an accident? Honestly that could explain a lot.

"No, he is not awake yet sir. I don't know when he will. Doctors say that we have to wait" a guy in a brown coat walked in my room, obviously talking to the phone.

"No, the bodyguards are doing well their job. They didn't let any fans or reporters to pass" he spoke again but this time he looked at me but a bit shocked, "Boss? I have to hang up, I will call you later, okay?" he hang up and put his phone in his pocket as he walked closer to me.

"Daehyun, you are finally awake. How are you feeling? Do you want me to call the doctor?" I looked at him a bit confused.

Who is that guy?

Why he called me Daehyun?

"I see, you are confused, don't you? Don't worry, it's normal after the accident you had"

So I did really had an accident but now the thing is that I don't remembered anything of it and also I didn't knew why on earth he called me Daehyun.

"I had an accident?"

"Yes...and I'm kinda responsible for that" he said and he sighed.

"You are responsible for my accident? How?" he nodded at my first question  and then he his lips before he start to speak again "I pout you in a hurry because you were late for a photo shoot and you end up having a car crash. I'm really sorry Daehyun. You don't know how glad I am that you're awake and safe now"

"What? A photo shoot? I don't remember to have a schedule like that and where is Yongguk hyung?"

"Who is Yongguk?" he looked at me with a question mark all over his face.

"My manager"

"Your what?" he chuckled, "I am your manager"

"Did he left the company? Why he didn't told me?" I heard that guy laugh, "Oh I get it, it's an act, right? Sometimes I forget how such an amazing actor you are"

Wow, hold on a moment. An actor?

"What? Are you nuts? I'm not an actor"

"Indeed you are Daehyun, one of the most famous actors in Korea"

"What's wrong with you? Why you keep calling me Daehyun? Last time I checked on the mirror I was Kim Himchan, no one else"

"Kim Himchan? The driver? How did you even know him? You have told me that you are not into the motor sport thing"

Who is this guy? Why is he like this? I don't understand what's wrong about him, he even acts familiar with me even though I have never seen him again in my life. What's wrong with him?

"Are you a madman?"

"A what?"

"Are you a madman?"

"What the hell Daehyun? Okay, your acting is the best but how can you come not to recognise me? It's me Youngjae"

"How I suppose to know you? I have never seen you before"

"I'm your manager Daehyun, we see each other everyday, cut the bull" he start to look annoyed.

"What? Oh no man, you should cut the bull. I woke up here in the hospital, I don't have any idea how I end up and you come in my room calling me Daehyun and saying that you are my manager. I am Kim Himchan and you are not my manager, my manager is Yongguk!" I took a deep breath trying to calm myself, that's not happening, I'm in a movie or what? "Now get out of my sight!" I looked at that guy who seemed to be in shock at that moment.

"I don't know what's wrong with you Daehyun, you act like a stranger suddenly. Maybe it's a trauma after the accident, I don't know. I will talk to the doctor. Now rest, okay?" he looked at me and gave me a smile even though he looked sad and left the room.

I wish that was a dream but my body hurts a lot to let it be a dream.

I have to see what's wrong with me, that sounds like a bad joke to me, or a bad plastic surgery.

I tried my best to get up on my feet even If was tired and hurt and I walked towards the bathroom. Once I get in, I faced my reflection in the mirror but I couldn't believe in my eyes what was right in front of me, I screamed and my reflection opened its mouth like it was screaming too.

Am I Jung Daehyun?

 

 

 

~A/N~

Hello everyone ♡ I just wanted to inform you that this story is on Wattpad as well and due to the easy editing, I update a lot faster there. So if you want you can check it out~ 

In The Spotlight (Wattpad)

Next chapter will come as soon as possible (sorry, last week I was busy with my final exams >.< )