The Wedding

Seoul Paper Company

“Hey Taehyung! Tae-hyung? Taehyung-hyung??”

 

“Are you still on that Jungkook!! Just call him hyung and be  done with it,” Seokjin irritatedly shot out as he glared at the man.

 

“Wow, looks like somebody’s nerves have made him a bridezilla,” Jungkook muttered under his breath as Jimin let out a small scoff in agreement.

 

Taehyung tried to hide his smile as he dutifully brushed off any small pieces of lint on Seokjin’s suit. He really didn’t want Seokjin to explode on him.   

 

“There you go hyung! You look like a million dollars!” Taehyung cheerfully exclaimed once he finished.

 

“Let’s be honest— when don’t I look like a million dollars?” Seokjin retorted back narcissistically as he admired his reflection in the mirror.

 

This time, nobody bothered to hide their obvious objection at his words. Jungkook took one glance at Seokjin before bursting out into laughter (“Yeah you look great now, but don’t flatter yourself. You look like a good ten dollars at best every other day”).

 

“Wow that’s harsh. I was going to say at least twenty dollars,” Taehyung added in with a smirk, playfully teasing his friend.

 

“Come on guys, cut it out” Jimin began as he gave Seokjin a comforting look. Seokjin smiled in return.. At least someone was sticking up for him.

 

Jimin walked up to him and gave him a quick pat on the back before finishing his statement, ”It’s his wedding day. He’s allowed to be a little delusional today.”

 

Seokjin immediately deflated. How could innocent little Jimin turn on him too??? It was his wedding goddamnit!!

 

“Ohh, how did I even get stuck with you guys!” Seokjin complained as he pushed Jimin away from him. Jimin gave him a look that screamed ‘How rude’ before walking off to Jungkook’s side.

 

“Well, Yoongi and Hoseok hyung beat us to the punch and declared that they were staying with Namjoon hyung, so we got stuck with you,” Taehyung started innocently as Jungkook added a snide ‘They probably knew what a hassle you were going to be’.

 

Before Seokjin and Jungkook could get into an all out fist fight there was a small knock on the door. The door opened slightly revealing Luna’s beaming face. Her pretty pink makeup and the flowers decorating her hair made her look even more angelic than usual.

 

“Sorry to interrupt, but it’s time to begin!” Luna chirped out.

 

That news was enough to turn Seokjin’s attention away from Jungkook. He began to pace around the room nervously, trying to calm down his furiously beating heart.

 

“OH MY GOD! It’s time to start! What if I trip walking down the aisle!! What if Namjoon thinks I’m ugly and doesn’t want to get married anymore!! I’M NOT READY!!!”

 

The trio immediately got up to comfort him. Despite the constant teasing, they really did care about Seokjin and were going to make sure that today was perfect.

 

“Hyung, everything’s going to be okay. You guys have been waiting for this day for a long time now and we promise that it’s going to be great!” Jimin softly said as he grabbed Seokjin’s hands in his. Jungkook and Taehyung took this as their cue to envelop Seokjin into a giant hug.

 

“Come on, we’ve got a wedding to go to,” Seokjin finally declared with a small chuckle, feeling stronger thanks to his friends. The trio let out a stream of loud cheers as they pulled him out the door.



 

Little did they know that Namjoon was also freaking out in his room.

 

“OH MY GOD! It’s time to start! What if I accidently drop the rings and lose them!! What if Seokjin thinks I’m ugly and doesn’t want to get married anymore!! I’M NOT READY!!!”

 

“Maybe we should have gone with Seokjin-hyung instead” Hoseok whispered to Yoongi as they watched Namjoon have his mental breakdown. He was currently crawled up into a ball on the couch rambling on about the most impossible of scenarios.

 

“Are you kidding me?? Seokjin-hyung is probably a million times worse” Yoongi responded with a grimace as Namjoon let out a loud yell. Even though Namjoon was being a handful, there was no doubt Seokjin was in a worse shape. I’m glad Seokjin-hyung isn’t my problem. He’s probably driving the trio up the walls.

 

“Yeah, you’re probably right” Hoseok interrupted Yoongi’s internal monologue with a shudder. He could handle Namjoon, but Seokjin was whole other entity.

 

Tired of seeing Namjoon freaking out, both men walked up to him. Yoongi grabbed Namjoon by the shoulders and forced him to sit up.

