The Army's

Seoul Paper Company

“Congratulations! You are cordially invited to attend this year’s Army's Office Awards ceremony. If you are reading this particular invitation, then that means you have been nominated for an award,” Jungkook read off the gold invitation Namjoon had just handed him.

 

“WOOHOO! I’ve been nominated for an award!” Taehyung shouted out before breaking out into his signature boxy grin.

 

He did a cute little dance in his chair in excitement, before running up to Namjoon and giving him a hug for nominating him. Namjoon happily returned the hug, because honestly, who could deny Taehyung’s cuteness? Seokjin just squealed at the sight before quickly whipping out his phone to take a picture.

 

“Prepare your losing speeches guys. You already know I’m taking home the most awards,” Minho arrogantly declared to the other employees who promptly rolled their eyes at his behavior.

 

“Judging by the fact that everybody got the same card, I’m guessing we all get at least one award. What’s with all this fairness— this is supposed to be a competition Namjoon,” Kibum complained after going around the office and reading everybody's invitation.

 

“Ummm no, it’s not a competition at all. It’s just supposed to be a fun little way to reward you guys for everything that you do (or rather everything that you should be doing),” Namjoon replied back, obviously distressed at how Minho and Kibum were ready to turn everything into a competition. He shook his head in disappointment— if only they used this competitiveness to get some work done around here.

 

“Make sure you guys remember to dress appropriately tonight. This is an awards show, so I won’t tolerate casual outfits,” Seokjin not so discreetly glared at Jackson and Moonbyul as he said this.

 

“Why is he acting like this is the Golden Disk Awards? It’s literally just the Army's,” Jackson whispered to Seungri, obviously not fond at being called out like that.

 

“You know it’s because Namjoon runs the whole thing. He literally spends so much time trying to make this fun for everyone. Seokjin’s just supporting his bae,” Luna tried to defend Seokjin.

 

“Hmm, I guess you’re right. I’ll let it pass this one time— you know because they’re couple goals,” Jackson shrugged back as everyone nodded in agreement. Nobody could deny it, Namjoon and Seokjin were indeed the definition of couple goals.

 

“Did someone say couple goals? If you guys are going to talk about me and Jimin like that, you at least have to include us in the conversation,” Jungkook butted in as Jimin nodded seriously beside him.

 

Kibum let out a loud, cynical scoff. All the other employees simultaneously rolled their eyes at Jungkook’s statement, before returning back to their work.

 

Minho, who had been too busy staring at Taemin, failed to pay any attention to what Jungkook had said. You know that if Minho was paying attention, he would have gone on about how him and Taemin were the true couple goals...even though they still weren’t officially dating.

 

But he was going to try to change that, Minho thought to himself as he got up from his desk and made his way towards the receptionist desk. The Army's was the perfect place to take Taemin out on a first date and there was no way he was going to let anybody else ask out Taemin to the awards (not that anybody would ever take that risk. Minho was a scary guy). Plus, it was a known fact that the Army's was a couple hotspot, making it the perfect setting for the two.

 

MInho took a deep breath before reaching the receptionist desk. He gave Taemin a quick wave to catch his attention. Taemin, who was currently talking to a customer on the phone, gave him a shy smile in response, acknowledging his presence.

 

“Okay, have a great day,” Taemin finished up the call before putting the phone down and giving Minho his undivided attention. All the confidence Minho had suddenly disappeared, leaving him with a dry throat and sweaty palms. They silently stared at each other for a moment, neither one sure what to say. The unwritten tension from the Office Olympics was still very much present between them. Damn you Kibum.

 

“Taemin, do you want to go to the Army's with me?” Minho quickly muttered out, officially breaking the silence. He held his breath while he waited for Taemin’s answer. This was it. It was finally happening.

 

A brief look of shock passed across Taemin’s face before he fully comprehended exactly what had just happened and his cheeks began to burn. Minho (HIS CRUSH!!!) had just asked him out, and Kibum wasn’t around to ruin it.

 

“Not as friends?” Taemin questioned with a large smile on his face. He had to make sure there wasn’t any confusion between them.

 

“No, not as friends,” Minho confirmed, his heart jumping out of his chest. Taemin just about died from the compassionate look Minho was giving him.

 

“Then yes, I would love to go with you.”

 

It was impossible to say who looked happier, Minho or Taemin. Maybe it was Luna and Seokjin who were squealing in delight as they watched the scene unfold before them. Hyungwon quietly handed Luna a tissue to wipe away the tears that had suddenly appeared at her eyes. Who could blame her, those two were cute together.

 

“About time! After nobody made a move at the Office Olympics, I thought you guys would never get together,” Kibum groaned out, completely ruining the mood. He seemed to have forgotten that Taemin had made a move, and that he ruined it.

 

Taemin had to forcefully grab Minho’s hand to stop him from getting into a fight with Kibum.

 

Yoongi watched the entire scene in jealousy. Minho and Taemin were finally together, yet he hadn’t made any headway with Hoseok. In fact, they seemed to be going backwards.

 

Since the Office Olympics, Hoseok had been acting as if nothing had changed between them— like he hadn’t completely rejected Yoongi. Hoseok still greeted him in the morning and ate lunch with him and their friends, but the awkward air around them made it clear that everything was indeed NOT OKAY. Hoseok went to all costs to avoid being alone with Yoongi, always coming up with some excuse to get away.

 

Yoongi wasn’t going to lie, Hoseok’s rejection had completely crushed him, but having him around was better than nothing. So Yoongi complied with the situation Hoseok had set up, pretending that nothing had changed, when in reality, everything had.

 

“Are you going to the Army's tonight?” Yoongi asked, trying to strike up some conversation. He had always dreamed about going to the Army's with Hoseok as a couple, but that didn’t seem possible this year.

 

“Of course, I asked Jimin to save us some spots,” Hoseok responded back, not even meeting his eyes.

 

“That’s good. See you there,” Yoongi tried to smile back convincingly before going back to his work. His heart shattered. Of course they would be going as a group, Hoseok couldn’t stand being alone with him.

 

No, things between them were not good at all.

 

            *******************************************

“Jungkook, I really don’t want to be here. I’m just going to head back home,” Yoongi explained dejectedly to his friend as he tried to escape back to the car. But Jungkook was not having it. He grabbed onto Yoongi’s wrist and forcefully pulled him into the restaurant, all the while Yoongi shouted out a string of curses.

 

“Look man, you and Hoseok need to fix whatever happened between you guys. Jimin’s been feeling super stressed out because Hoseok’s been moping around and I hate seeing Jimin like that.” Jungkook admitted as they chose a table at the front to sit at, “But most importantly, I hate seeing you hurt like this.”

 

Yoongi couldn’t lie, his heart swelled at the concern Jungkook had for him. He truly was lucky to have someone like Jungkook by his side. It made him want to just cry out all his emotions to his friend, just let it all out. But he couldn’t do that, because Jimin and Taehyung had just arrived and Yoongi was not going to make a fool out of himself in front of them. No sir.

 

Taehyung had immediately beelined towards Seokjin and Namjoon who were setting everything up, probably going to annoy them. Jimin slipped into the seat next to Jungkook and gave him a quick peck on the cheek as a hello. Yoongi decided it was time to look away once Jungkook began to attack Jimin’s face with kisses. That boy needed to learn how to control himself when they were in public.

 

At that moment, Hoseok had arrived. “Over here Hoseok-hyung,” Jimin pulled himself away from Jungkook and waved the other man over. Jungkook pouted at the lack of attention.

 

Yoongi felt a giant lump form in his throat as he stared at Hoseok and his perfectness. With his hair all styled and that black suit that fit just right, it should have been a sin to look that handsome. All of it reminded Yoongi how Hoseok would never be his. He looked away with a pang in his heart. Was it too early to be drinking?

 

Hoseok made his way over to the group table but immediately froze once he saw Yoongi. He tried to sit in the empty seat next to Jimin and away from Yoongi, but Taehyung quickly sat in the seat before Hoseok could.

 

“Sorry man but this seat is mine. This spot gives me the perfect access to accept my award,” Taehyung explained nonchalantly. But the nod he gave to Yoongi explained his ulterior motives. Yoongi just shot him a thankful look back, glad that everyone was helping him out.

 

“Oh, okay. That’s fine, I’ll just sit next to Yoongi,” Hoseok tried to act as if he was fine with the idea of sitting next to Yoongi. He gave a small wave to Yoongi in hello before completely turning away from him and trying to engage Jimin in some conversation. Yoongi let out a deep sigh. It was going to be a long night.

 

            *******************************************

 

“Hello and welcome to this year’s Army's awards!” Seokjin yelled into the mic the restaurant had provided them with.

 

Everyone let out a giant whoop to show their appreciation. Jackson went a bit overboard and began stomping his feet loudly. The owner of the restaurant immediately shot him a glare for being so rowdy.

 

“We’re glad you could join us tonight! Hopefully the night is one to remember,” Namjoon joined in as the other MC for the event. He really was just in charge of reigning everybody in, making sure they didn’t get kicked out of the restaurant. It was honestly a challenge what with his hyperactive boyfriend and his weird coworkers.

 

“Let’s get things started! The first award of the night is definitely the most important one,” Seokjin informed the audience, ”It’s of course the Dispatch Award, given to the best couple in the office.” Jungkook excitedly turned towards Jimin. This award was meant for them.

 

“The couple that gets this award is the cutest, most adorable couple and everyone gets jealous of how perfect they are,” Namjoon further explained. Jimin grabbed Jungkook’s hand in anticipation, because like duh, they were the cutest thing around. Little did they know that Minho and Taemin were having the same thoughts run through their heads. This award is ours, both couples thought.

 

“And the Dispatch Award goes to…..,” Seokjin tried to build up the anticipation as he pulled open the envelope that held the recipients of the award,” Wow! Would you look at that! It’s me and Namjoon!”

 

“I can’t believe we’ve won this five years in a row,” Namjoon exclaimed in (very fake) shock as he gave Seokjin a giant kiss in congratulations. Luna gave them a very enthusiastic round of applause from her spot in the audience. But she seemed to be one of the few who were happy with the winners.

 

Jungkook and Minho were not pleased at all, and they immediately voiced their protests.

 

“THIS IS RIGGED!!!”

 

“ME AND TAEMIN ARE OBVIOUSLY THE CUTEST!!”

 

“I think you mean me and Jungkook are the cutest,” Jimin scoffed out offendedly as he swiveled around in his seat to face the man. He really didn’t understand the nonsense coming out of Minho’s mouth.

 

“Hmm, wow that’s weird Jimin, you seem to be really confused,” Taemin shot back with a fake smile. His eyes, however, were shooting daggers at Jimin. It was turning into a full out war of words here.

 

“Umm, well none of you guys are engaged, so I guess you can’t compare with us,” Namjoon put an end to the argument smugly. Seokjin just looked over at his man in complete adoration. He loved it when Namjoon got like this.

 

Everyone “ohhhed” at that comment, completely living for this sudden change in Namjoon’s personality.

 

“You got burned!” Jackson yelled at the Jikook and 2min couples, who sat fuming in their seats.

 

“Namjin for the win!” Seokjin yelled out as he high-fived his man.

 

“Just give me the strongest thing you have,” Yoongi called out to the waiter. After what had just happened, there was no way he could survive this night sober. And it was only the first award…..

 

            ****************************************

“The next award is the… SHOW ME THE MONEY AWARD,” Seokjin and Namjoon dramatically announced.

 

“Oh boy, that’s a new one. I bet I’m going to get it,” Moonbyul whispered to Seungri.

 

“That’s correct Moonbyul! This is a new award that we came up with specifically for this year.”

 

“The Show Me the Money Award is going to go to the person that is the best rapper in the office,” Namjoon explained. Everyone was honestly confused at this because they were office workers, not underground rappers. (“Is this for real?” Kibum questioned).

 

Despite the fact that they didn’t understand this award, everyone was still secretly hoping they would win it, especially Taehyung. He was practically bouncing up and down in his chair in excitement. If he won, Taehyung was definitely going to do a freestyle rap as his acceptance speech.

 

“And the winner is…,” Taehyung held his breath as Seokjin purposely took an extra long pause,” ...Yoongi!” Taehyung immediately let it out. Damn.

 

Yoongi just sat there in shock as Jungkook patted him on the back excitedly. He hesitantly got up from his seat and headed to the stage. “Wow, I really didn’t expect that. How did you guys even know that I rap?”

 

Seokjin and Namjoon just gave him a hardcore judging look. Was he really going to be like this?

 

“Are you seriously going to act as if you didn’t send us the link to your mixtape in an email?” Namjoon said judgmentally, shooting right through Yoongi’s facade.

 

“That was uuhh an a-accident,” Yoongi grumbled awkwardly, trying to protect his image. Jungkook and Jimin were about to fall off their seats in laughter at Yoongi’s embarrassment at being caught. Although Hoseok had a small smile on his face, he was purposely looking away from Yoongi. Yoongi immediately deflated.

 

“Sure it was AGUST D!” Seokjin scoffed out. The other employees began to laugh at him as well.

 

“I have to say that the beat you chose for ‘Give it to Me’ really had that artistic flair that made the mixtape shine in a unique fashion,” Minho seriously assessed the mixtape as though he were a music critic. The employees all stopped laughing and looked at him bizarrely. What was he talking about?

 

“Dibidibidis my name is Minho, you literally have no right to say that. What do you know about rap?” Kibum savagely attacked him. (“Hahaha, I totally remember that!” Taemin snickered).

 

“OH MY GOD KIBUM!!! I was literally drunk when that happened!! I told you to never tell anybody about that!”

 

“Okay rap god Minho,” Kibum scoffed out. Minho paid him no attention seeing as he was too busy looking at Taemin (who was dying with laughter) with a betrayed expression on his face.

 

“Alright, enough of that. Time for the next award!” Seokjin tried to garner everyone’s attention again as Yoongi sadly made his way back to his seat.

 

“This award is a very prestigious one and it’s going to somebody who always looks fuc— (“Seokjin!!!”)— FINE! Somebody who always looks like a snack! It’s the Best Dressed Award!”

 

Taehyung and Kibum immediately straightened up in their seats. Taehyung fixed his bowtie, while Kibum ran a hand through his hair, trying to get that effortless look for when he accepted his award.

 

“There was really nobody else who it could have gone to. Come on down and accept your award Hyungwon,” Namjoon announced.

 

Hyungwon kept his typical impassive expression as he headed towards the stage. Although he really wasn’t trying, Hyungwon somehow managed to walk up to the stage as if he were on a runway. He quickly accepted his award before returning back to his spot. Luna gave him a big hug in congratulations as soon as he sat down.

 

“I can’t believe I bought the newest collection of Gucci for this humiliation,” Taehyung bitterly muttered as he eyed Hyungwon with envy. Jimin just patted him on the back in an attempt to calm him down.

 

“You’re telling me I went to the Versace store early in the morning for this!” Kibum complained, equally as annoyed.

 

Meanwhile, Yoongi was trying hard to catch Hoseok’s attention, which seemed pretty futile seeing as how the man was determined not to converse with him.

 

Yoongi gave up with a sigh and signaled the waiter to send another drink his way.

 

            *******************************************

The Army's were already halfway completed, and it was just as Kibum had guessed— it looked like everyone was going to get an award tonight.

 

Jackson had won the Casual Monday-Friday Award, which he accepted with pride. Moonbyul had stood up to earnestly salute her fellow Snuggie buddy, which Jackson gladly returned.

 

Creed had won the It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere Award, for being the most eager to quick working. Seungri had won the Business Mogul Army for amassing his real estate empire (“I have no idea how you do it. I literally do not pay you that much”). Joonmyun had won the Loch Ness Army, for being the least likely to be found at his desk (“But I’m always there!” “Sure you are Joonmyun”).

 

Minho had won the Most Competitive Army, obviously (“THIS IS A LOAD OF BULLSH-- “ “JUNGKOOK!!”). Kibum received the Tea Spiller Army, for knowing the hot gossip at all times, which he proudly accepted (“Just remember, if you get on my bad side, I’ll spill all your secrets.”). And Taemin had won the Selective Hearing Impairment Army, for only listening in when it was convenient (“I really don’t understand how you never heard Minho confess his love for you. He literally had a mental breakdown every single day at work.” “You did? That’s so sweet!”).

 

Jungkook and Jimin had won the Dynamic Duo Army for their efforts at always keeping the office entertaining, even if they really didn’t intend to (“That whole enemies to lover trope really had me shaking in my boots. I thought you would never get together.” “You’re telling me. It was like a real life Kdrama right before my eyes.”).

 

Yoongi had lost interest shortly after he had won his Army and had been busy trying to drink his sorrows away. Unfortunately for him, Namjoon had given clear instructions to the restaurant to not give him any alcohol (he really didn’t trust mopey Yoongi with alcohol), meaning that he was being given non-alcoholic beverages this entire time. Damn you Kim Namjoon.

 

Well if Namjoon was going to prevent him drinking, Yoongi decided that putting all his drinks on Namjoon’s tab only seemed fair. He took another sip of his drink as he watched Seokjin present the next award.

 

“This next award is for the purest cinnamon bun in the office. The person who always makes us laugh and constantly has a smile on their face. It’s the Sunflower Army!” Seokjin happily introduced the next award. Yoongi immediately sat up in his seat. This award definitely belongs to Hoseok!

 

Everyone else at their table seemed to think so as well. “This award is definitely yours man,” Jimin told Hoseok, who was looking abashed at how everybody seemed to think this is his award.

 

 Yoongi glanced over at Hoseok expectantly, waiting for Namjoon to announce his name… Only he didn’t.

 

“Congratulations Moonbyul. Come on down to accept your award,” Namjoon announced. Moonbyul enthusiastically danced her way to the stage, with her signature toothy grin plastered on her face.

 

“It’s fine guys. I really wasn’t expecting anything,” Hoseok tried to brush off his loss with a small chuckle. Yoongi, however, wasn’t going to accept this disrespect, not on his watch.

 

He proceeded to intensely glare at Namjoon and Moonbyul for this offense. How dare they make Hoseok sad!!! THESE AWARDS WERE ING RIGGED!!

 

Moonbyul just looked at him in utter confusion, not understanding why he was mad, while Namjoon stumbled at the fiery glare Yoongi was shooting him. He hurriedly introduced the next award before Yoongi got up and actually tried to kill him.

 

“This next award goes hand-in-hand with the last award and is meant for the brightest person in the office! Every time this person smiles, he blesses the entire office with a brightness equivalent to that of the sun! Congratulations Hoseok, come accept the Pocketful of Sunshine Army!”

 

Oh... my bad, Yoongi thought to himself. He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck as he shot Namjoon an apologetic look. He also made a note to buy Moonbyul a drink in apology for being so salty.

 

His eyes trailed back to Hoseok, who was accepting his award from Seokjin. Before anybody noticed, Yoongi whipped out his phone to snap a picture of Hoseok smiling next to his award. Hello new lockscreen.

 

During this whole ordeal, Taehyung was starting to get really discouraged. Everyone else was taking home some awesome award, but he hadn’t received anything yet. Did Namjoon and Seokjin forget about him? Had they accidently given him the wrong invitation?

 

“Now, we are extremely happy to announce one of our personal favorite award— it’s the Super Glue Army! This award is meant for the person who holds the entire office together. Without this person, we really don’t know what life would be like……. Taehyung, you really didn’t think we forgot about you, right?” Namjoon and Seokjin both exclaimed with a large smile on their faces.

 

Taehyung began to sadly clap for the winner, failing to notice that it was actually him who won.

 

“Tae, it’s you! You won!” Jimin shook him out of his trance. Jungkook pulled him up from his chair and pushed him towards the stage.

 

What? He actually won something? He actually won something!!!

 

Taehyung wrapped his arms around both Namjoon and Seokjin and gave them a bone crushing hug. Namjoon just laughed at his friend, completely overwhelmed by Taehyung’s adorable reaction. Seokjin gladly handed over what he considered to be one of the most important awards of the night. But hey, Taehyung really deserved it, a sentiment which all the other employees echoed.

 

“Quick, Jimin take a picture! I’m going to hang this up in my apartment!” Taehyung explained as he hooked his arms around the Namjin couple, making sure they stayed in the frame with him. He smiled brightly for the camera as everyone gave him a standing ovation.

 

“This is it everybody. The last Army of the night,” Seokjin notified everybody once they had calmed down again. The entire restaurant let out a groan in dejection— they were really enjoying the night.

 

“The last Army is the Employee of the Century Award. This award is meant for the person who works their off and is the only reason why our company is successful,” Namjoon began.

 

“It really wasn’t hard to pick the recipient, seeing as how you guys all . It’s not like anybody ever does anything around the office except for this person,” he finished his rant, voice full of salt.

 

“Wow Namjoon! Tell us how you really feel.” Jackson shouted out accusingly.

 

Seokjin pulled the mic away from Namjoon before he said something he shouldn’t have. “Come on down Luna and accept your grand prize,” Seokjin announced.

 

“Oh my god! I can’t believe I won this Army!” Luna squealed in excitement. Everyone gave her a grand round of applause as she headed up on stage. Namjoon gave her a really intense handshake, trying to show her his intense gratitude. He really was thankful to have Luna in the office. Who wasn’t though? The office would have completely fallen apart without her.

 

“That’s it everybody! Congrats to all those who won. Don’t forget to display those awards in your house, they cost us a fortune (“They literally cost ₩1000 Seokjin.”). Now go home,” Seokjin wrapped up.

 

Everyone started to gather their things and get up from their spots. Kibum downed the rest of his drink, along with Seungri and Jackson. Luna handed Hyungwon his coat and Taemin grabbed Minho’s hand, pulling him up from his seat. Before they could leave, however, Taehyung cleared his throat to make an announcement. The employees all stopped their shuffling and looked at him expectantly.

 

“After party is at my place!” Taehyung yelled out for everybody to hear. The restaurant was suddenly filled with cheers.

 

“Sweet!” “PARTY TIME!” “You’re the man bro!”

 

“Ummm, I don’t recall you telling me about this after party. You know it would only make sense to tell your roommate about it seeing as how it is also my apartment.” Jimin complaints were unfortunately drowned out by all the excitement. Jungkook merely gave him a kiss on the cheek to calm him down.

 

“There, is that better?” Jungkook questioned with a smile.

 

“I think I need one more,” Jimin replied back seriously before breaking out into a small grin. Jungkook let out a chuckle before complying with Jimin’s wish and giving him another kiss… and then another… and another.

 

“Are you guys really going to do this here?! Come on, we’re in public!” Taehyung complained as he looked on in disgust.

 

“ off Tae. This is what you get for not telling me about the party,” Jimin glared at his friend before focusing his attention back on Jungkook.

 

By this point nearly everyone had left, except for Yoongi and Hoseok who were still seated. Hoseok, not wanting to spend any time alone with Yoongi out of fear of making a mistake, hastily grabbed his things and began to follow the others.

 

But Yoongi was not having it anymore. He had enough of this awkwardness and was going to put a stop to it. Before Hoseok could leave the table, Yoongi reached out and grabbed his wrist. Hoseok looked down at the man in fear and felt his breath start to quicken. Did he know Hoseok had feelings for him and couldn’t be friends with him as a result? Was he going to finally tell Hoseok to leave him alone?

 

“Hoseok, this thing between us needs to stop,” Yoongi began quietly,” I just wanted to say…” Before he could finish, Hoseok interrupted him.

 

“No it’s okay Yoongi, you don’t have to finish. I know what you’re going to say anyways— you don’t want to be friends with someone like me, someone who likes you. I’ll stay away from you from now on. I’ll even ask Namjoon to move my desk away from you,” Hoseok dejectedly told the other man.

 

Yoongi just looked on in shock at all that was just told to him. Is that really what Hoseok thought? Wait a minute...HOSEOK LIKES ME BACK!!!! AHHHHH!!!! Of course it was just a misunderstanding. Yoongi suddenly felt the need to start laughing at this giant mess they had gotten themselves in. So he did.

 

Hoseok felt some tears beginning to gather in his eyes at Yoongi’s response. He tried hard to blink them away. Of course Yoongi would laugh at my feelings for him. There was no way Yoongi would ever like someone like me.

 

Yoongi managed to regain some sort of composure before excitedly grasping Hoseok hands in his. He took a deep breath before giving Hoseok a tender look and proceeding to give his confession.

 

“Hoseok you idiot, when I said this thing, I meant the awkwardness around us. I had no idea you had feelings for me,” Yoongi began.

 

Hoseok’s eyes widened in fear. So Yoongi hadn’t known Hoseok had feelings for him, but he did now. Good going Hoseok!, he reprimanded himself mentally. Yoongi tried to regain his attention. He needed Hoseok to pay attention to what he had to say next.

 

“Hoseok, I like you. Like really really like you. Since the beginning, you’ve treated me better than anybody else has. I know I can be a bit rough around the edges, but you weren’t afraid to give me some time to open up, and that means the world to me. So if you would finally allow me to talk without interrupting me like you did last time, I would like to officially ask you out on a date,” Yoongi finally voiced his feelings. Although he was nervous, Yoongi couldn’t stop his gummy smile from appearing.

 

“Wait a minute! You mean you like me?! And you were going to ask me out after the Office Olympics?!” Hoseok squeaked out in embarrassment. He felt the flush appear around his cheeks. OH MY GOD!!!! YOONGI LIKES ME!!

 

“Yeah I do. I believe I just said that.”

 

Oh crap, I just said that out loud.

 

“And that too,” Yoongi commented. Hoseok chose to ignore that and tried to clear up all the misconceptions.

 

“I thought you were going to tell me that we couldn’t be friends anymore because I had a crush on you. That was why I ran away after the Office Olympics— I just need to have you in my life, even if it was just as friends,” Hoseok tried to explain his side of the story.

 

It sounded really dumb now that he said it out loud. Of course Yoongi had a crush on him all this time. It explained why he always got flustered when Hoseok was around and how he had gifted Hoseok a picture of them together for his birthday. Had I really been that blind this entire time?

 

“Umm yeah, you were pretty blind. The entire office totally knew about my crush on you. But I guess I have to take some of the blame for not confessing sooner. Plus you really scared me when you totally rejected me earlier. I thought you didn’t like me back,” Yoongi continued as he rubbed the back of his neck, glad to finally lift the burden off his chest.

 

Both men felt comforted by their confessions. They were the biggest pair of fools in the world, but hey, it worked out in the end. Yoongi and Hoseok just stared at each other lovingly with giant grins on their faces.

 

“If it’s okay with you, I would love to skip out on the after party and have our first date tonight,” Yoongi finally spoke up after a while.

 

Hoseok just gave him a kiss on the cheek in reply. Yoongi felt his face start to burn up at the sudden contact.

 

“Does that answer your question?” Hoseok asked.

 

“I’m not sure. You might have to do it again,” Yoongi cheekily shot back, taking a note from Jimin’s book. Hoseok let out a small laugh as he grabbed Yoongi’s hand and pulled him out the door.