Chapter 5

Just one smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I didn't really have the courage to make a move before.. but right now I'm doing it.. I just hope it's not too late yet"

Hina pulled herself away and stared at him as if she heard the most ridiculous words ever. Eyes wide open, mouth slightly agape and body trembling due to the cold wind hitting on her face.

"Stop joking. It's not funny" Hina muttered, eyes narrowing.

In return, Jaemin looked taken aback.

"You should stop being like this. It's getting out of hand already" Hina continued. There were some things that she wanted to say but she clamped shut instead. How can he be like that especially when he was with another girl awhile ago? Hina thought. She noted that she sounded so frustrated and so to ease the awkwardness in the situation, she let out an awkward laugh.

She took a few more steps away from him, ready to leave when Jaemin cut her off. "Jeno.. The boy awhile ago. Do you like him?"

Hina turned around to look at him again and blinked a couple of times. "Why do you want to know?"

Jaemin sighed. "Are you dating him?"

Hina starts to feel more frustrated. "Seriously, Jaemin why are you being like this? It's not your business if I'm dating him or not. What about you? Did I ask you about the girl you were with awhile ago?"

"If you're talking about Rena. We have nothing. She's only a friend"

A friend? Being all that clingy? She wanted to scoff but stopped herself from doing so Hina only stared at him.

"How about you? You didn't answer my question yet". Jaemin's voice sounded like he was whining which made Hina almost smile. She was still trying her best to flash her poker face as much as possible. Smiling would mean she lost this battle that only exists in her mind.

"Jeno's a good friend" Hina answered. She swore she saw him smile after she said that, it was just a small smile and almost invincible.

"Can I ask you something?" Jaemin spoke, his hands were inside his pockets. Hina didn't answer but he continued anyway. Somehow, the question made her feel a bit nervous. "What do you think of me?"

Hina felt unsure how to answer the tricky question. They stared at each other's eyes for a moment until Hina eyes wander around awkwardly, breaking the eye contact. "What do you mean?"

"I like you, Hina. Do you like me too?"

She feels taken aback by that. Jaemin was too straightforward. It felt like getting hit by a truck all of a sudden.

Of all the places, he decided to confess in front of the building of her dormitory, at the side of the busy street of Seoul. And if this isn't the most ridiculous place to confess to someone then Hina doesn't know anymore.

The two of them kept silent. Several people walking passed by them but they were too engrossed in their own little world that they didn't care about everything anymore.

She tried to recall the past. How did she even like him? Sure, because he was really good-looking that most girls in their school liked him but as time passed, she realized that Jaemin's personality is just as perfect as he looks.

Hina tried to think of the possible best answer.

"Of course! I like you" No. She would look too desperate.

"When did I ever stopped liking you?" Ridiculous, she thought.

"I used to like you.." She mumbled, almost too quiet that she doubt he would hear.

Unfortunately, it seemed that Jaemin heard her clearly. "How about now?" He asked, his face looked hopeful.

Hina has to bite the insides of her cheeks to prevent herself from smiling. Instead of uttering some words, Hina's eyes met his and flashed a small smile before nodding her head.

"Then what do you think about dating me?"

She took in Jaemin's question inside her head although her mind was still spinning in confusion. Jaemin's the only one who can make her heart skip a beat and make her legs feel weak at the sight of him. How can she even say no to him?

She isn't sure if it would be the right decision but she liked him, and that should be enough as her excuse.

Hina bit her lip first before she spoke. "Let's try"

And Jaemin's thin lips slowly curved into a smile.


"What did you say!?"

Hina could only imagine the face of her friend Herin. That same evening after she and Jaemin parted ways, she immediately told Herin about what happened.

"How can this all happen when I'm not around?" The girl on the other line whined. Hina laughed.

"But hey, at least you are the first person to know this. And by that, I want you to keep this as a secret for now"

She heard Herin sighed. "Why not? The girls will be thrilled!!"

Hina shook her head. The thought of her school friends finding out about their relationship isn't a good idea for now. "They don't need to know"

"That's ridiculous!" Herin exclaimed. "But of course, you'd be protective of your boyfriend since he's gorgeous and everyone might steal him from you so alright, I'll keep my mouth shut"

In return, she scoffed.

"Anyway. I'll go to sleep now" Herin said over the phone. "And you should too! Stop thinking about your boyfriend or he won't be able to sleep tonight too"

"Shut up" Hina said with a smile. "I'm not thinking of him! Anyway, good night and I'll see you soon!"

She hung up the call and placed her phone on her table. Hina rested her chin on her folded arms on the table while listening to some songs on her phone. She wasn't actually paying attention to the song playing but rather thinking about what just happened awhile ago.

She couldn't help but to feel excited for the following days. The thought of having Jaemin as her boyfriend is just enough to make her feel like there's butterflies inside her stomach.

That night Hina had a peaceful sleep. The next morning, she decided to clean their room. It was Sunday and she already finished the things she needed so there was nothing much to do. After doing so, she checked her phone only to see a message from Jaemin that was sent two hours ago. It was just a simple 'Good Morning' and yet Hina felt like her heart was going to explode.

Being in a relationship for the first time, Hina wasn't really sure how to act towards him. She didn't want to look clingy and would like to keep th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter