Casual Friday

Seoul Paper Company

“YOU GUYS ARE MY... EVERYTHING!!!!”

“Someone PLEASE put tape around his mouth. If I hear that one more time I am quitting,” Seokjin fumed to the entire office angrily.

“Seungri, if you don’t stop, I’ll be forced to ban Casual Friday’s from the office,” Namjoon wearily sighed as he rubbed his temples.

“But you guys ARE my everything,“ Seungri responded with a pout as he dragged his hand against his shirt. The black lettering of the word ‘Everything’ stood out against the bright white of the shirt with the ‘very’ in ‘Everything’ circled. This cursed shirt was the bane of everyone’s existence.

“Fine, I’ll stop. You guys are no fun.” The office collectively exhaled in relief.

“Speaking of Casual Friday, we obviously need to have another office meeting discussing the appropriate attire allowed for this day, looking at what some of you are wearing,” Namjoon interjected as he looked at two people in particular.

“Please call us out by name if you plan to throw shade Namjoon-ssi,” Jackson yelled out as he sent a glare at his boss.

“I’m pretty sure Casual Friday’s were made so that we could feel comfortable at work. So, I don’t really see what’s wrong with our choice of outfit,” Moonbyul retaliated as she high-fived Jackson.

“You are supposed to feel comfortable, but that doesn’t mean show up in Snuggies! We have a reputation to maintain!”

The Snuggie duo looked at each other as they contemplated alternatives. “What if we buy the zebra stripped Snuggies? Those just scream classy to me” Jackson responded as Moonbyul nodded in appreciation of his idea.

“I think I saw one that was supposed to mimic a mermaid’s tail. Mermaids are really cute and are like the royalty of the sea, which naturally means they’re classy, so I could totally buy them for you if I ever see them in stores,” Luna shyly called out from her desk with her hand raised.

“Luna, you angel. What would we do without you. Thank you for helping keep the Snuggie duo alive,” Moonbyul replied in relief as she ran up to give Luna a quick hug, and subsequently tried to detangle herself from Luna’s large scarf and oversized sweater.

“Namjoon-ssi, do our future wardrobe decisions fit the dress attire now?” Jackson called out.

“Uuuummmmmm, I was kind of going for anything that wasn’t Snuggie related, but since you guys seem dedicated, I guess it’s okay,” Namjoon meekly responded as he headed back to the safety of his office.

Besides these two, everyone else seemed to understand the dress code. At his desk, Yoongi attempted to figure out how to type on his computer with the sweater paws his oversized cardigan created. Yoongi also attempted not to look over every five seconds and gawk at Hoseok who had decided to come dressed in street clothes. From the stylish pants to the designer sweatshirt, Hoseok looked like a full meal.

This boy belongs in an idol group, not at a paper company. Bucket hats was made just for him. Is it getting warmer in here or what?, Yoongi thought to himself as he glanced over at his desk mate once again.

Yoongi’s thoughts were interrupted by Hoseok’s worried voice, “Are you sick hyung? You look really red.”

“Errr, no, but I’ll just go to the break room to get some water to cool down. Thanks for your concern though.” Yoongi replied as he quickly scurried over to the break room in embarrassment.

“Kibum, you know it’s supposed to be Casual Friday, right?” Minho inquired as he eyed his deskmate’s outfit.

“Of course I do! That’s why I’m wearing my casual Gucci tee and not my typical Versace suit,” Kibum responded slowly as if talking to a child.

“Right... Silly me.”

“Maybe you should take some notes,” Kibum said as he eyed Minho’s clothes distastefully. “You would never catch me in a tracksuit. Well, at least its Adidas,” he shrugged.

Kibum stopped his fashion attack on Minho and looked across the office at Taemin and Taehyung who were hyping each other up over their outfits. A giant sigh left his lips as his face screwed up in contemplation. He looked over at Minho who paid him no attention and loudly sighed again.

Minho, used to Kibum’s dramatic antics, knew that was his cue to ask what was wrong.

