Chapter 2: Ready To Go (Pt.2)

In The Spotlight

[Himchan's P.o.V]

It was official. The race will start in almost two minutes, my heart was pounding like crazy, a feeling that normally I didn't used to have before the race. That blank moment that I had moments ago didn't will to leave my mind and I thought that maybe that feeling was the cause for my pounding heart. Something was off...

I turn my glare at the four red lights in front of that once will turn into green they will give the signal for the start.

The first light turn green, then the second, then the third and then my mind went once again blank and my body froze, I couldn't move, I couldn't even press the gass petal once I saw the forth light turn green. For a couple of seconds I could only watch as five cars pass me before I regain the control of my body and press down the gass petal.

I was right.

Something was off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Daehyun's P.o.V]

Sadly for me, the breakfast with Hyuna didn't last for long as I got a couple of messages on my phone from my manager, Youngjae. Even though he has been my friend for years he still can drive nuts from time to time, I know he just want to do the best for me but can't he just take a deep breath for a moment? 

Just in moment I got in my car i felt my phone buzz only to see that I got one more message for my dear friend. 


"Great" I thought and I rolled my eyes as I noticed what time is it. Just great, he is going to scolde me again. I quickly texted him that I was on traffic and I would be late for at least fifteen minutes. I had to rush, no more playing around.

I once started the engine I turn the radio on to keep me company on my way to work and left the garage.

"It was a bad start for Kim, did the veteran racer froze like a little kid on his first ever race? His mistake threw him in the eighth place" a reporter heard from the radio. Are that racing thing all over the place suddenly? First the channel on TV that Hyuna choose and now the radio. Looks like I will have this kind of company today, I was curious for the winner anyway.

Around ten minutes later my phone start to ring and I didn't need to see who it was.

"Hey Youngjae" 

"Hello to you to Mr. I am always late"

"I know Youngjae but did you see the rain? Hell, the traffic is a mess"

"I can't blame you for that" I heard him sighed "Just come here, and be careful there. I will try to calm the staff. Don't be late more than twenty minutes"

"Thank you Youngjae! You are the best!"

"Yeah, yeah...whatever. Just remember this is the last time Daehyun. I can't save you forever you know"

"I know, don't worry, this is the last time. I promise!"

"That's what you said-"

"I said I promise, Bye!" I said before I hang up. I knew that Youngjae was so angry right now but I had more important things to take care for right now. I had to be at studio as soon as possible. 

I opened again the radio since I had it volumed down during the call with Youngjae and focused again on the road.

"We are at the 10th round right now and the weather is getting worse as the minutes pass."

'Like I can't see it right now' I thought as the report continue speaking "Michael Hall is leading the race right now and Kim Himchan is following him up close. We have a very interesting race today between those two drivers. Michael Hall made a good time difference with Kim Himchan who seems  not to be able to pass him today! Looks like that Michael Hall is getting the golden trophy today! He is fast, he is super fast! I wouldn't drive like him in such a weather, he deserves the title of the world champion- Oh! And he slipped ladies and gentlemen! Michael Hall slipped during the second turn and crushed at the protection wall! We hope he is alright. Now Kim Himchan is up close to the second turn, looks like he didn't see Michael! Wait! Wait! Himchan slipped just just meters before Michael's car! And he crushed! He crushed with his side at Michael's car blocking the road. In the end looks like he did saw him and tried not to crush on him hard. Michael is getting out of the car, he is safe! Now we are waiting for Himchan to get out as the track staff getting Michael to a safer place. "

At times like this I wonder why the do a job like this If they already know that the can get killed. They care about money and fame that much?

"Oh! Francesco just crashed on Himchan! Himchan's car is on fire!"

I didn't knew that letter my words become reality as I felt a hard crash at my side, I didn't knew what was happening, I didn't knew where I was, I was just spinning around before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Yongguk's P.o.V]

"Damn it!" was the last thing I heard from the team radio seconds before Francesco crashed on Himchan.

"Himchan! Himchan can you hear me? Please talk to me!" I tried to reach out for him via the team radio but I didn't get any answer and things got me more worried. I pout my headphones at the side and left my seat. The only thing that was in my mind right was to see Himchan on his legs and safe. 

After some minutes I arrived at the place where the crash happened. The fire have stopped and by the time I arrived the paramedics have pulled both Francesco and Himchan out of the cars and rushed them towards the ambulances. Quickly I rushed at Himchan's side but one of the paramedics stopped me.

"I'm sorry sir but you have to get out of the way, he is not breathing. He needs to go at hospital as soon as possible"

"What do you mean he is not breathing? What is going on?! I'm his manager please let me come along"

"If you are his manager then hurry up. If we don't rush he may not make it" 

His words was like a knife on my heart. How can he not make it? Himchan has a strong body, he can't die just like that. Without a second thought I got in the ambulance and sat next to Himchan taking his hand in mine as we left the track. "Please don't go Himchan. Don't give up, you can make it", I squeezed a bit his hand and looked at his unconscious face. He can't die, he can't die right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Youngjae's P.o.V]

Around half an hour have passed since I last called Daehyun and he still was not here, on top of that the photographer and the staff looked pised off.

"Where the hell he is? We can't wait for him forever! We have work to do!" the photographer said as he approach me, "I know he is late but that's not a habit of him. I bet he will be there soon" I said trying to calm him down, 

"That's what you said half hour ago! Give him a call and ask where the he is. If he is not willing to come then I have to move on at the next project" 

"Yes sir, hold on a second" as I was about to grab my phone from my pocket I felt it vibrate "Oh that must be him!" I quickly rushed to answer the call but before I was able to speak I heard an unfamiliar female voice.

"Hello? Is that mister Yoo?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"Are you Jung Daehyun's manager sir?"

"Yes I am. Is something wrong?"

"I call you from Seoul National University Hospital. Mr. Jung had been transferred to our hospital after a car crash" the news took my aback, I couldn't believe it, there is no way that Daehyun is in hospital right now.

"Is he alright?" I asked trying not to prove the worst scenarios I had right now in my mind.

"That's impossible I'm afraid. Right now he is in the operation room. He bought to us unconscious. We called you because the police found that he had many calls with you on his phone and we can reach any releavaties"

"Alright...I'm coming then. I will be there soon. Thank you for informing me"

I didn't knew where I was standing right now but my only wish for him was to be alright.