Halloween

Seoul Paper Company

“YEOGI BUTERA!!” Seungri dramatically screamed out from his crouched position on top of his desk. He was dressed in an ostentatious manner, wearing clothing no normal person would ever think of putting on. A long stand of blue hair laid across his face. If it isn’t clear yet, Seungri was dressed as G-Dragon in the Fantastic Baby era.

 

“PLEASE GET OFF YOUR DESK!” Namjoon yelled out in concern as he took off the head of his Ryan costume to reprimand the man. He couldn’t risk Seungri getting hurt and then suing the company.

 

It was Halloween, and everybody in the office went pretty crazy when it came to their costumes. Although it was fun to see, some people went way too overboard, as demonstrated by Seungri.

 

“But this is what GD does in the opening of the Fantastic Baby mv,” Seungri complained as he got off his desk, upset at the fact that Namjoon wasn’t letting him stick to his role.

 

Seokjin— dressed up as a fluffy alpaca with a bandana around his neck— rubbed Namjoon’s shoulders trying to calm him down. They looked down right ridiculous to everybody else— two grown men wearing giant animal costumes. But whatever, they looked cute.

 

“My warriors, it is time,” Jackson dramatically announced on the other side of the room as he raised his arms, displaying the full beauty of his gold embroidered robe.

 

He was decked out in an ornate red robe with a fancy headpiece to match. When asked what he was supposed to be, Jackson had responded with, ”A king duh. My name’s Jackson Wang and Wang means king.”

 

Jackson was currently beckoning to Taehyung and Minho, who were wearing matching outfits and kneeling before him. Both Taehyung and Minho had donned on blue and white robes with a sword attached to their sides. Minho had even tied a purple piece of fabric around his head. Speaking of heads, they were both wearing wigs, making their hair cascade down their backs.

 

“My king, we Hwarang are here to serve,” Taehyung and Minho chorused together, holding a fist up to their hearts. Taemin just stared over at his man with a glint in his eyes. He’s looking real good, Taemin thought to himself as he bit his lip.

 

Taemin himself was also looking real good. He strutted into the office with smokey eye makeup, ripped black jeans, and a tight leather jacket with no shirt underneath. Upon seeing him, Minho blushed bright red and pulled Taemin off to the supply closet outside of the office. Taemin had just smirked as he followed Minho’s lead.

 

“What are the Hwarang?” Namjoon whispered as he watched the outrageous scene in front of him.

 

“The Hwarang were an elite warrior group of male youth in Silla. Gosh boss, didn’t you watch the kdrama,” Moonbyul (who was dressed as a giant radish) responded back with a shake of her head.

 

“JOONIE!! We saw that drama together! How could you forget,” Seokjin reprimanded his boyfriend.

 

“Yeah Namjoon! We literally came over every week to watch the kdrama together,” Jungkook complained as Jimin shook his head off to the side.

 

Both of them were wearing really expensive Gucci casual clothing in an attempt to look like they were famous. They had even put on makeup and styled their hair to look like idols (“We’re gay idols” “Why don’t you just say idols”  “Because we’re gay”).

 

“Kibum… what are you wearing,” Jackson broke out of character to question his outfit choices, obviously judging the other man. Kibum was donning a giant hot dog costume that seemed oddly familiar.

 

“I’m the dancing hotdog from Snapchat!!! Maybe this will refresh your minds,” Kibum exclaimed as he began to bust out some outrageous dance moves. He shimmied around in his outfit and even went down on the floor to spin around.

 

Joonmyun let out a scoff at Kibum’s dancing. It was hard not to, he looked like an idiot in that suit. Kibum, however, did not take too kindly to that, causing him to intensely glare Joonmyun’s way.

 

“Who are you even supposed to be?” Kibum questioned rudely as he glanced at Joonmyun’s outfit.

 

Joonmyun was wearing what looked like a very expensive, jeweled suit with a low cut white shirt underneath. His hair was parted to the side and styled up with lots of product. He had even completed his outfit with the inclusion of an earpiece mic, much like the ones idols used on stage.

 

“I’m Suho from EXO!” Joonmyun exclaimed in exasperation, as though it should have been obvious. Kibum immediately began to double over in laughter at his response.

 

“WHAT!!! That talented, extremely handsome— (“And rich” Seokjin called out)— and rich idol,” Minho interjected in pure shock. Joonmyun let out an irritated cry. Everyone around them began to give their opinions on the matter as well.

 

“You look nothing like him!!!”

 

“I really don’t see it,” Luna— who was wearing bootcut pants and had her hair styled in a 70s fashion— quietly whispered to Hyungwon— who was dressed as the Grim Reaper from the kdrama ‘Goblin’.

 

“But everyone always tells me how I look just like Suho,” Joonmyun cut through all their complaints. There was a brief silence as the employees all stared at him, eyes squinted in concentration, trying to see if there was even a speck of resemblance between the two.

 

“If you tilt your head 90 degrees and then close your eyes, you can kind of see it,” Jungkook spoke up from the side. Taehyung immediately followed his instructions (“If I just imagine real hard, I can sort of picture it”).

 

“Who exactly is telling you that you look like Suho!!! Was it your grandma?,” Kibum scoffed out, immediately smirking when his question was met with silence, ”OMG!! IT WAS WASN’T IT!!!”

 

“You need the paycheck Joonmyun. Relax. Breathe,” Joonmyun muttered to himself, trying to encourage himself to not kill his coworkers. He walked over to alcoholic drinks and immediately downed a shot.

 

Completely oblivious to how much Joonmyun wanted to kill them, Taehyung turned towards Yoongi and Hoseok and excitedly asked them who they were supposed to be.

 

“Isn’t it obvious with those robes Tae? I thought it was pretty clear that they’re supposed to be some wizards attending Hogwarts,” Jimin said as he stared at the couple in front of him.

 

“Ohh, I see. CRUCIO!!” Taehyung shot out playfully as he grabbed a pencil from his desk and pointed it at Hoseok like it was a wand. That was literally one of the only spells he knew.

 

“TAEHYUNG!!!! HOW COULD YOU!! No Unforgivables in my office,” Namjoon exclaimed, eyes wide as he slapped his hand over his mouth in complete shock. Seokjin just rolled his eyes, and slapped the back of Namjoon’s head. His boyfriend was such a nerd sometimes.

 

“Just some Hogwarts wizards!!!! He thinks we’re just some Hogwarts students,” Yoongi cried out to Hoseok, completely offended by Jimin’s response, at the same time that Taehyung let out a “Sorry hyung!” to Namjoon. Hoseok just scoffed at the disrespect.

 

“UHH JIMIN!! You got him started again!!” Jungkook groaned out. He had already gone through this back at the apartment when he made the same mistake Jimin had. Jungkook just rubbed his temples irritatedly as Yoongi took a giant breath in preparation for his rant.

 

“Me and Hoseok here are dressed as the most iconic gay couple in the cinematic history— aka Drarry, aka Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter!!!! Those two are the classic example of the enemies to lover trope. By the end of the series, it was easy to see how in love they were. Mmm, it still brings tears to my eyes,” Yoongi cried out as he clutched his heart and wiped away an imaginary tear from his eyes. Hoseok just gave him a sappy look— Yoongi was just so darn adorable when it came to Harry Potter.

 

“I can’t believe you made me dye your hair blonde for this!” Jungkook complained. He didn’t think Yoongi would be this committed to his costume. Jimin and Taehyung just stared at Yoongi like he was crazy.

 

“I’m pretty sure you’re just reaching here— they were never together in the books or films,” Namjoon corrected, having read through the series multiple times. Hey, he was pretty loyal to the books.

 

“Uhh get that hetero nonsense out of here!” Yoongi shot back with a glare.

 

“You seem to forget that I am very much gay,” Namjoon replied back unbothered, at which Seokjin let out a “Well I sure hope so”.

 

“I can’t believe I’m friends with people who don’t know how to read between the lines. JUNG HOSEOK!!! Let’s go get some food,” Yoongi shouted out Hoseok’s name with malice much like the way in which Draco Malfoy said “POTTER!”. He grabbed Hoseok’s arm and pulled them towards the snack table, while Hoseok just shot their friends an apologetic look.

 

Creed walked up to the trio after Yoongi’s little outburst. He was eating some ice cream out a small bowl.

 

“What are you dressed as?” Jimin questioned, trying to strike up some friendly conversation with the older man. Creed wasn’t dressed any differently than usual, sparking Jimin’s curiosity.

 

“Creed Bratton,” Creed responded back, unbothered.

 

“You’re supposed to dress up in a costume for Halloween right? You know, be something you’re usually not,” Taehyung informed him.

 

Creed just looked at them with wide, crazy eyes. “I know,” he responded back. Everyone quickly walked away from him, officially creeped out.

 

            ******************************************

“Everybody give Seungri— (“AHEM!!!”)— uh I mean GD a round of applause for letting us borrow two floors of the building to host our haunted house,” Namjoon announced to the office, as he started a round of applause. Everyone let out a giant whoop as Seungri took a dramatic bow.

 

“I, King of the Seoul Paper Company do declare: It’s gon be lit,” Jackson declared in a grandeur tone. He really was sticking to his costume.

 

“Before anybody chickens out— ahem Kibum and Hoseok— we decided to add a reward. Those who successfully make it through the haunted house will get a gift,” Seokjin notified everybody. He really wanted everyone to have fun— even if they were total cry babies.

 

Kibum brushed the hair out of his eyes sassily, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Nobody paid him any attention, everybody too excited about the possibility of winning a prize.

 

“What gift?” someone asked from the crowd.

 

“A pay raise!!!” Seokjin excitedly answered.

 

“Oh man, cool!” “Heck yeah!”

 

“Ummm Jinnie dear, I don’t think we’re allowed to do that,” Namjoon nervously whispered out of the corner of his mouth.

 

“What’s that Joonie? A pay raise and more vacation days! Aren’t you feeling generous!!”

 

Oh man!! Corporate was gonna whip his !!

 

The haunted house people had set up microphones throughout the floors so that the people not going through the course could listen to what was going on inside. This way, people on the outside didn’t get bored or anything while small groups went through the haunted house.  

 

First up was Taemin and Minho. They were determined to be the fastest group to go through the haunted house (“You know time doesn’t matter. You just have to finish the course” “Just get your timer ready man”).

 

They beelined throughout the entire course almost completely silent, except for a few squeaks from Minho every now and then.

 

Taemin, for some strange reason, was not afraid at all, and gave interesting commentary rather than let out any screams (“The ghost really need to redo their makeup” “That’s a cool outfit bro, where’d you get it”). It almost seemed like he was enjoying it, judging by the laughter coming through the sound equipment in the office.

 

“BOO!!”

 

“AHHH!!! TAEMIN!!! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SCARE ME!!! I TRUSTED YOU!”

 

Yeah, he was having too much fun.

 

Pair after pair went through the haunted house, every one of them making it through the course.

 

Taehyung got stuck going with Kibum, which was a giant mistake, seeing as how Kibum let out a continuous stream of piercing shrieks, from the moment they entered to the moment they exited.

 

“Namjoon you better double my raise for having to suffer through that. Kibum was worse than the ghosts!” Taehyung threatened his boss once he got out.

 

Namjoon and Seokjin had stuck to their plan of speed walking through the haunted house, completely ignoring every ghost that came their way.

 

“Not today Ghost-ssi,” Seokjin would mutter every time a ghost popped out. He forcefully pulled Namjoon through the course, refusing to look back. All the ghosts were disappointed that they couldn’t get a single scream out of the pair.

 

Jungkook and Jimin went up next.

 

“Don’t worry Jimin, I’ll protect you,” Jungkook said with bravado before they entered. He wasn’t scared of some haunted house!

 

“My hero,” Jimin said as he rolled his eyes, but secretly he was pleased that Jungkook was going to be there for him.

 

Some hero Jungkook turned out to be. At the appearance of the first ghost, Jungkook had immediately jumped into Jimin’s arms, screaming as though he were going to die at any moment.

 

“Are you recording this?” Taehyung asked with a smug grin. It was great having dirt on Jungkook!

 

“Of course! It’s great blackmail for the future,” Yoongi replied back as he held up his phone to the speaker in the room, trying to capture every last scream Jungkook let out.

 

Seokjin solemnly laid his hand on Yoongi’s shoulder and pretended to wipe some fake tears off his face, ”I knew I taught you well.”

 

“JIMIN SAVE ME!!!” Jungkook let out a loud sob. Oh my god, he was actually crying!!!

 

“YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE SAVING ME!! SOME BOYFRIEND YOU ARE!” Jimin shot back angrily, a bit out of breath from carrying Jungkook. It really didn’t help that Jungkook’s arms were locked around his neck, cutting off his breathing.

 

Jimin immediately threw Jungkook on the floor with a loud ‘Hmmph’ once they had finally made it out of the haunted house.

 

Last up were Yoongi and Hoseok.

 

“You ready SeokSeok,” Yoongi tried to act brave, but really he was shaking in his boots. He really wasn’t found of dark places, or jump scares, or ghosts, or …… well you get the idea.

 

Hoseok, was also pretty scared, even more so than Yoongi (if that was possible). He grabbed onto Yoongi’s hand as they entered, trying to have at least some sense of comfort before he walked into his worst nightmare.

 

Yoongi took the lead, seeing as Hoseok had firmly attached himself to Yoongi from behind, eyes closed shut and head buried in his neck.

 

If Yoongi wasn’t frightened out of his mind, he would be a blushing mess right now.

 

Suddenly, a sharp sound reverberated throughout the empty hallways. Both men jumped at the loud noise, their heartbeats going crazy.

 

“AHHH!! AHHHH!!” Hoseok let out ear piercing shrieks that totally deafened Yoongi. Maybe having Hoseok behind him wasn’t the best idea.

 

“That was just my foot Hoseok. I accidentally hit the wall,” Yoongi tried to calm his screaming boyfriend down. Yeah Yoongi had just scared himself, so what. Sue him.

 

Yoongi continued to lead them down the hallway, taking tiny steps and fully inspecting his surrounds (or as well as he could in the darkness). Hoseok’s intense whimpering was really getting to him. How dare the darkness make Hoseok scared!!! Yoongi was ready to fight anything that made Hoseok afraid.

 

They had made it halfway through the hallway without any jump scares happening. Yoongi started to relax a bit. This isn’t that bad, he thought to himself.

 

Of course, he spoke to soon.

 

A shadowy figure emerged from the side with a loud yell. Neither man was prepared for that, or what would come next.

 

With a loud yell, Yoongi’s fist automatically jerked and ended up hitting the ghost square in the face. You really can’t blame him! It was his fight or flight responses kicking in!

 

Both men turned to each other in complete shock. It was clear they were thinking the same thing:

 

Oh my god. Yoongi just punched a ghost.

 

“YOONGI!!! YOU CAN’T JUST PUNCH THE GHOSTS!!!” Hoseok screamed anxiously as he tried to stop Yoongi’s fists from hitting the worker again.

 

“Sorry!! It’s just a force of habit,” Yoongi tried to apologize, although he still had his fists up, ready to square up against the ghost if he had to.

 

“WHO PUNCHES THINGS WHEN THEY’RE SCARED!!!!”

 

“NORMAL PEOPLE!!!”

 

“Tell your boss that I’m suing,” the haunted house employee angrily told the bickering couple as he got up from the floor, effectively silencing their argument. Yoongi and Hoseok just turned to each other and gave each other frightened glances that definitely read OMG HE’S GOING TO SUE!!! After their silent freakout, they turned back to the ghost, trying to act calm.

 

“Well that’s rude,” Hoseok muttered, obviously offended that the employee would even think to go that far. How dare they try to take his Yoongi to court!!!

 

“I think you’re exaggerating here. I didn’t even hit you that hard!” Yoongi complained angrily. The pair continued to argue with the ghost, trying to save Yoongi’s from an impending lawsuit.

 

Namjoon just sighed worriedly as he listened to their staticky voices pour in through the audio equipment. Looks like the company would be getting sued after all.

 

******************************************

 

“Everyone come gather around. It’s time to announce the winner of this year’s costume contest,” Namjoon announced as he clinked a fork against his cup, trying to get everyone’s attention.

 

People sluggishly started to make their way towards him, while still talking to their friends. It was much too slow for Seokjin’s liking. He started to clap his hands, trying to rush everybody.

 

“Come on!!! Chop chop!!! I want to hear who the winner is!” Seokjin complained. He was really hoping he won this costume contest, because come on, who didn’t like fluffy alpacas. Plus, his handsome face really tied the whole outfit together.

 

“Hey Malfoy!! Are you ready to win to win this contest?” Hoseok asked Yoongi as he wrapped his scarf around the both of them, bringing them closer to each other.

 

“Of course POTTA!! You know I don’t like losing,” Yoongi replied back with a smirk, before he pecked Hoseok’s nose. They both flushed a bit before turning their attention towards Namjoon at the front.

 

“I’m not gonna lie, there were lots of good outfits this year. I also need to commend everybody for really sticking to their roles, like wow, that takes intense dedication,” Namjoon began.

 

“YEOGI BUTERA!!!” Seungri yelled out from the crowd as a way a showing his appreciation for Namjoon’s complement. At this point in the day, that was all that was coming out of Seungri’s mouth. It was kind of like Groot from Guardians of the GalaxyTM, you could figure out what he was saying through the inflection of his voice. It was quite unnecessary if you thought about it, but hey, that’s Seungri.

 

“Yeah yeogi butera indeed. Like I was saying, it was really hard deciding the winner, but I think I finally did it. Now the winner of the costume contest really embodies the whole idea of Halloween, you know, becoming something you’re not. Like going as far as to embodying the exact opposite of what you are. You already know who it is guys. Come on down ………….. Joonmyun!!!”

 

The other employees began to clap happily for Joonmyun (well except for Yoongi and Kibum), seemingly content with the winner. Because Namjoon was right— Joonmyun really went above and beyond trying to impersonate something he clearly wasn’t. I mean come on, you had to admit, Joonmyun looks nothing like Suho.

 

Joonmyun’s feet stayed glued to the floor, refusing to go and accept the award. The nerve of this office!!!!! It wasn’t his imagination!!! He really did look like Suho!!!!

 

Completely oblivious to the situation, Namjoon just walked the award over to Joonmyun, under the belief that Joonmyun was frozen in shock, not anger.

 

“Hey Seokjin, take his picture,” Namjoon said as he forcefully pushed the award into Joonmyun’s hand. It was really proving to be a struggle— he really didn’t want it.

 

“Got it! This is going on the office wall tomorrow!” Seokjin exclaimed in innocent happiness to everybody’s cheers. Joonmyun just began to shake in anger. How dare they insult him like this??!!

 

“I quit,” he whispered angrily, finally exploding.

 

There was a brief silence as everyone took in what Joonmyun said, before they all burst out laughing.

 

“Oh man Joonmyun, you’ve always been such a comedian.”