“What’s wrong Kibum?” Minho annoyedly asked as he slammed his pencil down and turned towards Kibum with an irritated expression on his face.

“Well, since you’ve asked… I just don’t know what to think about Taemin and Taehyung’s outfits. I mean they both look pretty good overall—totally rocking the airport fashion is you ask me—but those SHOES! What were they thinking?” Kibum shouted out as he focused on their shoes.

Minho looked over and gave Taemin a quick (maybe not so quick because the boy looked good) one-over before focusing on his feet. Minho’s eyes went wide as he saw them. The perpetrators. Those disgusting slippers with fur on the soles.

“I know they’re Gucci, but they’re ugly. She’s just ugly!” Kibum’s shout knocked Minho out of his disgusted trance.

“You guys are my EVERYTHING!”

“OH MY GOD it hasn’t even been 20 minutes yet Seungri!!!”

Back in the break room, Yoongi had made some passion fruit tea to calm himself down. As he bobbed the teabag up and down in the cup, the door opened and Jungkook came inside.

Yoongi tossed him a glance before scoffing, “Of course you would wear that.”

Jungkook, dressed in a plain white t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, Timbs, and a simple red beanie, was taken back by his remark. “What’s that supposed to mean hyung?” he asked worriedly.

“Just that you look like a..,” Yoongi paused and exhaled, not wanting to hurt the boy’s feelings,” Nothing. You look fine. Why did you come in here anyways?”

“Well, I saw you speed walk into here, so I knew something must be wrong with you. And seeing as how you made passionfruit tea to calm your nerves, my fears have been confirmed,” Jungkook responded with a smile, in an attempt to mask his concern.

Their friendship was an unlikely one. When the younger boy first got a job in the office, he annoyed Yoongi to no end. It wasn’t until they had to be paired up for a project that Yoongi realized how similar they truly were. Jungkook had left home at a young age and struggled to fit in such a large city, much like Yoongi had when he first moved to Seoul. Plus, their personalities complemented each other. Yoongi’s parental instincts ultimately kicked in and he was the one who suggested the two move in together. Since then, they had been inseparable.  

“Hoseok looks really good today and I can’t focus on my work,” Yoongi groaned as if it was the end of the world.

“That’s it!? I was genuinely thought something serious had happened!”

“Wait there’s more! He caught me staring at him and I started to blush like crazy, so he asked me if I was sick! I just ran out of there and oh my god he probably thinks I’m weird. He’s never going to talk to me again!” Yoongi yelled out while he flailed his arms dramatically.

“Hyung that’s hilarious! You’ve just made my day. But in all honesty, you should just confess your feelings to Hoseok already. I mean you’re not getting any younger,” Jungkook called out as he bought a snack from the vending machine.

“Watch your mouth kid,” Yoongi warned, ”Don’t talk to me about my love life when you still haven’t sorted out yours. Speaking of which, have you made any moves yet?”

“I told you, this is a gradual thing. Plus, I’m following the Kdrama formula for love which, as you know, is foolproof. Phase 1: you’ve got to get him to hate you, like really hate you. Phase 2: you get his friend to made him believe that the extreme hate he feels is actually love. You know, cast some doubt. And lastly, Phase 3: you like save his life a few times and do some romantic things and BOOM you’re together,” Jungkook recited as he counted the steps on his fingers.

“...We are officially getting rid of the TV,” Yoongi sighed as Jungkook sang out “ALMMMOOOOST PAAAARRRADISE!!!”

“You should really rethink your plan. I don’t think it’s working on Jimin. You’re really stuck in Phase 1... like he actually hates you, and I don’t think he’s ever going to stop hating you if you don’t change strategies,” Yoongi remarked as he took sips of tea from his cup.

“But hyung LOVE ISSSSS THE MOMENT!!!”

“You better stop shouting, but yeah I really think you should start being nice instead since you appear to be going nowhere currently,” Yoongi said as he glared at the younger boy.

“I’ll think about it, but you should definitely take your own advice since you’re such a love guru or whatever. Thanks for the pep talk hyung, I can always trust you to STAND BY ME!! Okay I’m actually done now” Jungkook called out as he headed back to his desk before Yoongi could hit him.

Jimin had finally arrived to work during the time that Jungkook was speaking with Yoongi in the break room. As he made his way to his desk, Taehyung had to look twice to make sure he knew what he was looking at.

“Wow, I literally thought you were Jungkook for a second! I was so ready to yell at him for sitting at your desk,” Taehyung explained as he looked at Jimin with his eyes and mouth wide in shock.

Jimin had somehow managed to put together the exact same outfit Jungkook was currently wearing: a plain white t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and Timbs. He even managed to match the red beanie.

“It’s really creepy how you look just like him! How did you even figure out how he dresses like outside of work?” Taehyung inquired to his best friend.

“Well, I just stalked his Instagram a bit to see what his style is like,” Jimin rambled, “Plus it’s super obvious that he would dress like a boi.”

“When you were stalking his Instagram, did you happen to see something you like,” Taehyung asked suggestively with a knowing smile on his face and a few wiggles of his eyebrows.

“Just a good-looking brother whose number I need...what exactly are you trying to imply here Tae,” Jimin responded suspiciously.  

“Nothing at all,” Taehyung said innocently as he returned back to work. Jimin narrowed his eyes at his friend but eventually let the subject drop.

Just then, Jungkook returned to his desk. It took him a few moments to notice something was up with Jimin. But then it clicked.

“WHY ARE YOU DRESSED LIKE ME?” Jungkook yelled at Jimin.

“The better question is why are you dressed like me? Boy, I could really go for some lamb skewers right now,” Jimin shot back without missing a beat.

“Identity theft is not a joke Jimin! Millions of families suffer every year!” Jungkook seriously responded to Jimin’s imitation.

“I’m an international playboy! DinG dOnG!!” Jimin jokingly mimicked.

“STOP COPYING ME!!” Jungkook roared in anger.

“PARDON! I know face but I don’t know name.”

“NAMJOON!” Jungkook shouted as he got up from his desk and headed towards Namjoon’s office.

“NAMJOON!” Jimin echoed as he followed Jungkook into the office.

Namjoon looked at the fuming Jungkook and smug Jimin sitting before his desk. Namjoon had to admit, the scene those two had made was kind of funny. Not that he had been listening or anything, he was a busy man with no time for distractions of course.

“Look you two really need to reconcile your differences. Jungkook, stop yelling at Jimin. Jimin, please stop mimicking Jungkook. Good? Alright, go back to work,” Namjoon tiredly reprimanded to two.

“But Namjoon,” Jungkook tried to interject.

“No buts, and that’s hyung to you. I don’t know why you only use formal language with Yoongi-ssi. Now go back to work,” Namjoon cut him off.

The pair nodded before getting up. As they headed out the door, Namjoon raised his hand to Jimin as a silent complement to his prank, which went unnoticed by Jungkook. Jimin grinned back at him as he returned the high-five.  

Things appeared to quiet down between the two, but in reality, the pair was engaged in a silent staring match. Taehyung, used to this behavior, rolled his eyes and ignored the two as he answered phone calls from his customers. These two are so oblivious, he thought to himself before going back to work.

Jungkook was the first to break the silence,” Shouldn’t you change? I feel really offended by your attempt to copy me.”

“You feel offended? I should do this every day then,” Jimin smugly called out as he pretended to do some work.

Just then, Creed strolled into the office wearing the same outfit as both Jungkook and Jimin, with the addition of a skateboard held behind his back.

“Wow, you two totally know what the hip kids are wearing nowadays. Did you steal your outfit ideas from me or something? Feels good to be young again my broskis. Well, later sk8trs,” Creed said as he walked past the arguing pair.

Jungkook and Jimin stared at the old man who just passed by them before sharing a disgusted glance with each other.

“I’m going to go change,” Jimin said, nauseated with what had just happened. He got up from his desk and headed out of the office.

“You guys are my EVERYTHING!!”

Exasperated sighs and yells of anger filled the office once again.