Seoul Paper Company

Seoul Paper Company

The sound of multiple phones ringing alongside the clacking of fingers against keyboards reverberated throughout the office building. The employees flipped through important documents, stared intensely at their computers, and answered phone calls.

 

“This the Seoul Paper Company, how may I help you?”

 

Although the employees at the Seoul Paper Company appeared deeply immersed in their work from afar, this was not truly the case. The seemingly productive atmosphere in the office was only a mirage for the actual happenings in the office. Does anything ever really get done at Seoul Paper Company?

 

At the entrance of the office, Taehyung, one of the sales members, was engaged in a deep conversation at the front desk with receptionist Taemin.

 

“Look man, I’m telling you that Umbrella Man definitely had something to do with the JFK assassination. Why else would he have been there with his umbrella on a SUNNY DAY?“ Taehyung shouted at Taemin.

 

“It all makes sense now. Bro, you just opened my third eye,” Taemin nodded in understanding.

 

“Just wait until I tell you the truth about the moon landing.”

 

“Taehyung, what did I say about spreading your conspiracy theories around the office,” reprimanded Seokjin, one of the HR workers, as he came through the front door. “It took me and Namjoon forever to convince Jackson that Avril Lavigne is not dead.”

 

“If she isn’t dead then why did the moles on her body suddenly change. Hmmmmm! Riddle me that Seokjin-hyung,” Taemin added.

 

“They’re not conspiracy theories hyung. It’s the truth the government wants to keep hidden. The government is trying to silence us,” Taehyung shouted back.

 

“You know what, just forget I said anything. It’s too early to be getting a migraine,” Seokjin moaned out as he rubbed his temples and headed towards his desk.

 

Across the office, multiple other conversations were taking place.

 

“So I was sitting there, barbecue sauce on my ,” Moonbyul laughed out while her desk partner Creed, the only American in the company, nodded in understanding.

“Ew, what the Moonbyul! That’s disgusting,” Seungri shouts from across the office.   

 

“No, guys I was literally just quoting a vine!”

 

“Yeah right, keep your personal life to yourself,” Jungkook yells back.

 

At the back of the office, Luna was sitting at her desk with a pair of knitting needles and a ball of pink yarn. “If you buy this special paper package I’ll even throw in a free scarf as a gift. I’m sure your son will love it. Wait, you don’t have a son, … I meant your husband, “Luna spoke into her Bluetooth earpiece.

 

“Hey Minho, are you going on a coffee run anytime soon? I’m really craving an espresso,” Hyungwon asked dully without looking away from his phone screen.

 

“Why would I go on a coffee run? I’m not an intern anymore! I was promoted a year ago and have literally been a member of the sales team since then!”

 

Hyungwon slowly paused the game on his phone and looked up at Minho with a blank stare. Seconds of awkward silence passed before Minho caved in. “So… what was your order again?” he asked timidly.

 

“Hey intern, are you going on a coffee run? I’ll have a Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato, Sugar-Free Syrup, Extra Shot, Light Ice, No Whip,” Kibum butted in as he made his way to his desk across from Minho.

 

“I will literally end you Kim Kibum!” Minho shouted as he got up from his desk and put on his coat.

 

“Hey, are you going on a coffee run? I’ll take a vanilla bean frappuccino,” Seungri shouts out from the back.

 

“I want an iced Americano!”

 

“NO! you guys. I’m not getting you anything,” Minho shouted before turning to Taemin at the receptionist desk.

“What kind of coffee did you want,” he asked Taemin sweetly.

 

“I’m not really in the mood for coffee, but I am craving some strawberry ice cream from that one store in Hongdae. You know, the one that’s 30 minutes away from here. But it’s probably too far away, so you don’t really have to go” Taemin responded back to Minho.

 

“Don’t worry about it! I’ll make sure to bring you back that ice cream,” Minho replied with a bright smile as he headed towards the exit.

 

Junmyeon walked up to the accountants’ desk area whilst reading a file. He stopped behind Yoongi’s desk and gently tapped on his shoulder to garner his attention.

 

“Hey Yoongi-ssi, I just wanted to talk to you for a quick moment.”

 

Yoongi spared him a quick glance, “What do you want?”

 

“You know I work in HR and, well… I recently received a few complaints about your harsh behavior with other employees.”

 

Yoongi completely turned away from his computer to give Junmyeon the deadliest stare he had ever received in his life. He motioned Junmyeon to come forward with his hand.

 

“Stop disturbing me and go away,” Yoongi menacingly whispered into his ear.

 

“This is exactly what I mean Yoongi-ssi. You can’t act this cold in the office… We all have to work together to make this company succeed… can you please stop glaring at me?....please don’t kill me,” Junmyeon trailed off with each sentence until he was whispering, almost completely inaudible.  

 

“What, Yoongi-hyung isn’t mean. He’s always so nice to me,” Hoseok responded to Junmyeon as he took out his earbuds. “Those complaints must be fake.”

 

Yoongi turned away from Junmyeon and instead focused on Hoseok. His glare softened immediately and a light blush dusted his cheeks.

 

“You know what, forget I said anything. I’ll just leave,” Junmyeon stated as he started to speed walk away from the pair.

 

Quick! Say something cool back, Yoongi thought to himself.

 

“Thanks for defending me Hoseok.”

 

Nailed It.

 

“That’s what friends are for,” Hoseok answered back with brightness that rivaled that of the sun.

 

Oh man, I’m in so deep. Breathe Yoongi.

 

While Yoongi had his daily mental breakdown concerning Hoseok, the other accountant, Jackson, started digging through his desk. Important documents, as well as office supplies begin to fall around his desk as he continued his search.

 

“Come on. I know it’s in here. Ahha!” Suddenly, he pulls out a loaf of bread and some ingredients and starts making a sandwich at his desk.

 

“Why the do you have at that food in your desk Jackson!” Yoongi yells at him.

 

“Just in case I get hungry or something,” Jackson nonchalantly replies with a full mouth.

 

The rest of the office stares in confusion until Taehyung breaks the silence, “Can I have one too?”

 

        ********************************************

 

“The ice cream was really good! Thanks again hyung!”

 

“It really was no problem Taemin. I was headed there anyways”

 

“Wow, what a lie, you literally were not heading there at all. You at flirting” Kibum loudly whispered over to Minho only to be met with a fierce glare.

 

“How about you actually do some work for once in your life, hmmm”

 

“I’m getting work done right now!”

 

“You are literally just browsing the Peace Minus OneTM collection.”

 

“Hey, Peace Minus OneTM, man I love GD. That man is a genius,” Seungri interjected as he passed through the arguing pair.

 

“Maybe I would get some work done if you weren’t so distracting. I mean really who sneezes that loudly! Look I know you want Taemin to notice you, but pretending to have allergies isn’t really hot,” Kibum replied with a condescending tone.

 

“You’re really getting on my nerves, I don’t know how you have friends.”

 

“AHOOO! Taemin do you love me now!” Kibum loudly yelled in an attempt to imitate Minho.

 

Minho quickly checked on Taemin who was too entranced listening to Taehyung and didn’t appear to have noticed Kibum’s outbreak.

 

“Why don’t you keep your voice down Kibum and stop being so dramatic all the damn time!”

 

“ME DRAMATIC!! Can you believe he just called me dramatic!” Kibum asked the office, but everybody seemed wise enough not pay to him any attention. Hyungwon looked up briefly before grabbing his coffee and taking a judgmental sip.

 

Kibum turned around and shouted, “PD-nim did you catch that? Rewind the footage and play it again!”

 

“Who are you talking to Kibum!” Kibum continued to argue with Minho while he walked around the office with his hands on his hips in an extremely exaggerated manner.

 

“How are we the highest rated paper company in the city? What did I ever do to deserve this?” Namjoon lamented as he watched from behind the blinds in his office as the building descend into chaos.

 

“At least the office is never boring. Plus you have me—Mr. Worldwide Handsome—by your side at all times, ” Seokjin remarks as they watch Jimin return from the restroom.

 

“Namjoon, quick! Hand me my earplugs!”

 

Feeling refreshed after going to the restroom, Jimin came back to his desk only to discover that all of his equipment had been replaced with toy versions.

 

“What the …”

 

Jimin opened up the pink Barbie computer and clicked on the giant, plastic buttons. Loud, obnoxious sounds came forth from the keys with each click. Beside the computer was a giant red phone with a face on the front and several jumbo-sized pens. His best friend Taehyung was trying to suppress his giggles.

 

“Where did my computer go! I was literally gone for less than five minutes!”

 

He looked over at Jungkook who was wearing a smug grin. Jimin opened up his mouth and let out a deafening roar.

 

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!!!!”

 

Does anything ever really get done at Seoul Paper Company?