•Three• Only if You stayed

Only The Ring Remained

ARA chaps r so different and shorter than these.. But AFF ones r better :)

I was inspired to write a supernatural type of story after reading Puzzle from Wattpad. It was so good it had me crying so bad. It was Jikook tho but don't worry, the whole story idea came from my own personal brain.

Kookieeeeeee :)

___________

"Son, you should go back, I might not survive any longer" said the 50 year old man. He was in the hospital bed, lying breathlessly and eyes trying to be kept open. His eyes were lacking soul and body lacking energy yet he held onto his son's hand. "Dad, don't say that!" His son was getting teary and held onto his father's hand tightly as if he didn't want him to go away. "I will get the best doctors for you! You still have your company, I can't handle it alone! I need you!" He started to cry. All the emotions seemed to hurt his heart. Seeing his dad who loved him more than anything might not be able to see his son more than a few hours or moments just seems too much for him to take in.

"You are a mature man now son" his dad says trying to breathe. His voice was low but his son still heard him. "You can manage the company.. No doctor can s-save me n-now. Jeongguk dear..don't be heart broken after I go a-away. Its your duty to take up the c-company after me.. And after I die, never be depressed..remember our happy memories together" tears slipped from both of their eyes. "You have to be brave..for me and for him..he wants you to be b-brave..I have to leave, after I leave g-go back to him and co-confess. I am mortal.I need to leave..I love you my son"

Jeongguk just held his hand and kept on crying, his eyes were shut and hear was aching more than anything. 

Why? Why will he leave? Why cancer? Why last stage? Why all alone?

Why will he die?

These thoughts kept going on in his brain. His father's grip loosened. Jeongguk felt his father had stopped breathing and became stiff. He opened his eyes and saw his father's eyes opens wide and completely lifeless. Those eyes were staring right into him. 

A goodbye.

———

A month has passed. Jeongguk is in a bad state yet he is doing what his dad wanted him to do. To take over the company but he still forgot one person in his grief.

His best friend.

He still hadn't called him or told him anything. Taehyung had texted him a few times but he never said anything through those texts at all.It was just normal 'hi's and 'hello's. He just didn't know how to tell him. He still wasn't mentally prepared for anything. Most of the time he would engulf himself in work, like before but this time more. So much that he doesn't get proper sleep at night. He even forgot how to talk, everyday he just recalls how his dad used to sit on the same chair that he sits on now. His father was a kind man. Always fought his son to be brave and kind, forgiving.

The same thing he learned from his best friend.

 

He was sitting in the car. Cars everywhere, no space for a single human body to walk on the busy road. He was patiently waiting for the traffic to get over so that he could head back home. After going to his home, his only job was to work on some more documents until its past midnight. He could hear horns, loud horns and louder horns. 

He looked through the glass window of the car (idk what its really called. Wind shield of the car? Sorry I forgot but u do understand right? Yeah u do)

Two young males were sitting on the back sit together, both of them sharing a single ear phone. One was listening to music— other probably asleep already. Reminded him so much of one certain incident. 

 

Jeongguk insisted Taehyung to tag along, he didn't want to shop alone for him. He wanted his best friend to make choices of what should he wear for the upcoming party that both of them would attend. They were high school students at that time. Jeongguk was 17 and his bestie was 18. Both of them were sitting on the backseat and watching the cars and homes pass by through the window. In the driver seat ; his dad ; Taehyung's mom were sitting beside. "I don't know why you forced us to come. You guys are men now" Jeongguk's father said while driving. The woman nodded saying, "He is right, you don't usually do it Kookie dear" Taehyung was questionably looking at his Kook, who was thinking what to say. He sighs. "I heard you guys saying that we are growing up and don't spend much time with our parents so.."  Jeongguk timidly said. Their parents smiled at them fondly. Both got answers to their question. "Taehyung-ah, your Jeongguk got influenced by you. He is acting as if he is 10" The two elder people laughed. Taehyung blushed when he heard 'your Jeongguk' by his uncle. "Don't worry kids. We know you love us..its just that you are growing up so soon. You guys are always so clingy so we were just saying you forgot us. Nothing serious" His aunty said. He felt so stupid now. He practically acted like a kid and embarrassed himself in front of his bestie. Great.

"I didn't know you were so soft inside Kookie"  Taehyung teased. He laughed.

"No I am not! Its just that I.." Only if he knew what to say. Poor Jeongguk trailed off.

"Kook! Let's listen to some music" 

He nodded. They were sharing a white ear phone. The song was playing from Taehyung's phone. At first they were listening to a fun EDM song but then a soft and slow romantic song started to play. Jeongguk was so lost in the calming music and closed his eyes.

 

                  ~ Its was summer and I was cold, you came and hugged me warm

                                  I was young and so were you, yet it felt so right

                  Our friendship started when we smiled but not letting it fade away

                                   This is a promise I made to you remember?

                   Your presence made me warm in winter and cold in the summer

                    Can we keep on holding hands and keep on being us forever?~

 

Jeongguk's mind went to their first meeting. It was summer and he had hugged Taehyung thinking it was some other kid. Then they became friends instantly. This song reminds of their childhood. This song was a gift for Jeongguk on his 16th birthday.

Taehyung and Jeongguk both sang that song together and Taehyung surprised Jeongguk on his birthday by giving the vocals a touch of music.

 

'Thank you Tae for this' 

Jeongguk than opens his eyes and looks at a cute Taehyung already sleeping while his hands are wrapped around Jeongguk's right arm.

"I love you" he whispers and ruffles Taehyung's hair who whines in sleep.

 

Taehyung..

Taehyung!

Tae!

Jeongguk recalls how his father wanted him to visit his bestfriend. He was so lost that he even forgot about going back to Korea from Japan. When his father moved to Japan, leaving him alone in Korea in order to complete his studies, he didn't know the main reason was his father's illness. The company was already having a tough time so when Jeongguk turned 18, he left for Japan. He didn't want to leave Taehyung but he had to. His father was alone. After a year he got to know about his dad having cancer but never said anything as his dad forbade him. His dad had rivalry with many, so if his enemies knew, they would do anything to steal power and authority of the company. Jeongguk worked hard with his dad and finally the company rose again but in the last 4 months even doctors couldn't help his father and Jeongguk realized that death was approaching his dad. So he was with his dad always, taking care of him more.

Jeongguk only visited his bestie 3 times in the last four years. He occasionally used to update his friend with his selfies and Taehyung the same. But in the last year they never met even once and in the last few months they barely talked. Each time Taehyung asked him if anything was wrong, he would lie. He would say he misses his best friend but inside he was worried about his father's condition too. Not even once he forgot about Taehyung but after his father's death, he even forgot his own existence.

"Its Tae's birthday soon. I will come to you Tae. I promise. I will be with you again after years, please wait for me" 

~~~~

I made up the lyrics but aren't they sweet? Teenage Tae and Kookie are so cute..my heart.. I feel each chap is incomplete without their fluffy flashbacks.

But in a few chapters things will change. Stay tuned ;) They will meet soon :)