Final Chapter

Just one smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hina found herself standing in the study area of the university's library. Thankfully, the library wasn't packed and there were a lot of open tables. As she entered inside, her gaze wandered around until she caught sight of the familiar figure she had been looking. She walked over to the table and just stood there for a moment.

 

Jaemin looked up and Hina flashed a smile to him. He smiled as well and gestured her to sit beside him by pulling a chair closer to him.

 

"How was your class?" Jaemin inquired.

 

She set her backpack down first before she answered him with a sigh. "It was crazy. I think I need to revise my script"

 

Apparently, the script she passed wasn't good enough in her professor's liking so she have to tweak some things on it to pass the standards of her professor. Just the thought of revising the paper stressed her out already.

 

Jaemin seemed to noticed how wearily she answered. "Are you alright?"

 

Hina assured him with a slight smile. "I'll be alright".

 

She pulled out her laptop from her bag and began working on her script. Finals were about to start in less than a week. The two of them worked in complete silence for at least thirty minutes until Jaemin excused himself. Hina was too occupied with her work that she didn't ask where he was going and only assumed that he went to the comfort room.

 

Moments later, Jaemin came back with a coffee on one hand and a small paper bag on his other hand. He placed the coffee and the paper bag on the table closer to her.

 

Confused, Hina looked at the coffee and paper bag before looking back at him. "What's that?"

 

"I've been watching you for the whole time and you looked really stressed. I hope that could help" Jaemin said with a grin.

 

She carefully took the paper bag on the table and took a good look of what was inside. There were some brownies and muffins. Hina looked at Jaemin who was looking at her with a grin. She couldn't help but to smile realizing how caring her boyfriend was. Surely, it made her fall in love with him even more.

 

"You don't really have to but thanks anyway. I really appreciate it" Hina said with a smile. She placed the paper bag next to her laptop and took the coffee.

 

"Anything for my girl" Jaemin winked and Hina scoffed jokingly.

 

It's been almost three months since they started going out. And if it's possible to fall in love all over again to the same person, Hina would say so. Their subjects were different so there wasn't much chance for them to meet. The usual dates would either be at the nearest café from the university, or school library. Both are really dedicated in their studies so she was thankful that Jaemin was fine with that.

 

Sometime around the end of semester, Hina accidentally met Jeno in one of university's cafeteria. Jeno was with his friends when they eyes coincidentally met. Hina raised one of her hand and gave him a small wave while Jeno flashed his signature eye smile that could probably melt an iceberg. He excused himself from his friends and walked towards Hina.

 

"What's up?" Jeno asked, pulling a chair to sit beside her.

 

"I haven't seen you in like, ages?" Hina said and adjusted her chair to face him.

 

Jeno, who was still smiling shook his head lightly. "You're exaggerating but it seems like it. How have you been?"

 

"Good, I guess. Just pretty busy lately but I'm catching up"

 

He gave her a nod and his gaze landed to his friends that he left for a moment. Hina followed his gaze and saw his friends. Apparently, they've been watching the two for the whole time and giving Jeno a cheeky grin.

 

"Don't mind them" Jeno snapped, causing her to look back at him. "They're just like that sometimes"

 

"No problem" Hina quickly assured the latter.

 

"So I heard something" Jeno began. "From Mark hyung, actually"

 

Hina's eyebrow raised. "What is it?"

 

"About you, and Jaemin" He answered. and scanned Hina thoroughly, expecting for an answer.

 

Hina rubbed her nape shyly, looking all flustered. If Mark and Jeno already knew the news, for sure the others knew it already too. She reminded herself to scold Jaemin later for telling the others.

 

As Jeno waited for an answer, Hina was about to speak when her gaze landed to her boyfriend who was walking towards them. Little did she knew that Jeno's gaze followed her and watched Jaemin as he walked towards the two of them. When he reached them, Jaemin's hand rested on Hina's shoulder. In return, Hina gave him a small smile.

 

There was an amused grin plastered on Jeno's face while watching the two.

 

"So, got any plans after the finals?" Jeno asked suddenly.

 

Hina was confused, but answered anyway. "Actually, I'm going home after this semester for a short vacation. My parents misses me"

 

He hummed in agreement before he spoke. "Ah, too bad. I was going to ask you to hang out with me "

 

Still confused, Hina looked at Jeno in bewilderment. In return, Jeno grinned at her like a kid. She realized then that he was trying to make Jaemin jealous so she cleared and signalled him to leave. Fortunately, Jeno got the signal and excused himself with a grin plastered on his face. And again, Hina reminded herself to kill Jeno as soon as she meet him again.

 

When he was far enough, Jaemin spoke. "Have you eaten?"

 

Hina was slightly stunned since it wasn't the question she was expecting him to ask but she nodded anyway. "I have eaten already. I'm just waiting for Jungyeon"

 

Jaemin nodded and sat on the chair where Jeno sat before. She was expecting him to ask about Jeno but he still didn't so she just looked at him. Quietly, he took her small hand and intertwined their fingers. Hina realized that they're not even trying to be discreet about their relationship anymore.

 

She also realized that it's always him who would come to their faculty building to meet her, or sometimes would wait in front of her classroom just so they can go out or go home together.

 

"You don't have to come here for me every day, you know. For a change, why don't you let me come to you instead?" Hina asked, her eyes looked hopeful while looking at him.

 

Jaemin stared at her, blinking a couple of times as if he heard her wrong. "You don't want it?"

 

She shook her head aggressively. "That's not it. I just feel like I'm not making any effort at all"

 

He paused for a second, then ruffled her hair. "Silly. Don't think too much. And I don't think it's a good idea"

 

"Not a good idea?" Hina asked while her eyebrows furrowed.

 

Jaemin nodded in agreement before he spoke. "There are lots of male students in our faculty. I don't want them to lay their eyes on you"

 

Hina tried to make a straight face but ended up bursting in laughter. And again, Jaemin was staring at her as if what he just said was wrong, well for her it was. "Seriously, how can you deliver such cheesy lines while looking serious?"

 

"Hey. I wasn't trying to be cheesy there! I was just stating the fact" Jaemin whined in disappointment. "And I can't believe you ruined that moment"

 

Feeling guilty, she took Jaemin's hand and held it with both of her hands, massaging it softly. "I'm sorry about that"

 

Jaemin rolled his eyes, but didn't try to hide his smile.

 

"Aren't you going to ask me about Jeno?" Hina asked curiously.

 

Jaemin gave her a look, unsure what she was referring to.

 

"About what Jeno did awhile ago. Aren't you jealous?"

 

In return, Jaemin shook his head reflexively. "None of that matters. You already have me. Why would you cheat on me?"

 

And it was Hina's turn to roll her eyes.

 

On the last day of classes before the school break, the hallways were filled with students excitedly chatting about planned trips and parties.

 

As soon as her last class was over, Hina immediately said her goodbye to her school friend Jungyeon since they won't be meeting each other for the time being. As expected, when she stepped outside the classroom, Jaemin was already waiting for her with his grey backpack slung on his shoulder. She approached him with a smile and Jaemin instinctively took her bag. It was already a routine. At first, Hina would always tell him that she can carry her own bag but Jaemin would insist. He would always flash that puppy eyes, leaving her with no other option but to let him carry her bag.

 

As they walked, Hina told him that she was able to get a high score in her script. While she was talking, she didn't even realized that he was smiling throughout the time she was talking about how her day was.

 

Hina's eyebrow cocked in confusion after noticing that he has been quiet since they started walking. "Is there something wrong?"

 

They reached the front gate of the university. Jaemin looked at her before he spoke. "Nothing actually. I just realized I won't be able to see you starting the day after tomorrow"

 

She pressed her lips together, feeling bad for going back to her hometown early. Unfortunately, she'll be going back to their hometown tomorrow while Jaemin will be staying in Seoul to help his mother in their restaurant so there wasn't much time for them to spend before she leave.

 

Jaemin glanced at her and noticed she went quiet. "But hey, this is the reason why mobile phones and WiFi were created!"

 

Hina looked up and flashed a small smile. If only she didn't inform her parents that she'll be going home the next day, she could be able to spend another day in Seoul.

 

"Just don't miss me" Jaemin said huskily, pulling her closer to him as he rested his arm on her shoulder. Hina, in return, lightly punched him.

 

When she got back inside her dorm, she immediately packed all the things she needed. Once she was done, Hina checked her phone immediately and called her parents to inform them that everything has been done. It's been months since she last saw her parents and they couldn't visit her because of their work so she's been looking forward to go back home.

 

The following day Hina woke up earlier than her roommate Myungeun who was still fast asleep. She decided on making miso soup for their breakfast. Moments later, Myungeun woke up with the smell of the soup.

 

"I'll miss you" Myungeun declared as she shoved a spoonful of rice and soup on .

 

Hina chuckled at the latter. "It's just two weeks. Don't be so dramatic"

 

"But still! I'll be alone here for the entire break"

 

"Don't worry. I'll just buy you souvenirs"

 

The two continued to eat their breakfast happily. Once she was done, she immediately called Jaemin who told her that he'll be taking her to the meeting place where she'll meet her parents. Carrying two travel bags, she bid farewell to her roommate first before making her way down. When she stepped outside, Jaemin was already waiting for her.

 

"I told you I'll be fine, you know" Hina said as soon as Jaemin handed her a paper bag before taking the travel bags from her. Jaemin, in response, just rolled his eyes making Hina sigh in defeat. "And what's this?" She asked, holding the paper he just gave her.

 

"Some takoyaki that my mom made" Jaemin answered, smiling at her sweetly.

 

"No way" Hina muttered, looking at him as if she couldn't believe him. "Takoyaki's one of my favorite!"

 

"Figures" He snapped. The two walked happily until they reached the convenience store where her parents will pick her up. To kill some time while waiting, the two talked about the things they don't know about each other yet. Hina then remembered the picture of the girl on Jaemin's phone wallpaper before when she met him on the bus. After asking him that, Jaemin's paused first before answering. "It's Tiffany of SNSD"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter