•TWO• Memories

Only The Ring Remained

 

                                ~A piece of glass held our memories together

                                     Some were good and some were tough

                             But in the end, we were still sharing every piece~


I was walking down the street. I was all alone again. It was getting a little cold since it was getting late at night. I'm used to being alone but not that I like it. Today was the same like any other day. Same old university life. But it wasn't that good today. Some guys hate me there, they call me names and spread rumours. They think I am that nerdy who gets good grades and then likes rubbing it on people's faces. They hate me because I get good grades and the professors like me a little.

Suddenly I hear steady footsteps. It was getting closer and i felt a little scared. Is it a robber? Goon? Before I could get away I hear a familiar voice and turn back. "​​​​​​Hey !" It was Minjoon. He was taller than me and had a serial killer type face, he was always cold with people and a pure sadist.He is the one who started bad rumours about me. He started bullying me first until his friend Gwam joined. I realized that they will trouble me again. But before I could get away, Gwam kicked me in the stomach. I groaned in pain and landed on the ground. "Why did you hit me!" In return I get more punch and kick.

I got up in anger and landed a punch on Gwam's face. Last time I did something like this don't do me any good. But I don't like it. Jeongguk always wanted me to be strong. I cannot disappoint him. I then tried kicking Minjoon's leg but something hit me from behind. "Ah!"

Last thing I remember blood was dripping off of my head and I out.

"TaeTae! Let's play!" Little 10 year old Jeongguk beamed at Taehyung who just came. Tae nodded. Both were playing with a ball. They were smiling and giggling but someone then snatched it away and then threw it. It was a kid, probably 12. Both the kids were disappointed.They looked at the guy frowning. The guy was taller than them and had sleepy looking eyes. "Why did you throw it away Yoongi? Little Jeongguk snapped at Yoongi.

The guy smirked,"Its my ball hence I get to decide what I do with it. Not you kid" Taehyung got nervous seeing Yoongi so he hid behind his Kookie. Jeongguk noticed how scared his best friend was so he placed his hands over his shoulder. "Its okay Tae, he won't hurt you. I won't let him" Yoongi laughed, "Who told you I won't? Who told you I'm nice?" "Just shut up! Now be nice and get us that ball" Yoongi  didnt hear Jeongguk. Instead he grabbed Taehyung's slender hands harshly making Taehyung winch in pain. "Stop! It hurts" he had tears in his eyes already. Seeing this, Jeongguk felt really bad. He never liked when his TaeTae cried. He punched Yoongi and Yoongi fell on the ground. He yelped in pain. Taehyung didn't like it, he never liked it when people fought. On the other hand, Jeongguk didn't want Taehyung to cry. He knew how much his Tae had loved that ball and besides that yellow ball was close to his heart. After all his friend had saved money to buy it for Kookie few months ago when it was his 10th birthday.

Taehyung didn't want to see his Kookie getting hurt. Last time Jeongguk hurt his knee because of fighting and Taehyung was a crying mess. Jeongguk is not the type to bully or fight but when it comes to Taehyung, he never steps back. He would always protect him. "S-stop! Please don't fight! Kookie d-dont hurt him! D-dont fight because of m-me" Taehyung desperately said. "Why not? He wanted to hurt you! He even threw away our ball" Taehyung grabbed his hands. "No. Please d-dont! Yoongi hyung, please don't hurt Kookie and be mad at me. I will play with you. We will share the ball hyung. Don't be shy" Taehyung tried to smile through his crystal like tears. Jeongguk was speechless, he had no idea why Tae was saying all that. Taehyung was looking scared but at the same time friendly.

Yoongi was surprised. His pissed off look dropped a bit. "Wh-what do you mean? Why would I play w-with you?" Taehyung smiled. "I saw you looking at Kookie when he was playing before when I came. You were sitting alone there so I just guessed".  Taehyung helped Yoongi get up. "I was just l-lonely. S-sorry Taehyung and Jeongguk. I thought no one will play with me. They don't like me. They say I am grumpy" Yoongi said being half guilty and half embarrassed. Taehyung giggled, the same giggle that can melt millions of hearts including Jeongguk's.

"Jungkookie, please don't be mad at him. He just wanted to play with us. He didn't know how to and he was sad" he said while pouting cutely. Taehyung then cupped Jeongguk's cheeks which turned pinkish instantly. Jeongguk doesn't know why but he felt his tummy tickling, he still liked it though. He liked Taehyung's touches. "Fine Tae" he said before fetching the ball. "Now let's play! Yaay" his smile melted Taehyung instantly. 

Jeongguk doesn't know why but his Tae was different than others, in his eyes he was unique and an angel. Taehyung only cared for people, he was so generous. Jeongguk smiled to himself when he thought his friend being nice to the guy who was harsh with him just a few moments ago.

Three of them started to play. They were giggling of joy and pure happiness.

"Tae, why are you so nice?" "I don't know.You tell me" 

"Because you are nice!" he giggled.

"But you are better! Besides mom tells me that if I treat people nice, I get treated nice. You never know when someone is sad. I don't like it when people are sad. It makes me sad too" he said pouting.

"TaeTae, always be strong. Never thing you are weak okay? For me?"

"For you" he said and kissed his cheeks. They went back to their game again only to find Yoongi sleeping already.

 

I open my eyes. I was lying down on the bed of my own room. I feel my head hurting sickly. "​​​​​​​Ah!" ​​​I touch my head instinctly and feel bandage wrapped around.

How am I here? Who brought me here? Does mom know?

Then I see the door of my room being opened. I see my mom bringing soup and then placed it on the table. She then sits beside me and looks at me for some moment. She sighs, "Who did this to you?"

Should I tell her? Or lie again?

"Don't you dare to lie again young man" 

Probably not.

I end up telling everything to her.

"You were hurting and never told me? Why?"

"Its n-nothing. I am being bullied nothing serious-"

"What do you mean? You are being bullied! God knows what would have happened if Yoongi didn't find you!" she yelled.

I don't look into her eyes. I don't even know why I am crying right now. Tears slip through my eyes and run down through my bruised face. My mom engulfs me in her embrace, she feels so warm. I wish even he could hold me like this, right now. I am sobbing harder thinking this. "I am sorry my son but you can't let yourself hurt like this. Be strong Taehyung-ah" 

"TaeTae, always be strong, never think you are weak okay? For me?"

She is right.

"I am sorry m-mom, I will try to be s-strong." she gently rubs my back before cupping my cheeks. "Does it hurt too much?" She had concern in her voice and in her eyes. "It will heal soon" I then take her hand, she looked confused but doesn't say anything. "Mom, I have something to say" 

"I am listening" 

Now it is time

"Mom, I love J-jeongguk. I like g-guys" ​​​​​​I couldn't look into her eyes. I am too scared. "Do you h-hate me n-now? Am I d-dirty n-now?" Unknowingly more tears slip and fall on the bed. She doesn't say anything and just hugs me. "How can someone hate a guy like you? I can never hate my son, you never did any wrong. Besides I proud of you. Be who you are Tae"  I hug her more tight and say,"Thank you a lot. I am happy to have you as my mom." We break the hug. My mom looks a little teary. But these are tears of happiness. She did so many things for me and still keeps on doing them. What did I ever do to get her as my mother? "You miss him right? Its so visible in your eyes. Whenever I mention him, you look lost" I don't say anything.

"For how long have you been liking guys?"

"I don't know. Maybe three or f-four years?" I look down

"Why did you hide it? Were you scared?"

"Very. I thought you hated gays"

She laughs. "Of course not, silly" "And for how long have you been loving him?" I blush instantly.

"Since forever"

"Don't worry sweetheart. Next time he visits us, don't be late and pour out your feelings to him. I'm sure he loves you too" I nod.

She then leaves me to eat the soup. I look at the hanging  photo frame on the wall. It was a picture of me and him when he was 9 and I was 10. 

He was holding a fish and smiling through his bunny teeth before the camera. My left arm was over his shoulder. It was our first time fishing. His and my dad decided to go out fishing and we both tagged along. He looked so happy when he caught a fish for the first time. He couldn't stop his bunny smile and my heart couldn't help but melt. He was always cute and precious for me. We were so happy and close.

It was a picture of our memories together. We were young and carefree. Is he thinking about me right now? Would he be proud of me too like mom is? Will he ever love me the way I do?

~~~~

Little Tae is so sweet cute! I love making their childhood flashbacks. They are so fluffy! So proud he finally came out officially in front of his mom. Such a cute mom. Aaaww :)

By the way, in the next chap, I will write Kookie's character! Can't wait! Who knows what's happening with him?

Hope you liked this chapter! Comment!