Chapter 1

Just one smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everybody knows that Gong Hina has a huge crush on Na Jaemin.

Na Jaemin, the 'superstar' of the school. With good looks, ranks first in school academics and has all kind of skills including sports like badminton and swimming. He even participated in school festivals in where he sang and danced along with his other classmates. There was even a rumour that several entertainment companies like SM and JYP tried to cast him because of his looks and talents. All the girls want him while all the boys wanted to be like him.

Just say his name and everyone knows him so it's no surprise that at least half of the female population in the school likes him, including Hina.

Hina first saw Jaemin during their first year in school when she was walking past the room next to theirs. Jaemin was standing in front of the door of their classroom, talking to one of his classmates which name Hina later found out as Donghyuck. Such words like 'wow' and 'daebak' came out from the moment she saw him. Hina was sure that she was not the only one who was stunned after seeing him. All her friends later on told her that they liked Jaemin too.

It's too bad that they are not classmates but Hina and her friends would always walk past their classroom in order to see him. Sometimes, they would ask one of Jaemin's classmate to take a picture of him using their phones. During Valentine's day, they would give him chocolates and letters.

In their third year, Hina became classmates with Jaemin. Because of that, Hina's feelings for Jaemin grew even more. New semester means new classmates so they created a new group chat room and she was able to add Jaemin as her friend in Katalk. Although they aren't that close, everybody knew that she liked Jaemin because of how she and her friends behaved before when he was around. Her classmates would .

Hina got to know him more when they became classmates. Turns out, he wasn't really that tsunderetype of guy. Jaemin can be mischievous especially when he's around with Donghyuck. They would always joke around and he would do aegyo when his classmates asked him to.

When Hina found out that Jaemin's favorite was the custard bun in front of their school, she would always buy one for him every day. She would happily greet him 'Good morning' and will give him his favorite custard bun. At first, Jaemin would shyly decline it but Hina would insist. It became her daily routine every day.

Later on, Jaemin would thank him through Katalk. "Thank you for the custard bun but you don't really have to do that"

"Ah, don't worry! I'm actually close with the vendor so she would always give me one every day. I know you liked it and since I don't really like custard bun, it would be rude for me to decline it, right? So I'll just give it to you" She replied, but it was actually a lie. She wasn't really that close to the vendor and she actually like custard buns.

"Is that so? Okay then!" Jaemin answered.

Every day, Hina would send a morning greeting to him before she prepares for school. Jaemin would always reply back. They grew close because of that.

"Hina, aren't you tired of doing that?" Herin, one of Hina's friends asked her one morning. "Look at you, buying custard bun every day for him. I'm so sure he's sick of it already"

"I don't think so? If he's sick of it I think he'll tell me" Hina answered back.

"What if he's too shy to tell you, or you are insisting that's why he couldn't tell you?" Herin replied back.

Hina looked at her friend, and contemplated. "Well, I'm not sure about that"

"How about this, give him one today and then let's hide somewhere and see if he's eating what you're giving to him?" Herin suggested.

"Okay, let's try that"

When they entered the classroom, Hina greeted her classmates and headed towards Jaemin who was talking to one of their classmates. "Good morning, Jaemin!"

"Oh, Hi Hina!" Jaemin greeted back.

And like the usual, Hina gave the custard bun to Jaemin. He put the bun inside his bag and told her that he'll eat it later.

"See! I told you he's sick of it already" Herin whispered when they reached their table.

"Hey! He said he'll eat it later" Hina said. Deep down she was thinking that maybe Herin was right.

When the bell rang, Hina was about to drag Herin to the school's cafeteria when Herin pulled her behind a wall in the corridor. "Let's see first what he'll do to the custard bun you gave to him"

And so Hina and Herin hid behind the wall. Jaemin went out and handed the custard bun to Donghyuck.

"What!? You're making me eat this again?" Donghyuck complained. "Just tell her that you don't want this anymore"

Jaemin laughed. "You tell her then"

Hina would be lying if she said she wasn't hurt. They went straight to the cafeteria but Hina didn't eat her lunch despite Herin forcing her to. "Ah, I think I did a mistake. We shouldn't have done that"

"It's alright. At least I know now" Hina replied. She rested her head on the table and watched the students at the cafeteria eat their lunch.

"Hina! I think your favorite ramyun is available! Should I buy you one?" Herin tried to convince her friend to eat but Hina just shook her head.

Hina rested her head on the table again, facing the other side. There was Jaemin along with Donghyuck and other boys from different class sharing the same table.

A moment later, some female students from different class entered the cafeteria as well. The boys on the other table began cheering loudly which caught Hina and other student's attention. There was Lami, one of school's beauty walking, trying to find a seat along with her other friends.

"Lami! Lami! Look! Jaemin wants you to sit here!" Chenle, one of the boys in the table spoke. The boys began laughing loudly while Lami and her friends started to giggle. It's pretty obvious that Lami likes Jaemin, and it seems that the feeling are mutual for the two of them. It was one of the rumours for a long time already. They said Jaemin actually liked the school beauty, Lami and they have been talking for a long time already but Hina never saw them together.

When Hina got home, instead of checking her phone, she went straight to bed. She wasn't actually sleepy but she felt like her body is too tired to move. She didn't even bother to change into pyjamas and went straight to bed wearing her uniform. She fell asleep after some minute.

Her phone alarm woke her from her sleep. She didn't even realized that she fell asleep. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter