Chapter 2

Dark Prince

Kyungsoo woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He rolled over and looked at the caller ID, it was Baekhyun. Kyungsoo sighed and answered the phone, rolling onto his back and staring at the ceiling.

"Hello?"

"Kyungsoo! Hey buddy! Pal! My great man!" Baekhyun squealed through the phone and Kyungsoo flinched.

"Don't you have a hangover?" He rolled his eyes at his friend through the phone.

"Surprisingly, it isn't that bad. I also remember everything from last night so I wasn't that drunk," Baekhyun chuckled and continued talking, "Anyway, thank you for getting that cab for me."

"No problem, you alcoholic." Kyungsoo laughed when he heard Baekhyun whine.

"So, what did you do after you sent me home?" Baekhyun questioned innocently but Kyungsoo was struck with the memory of Kai. "Earth to Kyungsoo!"

He snapped out of his thoughts at Baekhyun's screaming, "Oh, sorry. I went to walk home but I heard laughing in the alley next to the club. When I went to see who it was, an absolutely beautiful man asked for my number and I gave it to him. I don't even know why!" Kyungsoo realized that he had no idea why he gave that man his number. He had barely even talked to him for 3 minutes.

"You gave a guy your number?" Baekhyun was surprisingly calm.

"Yeah?"

"Oh my god! I can't believe this! I knew you would have fun! What's his name?! What does he look like?" There was the Baekhyun reaction he was expecting.

"Well, His name is Kai."

"What's his last name?!"

"I don't know. If you want me to tell you more, save your questions for the end." Kyungsoo could practically see Baekhyun pouting as he continued, "He was wearing ripped jeans with fishnets under them, a tight black shirt and a leather jacket. He has very tanned skin and two different colored eyes. His hair was a really dark brown."

"Wow, you didn't even breathe. Wait, what do you mean by two different colored eyes? Did he mismatch his contacts?" Baekhyun's interest was peaked.

"No. They looked natural. It was crazy!"

"That is so cool! Has he called or texted you yet?"

"I don't know, you woke me up with your call so I haven't been able to look." Kyungsoo stated the obvious to Baekhyun.

"It is literally noon, how did I wake you up?! Oh, well, I will let you go look then. Also, I am going to your apartment later because I don't have to work tomorrow, you have no say. Text me if he texted you! I want screenshots!!!!" Baekhyun screamed as he hung up.

Kyungsoo shook his head and took his phone away from his face. He pulled down the little bar at the top of his phone screen to look at his notifications. He got 3 texts. 2 from Kai and one from Baekhyun. Since he was nervous to open the ones from Kai just yet, he clicked Baekhyun's name to see what he had to say.

'DONT FORGET SCREENSHOTS MAN!!'

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and slowly opened the ones from Kai. He couldn't hold it off any longer.

'Hey. This is Kyungsoo, right?'
'Text me back when you get this'

"Not afraid of the double text, haha" Kyungsoo laughed and didn't even think before he started typing a reply.

'Yeah. This is Kyungsoo. And I got your text' He hit send without even re-reading it.

"Wait. What? That sounds so dumb. I need help." Kyungsoo said while reluctantly calling Baekhyun.

"Hello? Why are you calling me?" Baekhyun said, clearly confused.

"Hey, yeah so I need help. Kai texted me, basically just asking if it was me and to text him back if I got his message and I was like 'yeah it's me. And I got your message.' I feel like that is so dumb wtf is wrong with me." Kyungsoo rambled on and Baekhyun quietly waited for him to finish and calm down.

"Yeah. That was pretty dumb. Maybe when he texts you back, before you make a fool out of yourself, SEND ME SCREENSHOTS!"

He sighed, and then chuckled silently, "Okay, I will."

"Good. I have to go now. Bye!" Baekhyun hung up quickly. Kyungsoo shook his head and got out of bed, getting ready for the day, leaving his phone on his bed.

He shuffled his way into the bathroom to take a shower, taking his sweet time. He didn't have to work today so instead, he sat under the warm water and thought again, about Kai. Kyungsoo's mind, ever since he met him, had been infatuated with Kai. There was something about the rebellious looking man that drew Kyungsoo in. He felt flustered and embarrassed but also like he had known the man for so long. It was perplexing and he got lost in his thoughts and only thought to get out of the shower when the water ran cold.

Kyungsoo dried off quickly and dressed, wanting to check his phone as soon as possible. As soon as he buttoned his pants he rushed into his room to check his phone. The little light on his phone was blinking, indicating a text had come in. He quickly turned his phone on and typed in his code, checking his notifications.

'Remember! SCREENSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT BE A LOSER'

His shoulders dropped and he thought about blocking Baekhyun for getting his hopes up. He typed out a reply to Baekhyun saying 'K bro' and then threw his phone back on his bed, not wanting to carry his phone around to strengthen the slight anxiety he had for waiting for Kai's reply.

Kyungsoo wandered into his kitchen and decided to make himself a large bowl of cereal. Cereal was something he could live off of. He could eat it all day, everyday and not get sick of it. He poured the Cocoa Pebbles into a bowl as his mind wandered to the night before. There was something strange about Kai but Kyungsoo couldn't put his finger on it. After a little bit he shrugged and started to pour the milk into his bowl, and the finishing his breakfast fast.

After he rinsed his bowl he went back into his room, staring expectantly at his phone, waiting for the little red light to blink. When it did, Kyungsoo practically jumped on his bed to retrieve his phone, anxiously and clumsily unlocking it. He wasted no time clicking on his notifications. He saw Kai's name in his texts and stalled for a second and then cautiously opened the text.

'Good. About continuing our conversation last night, I was serious. Do you want to meet up at ----- cafe?'

Kyungsoo re-read the text several times. He couldn't believe that Kai wanted to meet up with him. Kyungsoo typed out a well thought reply this time, reading his text over and over to make sure it didn't sound weird. He finally sent you the text which said:

'You seemed serious. I can meet up at ------. What time?'

He screenshotted Kai's text and his own reply and sent it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun texted back almost immediately:

'I meant send me what he says and I can help you form a reply, idiot. But at least you didn't sound stupid this time. Good job, dude.'

'Well, I made sure it didn't sound stupid before I sent it. Have some faith in me.'

The phone vibrated in Kyungsoo's hand. Kai had messaged him back. He calmly clicked on the message banner and read what it had to say,

'You busy right now?'

He didn't hesitate, 'No, I am not, I will leave now.'

Barely 30 seconds passed before he received a reply saying 'Okay, see you there.'

Kyungsoo very quickly got himself ready, slipping his shoes on and running a brush through his still slightly-wet hair. He walked out of the door to his apartment and left the building, taking a left towards the cafe, his pace fast. He was nervous but he also couldn't wait to see Kai. He rounded the corner and saw the cafe about 100 feet away. He quickened his steps even more, finally slowing down when he reached the door.

His eyes scanned the small establishment, looking for Kai. When he spotted him, he stepped into the cafe and made his way over to the small table he was sitting at. He sat down on the empty chair, across from Kai, and looked into the different colored eyes that seemed to be searching his soul.

"So, you come here often?" Kyungsoo asked, breaking their short staring contest.

Kai leaned back in his chair, looking very amused, "Yeah, I do, actually." He leaned forward again, resting his elbows on the table, his head in his hands, "Do you?"

"Not really, I been in here once or twice. The outside world is not really my favorite thing."

Kai had a look of concern pass across his face, but it was gone within seconds, "So do you not like to be at the center of people's attention?"

"No, it makes me uncomfortable. But in school I could give class presentations and be fine."

"Oh."

"Well, is Kai your real name?" Kyungsoo thought back to Baekhyun asking what Kai's full name was. He had to admit, he was curious about it too.

"Yes and no. But for all intents and purposes, my name is Kim Kai. That's how I sign ." He chuckled under his breath, "What is your full name, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo fought back the urge to shiver when Kai said his name, just as he had the night before, "Do Kyungsoo. By the way, your name is really cool."

"Thank you. I like yours too. It seems to suit you well. Are you a very independent person?" Kai kept staring directly into Kyungsoo's eyes everytime he asked a question.

Kyungsoo thought for a moment, "This is an intense game of 20 questions," Kai chuckled at his remark, "But, I like to think I am. I have lived by myself since I was 17. I don't know if that proves anything."

"I guess it kinda has turned into 20 questions. Cool. Do you have any questions to ask me?" Kai asked, seeming to get more and more interested in the conversation.

"I don't, really. Uhm... Who are you? Like, what are some of your likes, dislikes, favorite color even."

"Okay. You know my name, I like dogs and many other animals, I like dancing and singing. I don't like horror movies. I find them too gross and scary. As for a favorite color, I don't really have one. What about you?" Kai answered carefully, calculating careful answers for the basic questions.

Kyungsoo thought for a quick second before answering, "I like Kimchi Spaghetti, and music. I don't like the dark, I also dislike messes. My favorite color is-" He was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing. He looked down at it and saw that Baekhyun was calling.

"Hold on, I have to get this," He said to Kai, looking at him apologetically. He answered the call and lifted the phone to his ear, "Hello?"

"Hey! I am at your house! Where the hell are you?" Baekhyun huffed over the line, "If you don't get here soon I am gonna raid your fridge!"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he looked over at Kai, "I forgot you said you were coming over! I will be there soon. Don't all of the strawberries, you fruit ." Kyungsoo saw Kai raise his eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, yeah, just get here quickly, your apartment is even more boring without you in it. Bye!" Baekhyun sang and then hung up. Kyungsoo shoved his phone into his pocket, looking at Kai again.

"I am so sorry but I have to go. My friend is at my apartment and if I don't get there soon, I will have to go to the grocery store for the third time this week."

Kai laughed, "No problem. But if you don't mind, may I walk you home? It is getting kind of dark out and it would be bad if something happened to you."

"Yeah, sure, that would be nice." Kyungsoo felt his cheeks grow a bit warm at Kai's gentlemanly offer, "Let's get going then."

They walked in silence most of the time. Kyungsoo noticed Kai looking around a lot but he kept the observation to himself. They soon arrived to Kyungsoo's apartment building and he felt slight resentment towards Baekhyun in that moment. He had to fight the urge to kick Baekhyun's when he went inside.

"Thank you for walking me home, it was very appreciated."

"It's nothing, this is the least I could do. I hope you have a nice night and that we can talk in person again, soon." Kai patted Kyungsoo on the shoulder.

"I hope so too. Good night." 

"Night."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Lol this chapter ain't the greatest but its the longest I have ever written. I hope y'all enjoy it.