 

“Look man, Seokjin-hyung loves you and you love Seokjin-hyung. I’ve been with you guys since the start and it’s easy to see that what you guys have is true love. Now, are you going to sit here alone or are you going to go get married?” Yoongi shouted at his friend, with Hoseok furiously nodding beside him.

 

Namjoon gave them a worried look before taking a deep breath and exhaling it. A giant smile formed on his face.

 

“I’m going to get married to the love of my life!! Let’s go!” Namjoon exclaimed proudly as he ran out of the room, Yoongi and Hoseok in tow.



 

The ceremony was short and sweet, with Taehyung serving as the officiant. It made sense, seeing as how close he was to both Namjoon and Seokjin. He was the perfect man for the job.

 

And of course, they made sure to invite everyone from the office— which was probably a mistake seeing as how Jackson and Seungri were both currently letting out loud wails of happiness (“WHY ARE THEY SO PERFECT TOGETHER!!”  “IT JUST BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES”).

 

Luna was also crying somewhere in the crowd, only she wasn’t making such a scene. She was quietly sniffling into a tissue Hyungwon had passed her, smiling at the scene before her.

 

Lots of the other people watching were also getting emotional. I mean it was hard not to. The only one not crying was Kibum (“I ran out of waterproof eyeliner so don’t expect any tears from me”), but he was pretty close.

 

Namjoon had almost fainted upon seeing his fiance— no, his husband for the first time. Yoongi had to run up and make sure he didn’t fall over.

 

Seokjin was also a bundle of nerves, however, once Namjoon gave him that beautiful dimpled smile, all his fears disappeared.

 

Seokjin, unable to help himself, had given Namjoon a kiss once he had made it to the front of the aisle— which led to Taehyung scolding him (“HEY!! You can’t do that yet!!”).

 

Both men were completely entranced with the other, not paying any attention to anybody else. Or even Taehyung for that matter.

 

“Ummm guys did you hear me?? I said you can kiss,” Taehyung interjected as he waved his hand in front of their faces, trying to get their attention.

 

“Well, you don’t have to tell me twice,” Namjoon replied as he gently placed his hands on Seokjin’s face and brought him in for a kiss. The audience let out a loud round of applause and a couple of shouts for the newlyweds.

 

“What are you waiting for??!! It’s time to party!!!” Taehyung yelled out to the crowd as he ran towards the reception area, ready to have a great time. Everyone followed his lead, getting up from their seats and making their way out.

 

Everyone except Seokjin and Namjoon who were too busy in their own world, giving each other kiss after kiss after kiss. They were definately going to be a bit late to the reception, but it’s okay, the guests could wait a few minutes.



 

Back at the reception place, Jungkook and Jimin entered the grand hall. The reception hall had been a gift from Seungri. It was the crown jewel of his real estate empire and he decided to loan it for the wedding. It was the least he could do for his awesome boss.

 

“Wow, this place looks absolutely amazing,” Jimin exclaimed as he looked around the reception room in complete awe.

 

Gold chandeliers hung all across the room. Large vases of colorful flowers were placed on all the tables. Simply put, the place was beautiful. Seungri had really outdone himself.

 

“Our wedding is going to look even better,” Jungkook interjected nonchalantly as they sat down at their table.

 

Jimin immediately froze in his spot. Did Jungkook know what he was saying??!!!

 

“Wait… did you just say our wedding?” Jimin replied as he turned to look at Jungkook in complete shock.

 

“Urr... I-I-I just meant when we get married...if you wanted to get married that is… OH MY GOD It sounds like I’m proposing right now but I’m not… Unless you want me to?” Jungkook nervously stuttered out, becoming redder with each passing second.

 

“Calm down Kookie, I can see that it just slipped out of your mouth,” Jimin began, instantly causing Jungkook to relax, “and for your information, I would love to get married with you. Not now of course— we’ve only been dating for a bit— but I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, you insufferable idiot.”

 

Jimin shly looked at the ground as he confessed all of this to Jungkook, a bit embarrassed at spilling out his feelings.

 

Jungkook gently placed his hand underneath Jimin’s chin, making him meet his eyes, which were full of tenderness.

 

“I’ve been yours since the minute I first laid eyes on you. And when we’re ready, we’ll definitely get married,” Jungkook bravely confessed. Jimin’s eyes lit up in adorement, before he eagerly captured Jungkook’s lips with his own.

 

“We’ve got to make sure our wedding tops this one, so take notes,” Jimin remarked once they had pulled away. Jungkook gave him a salute and a quick ‘Yes Sir!’ before enveloping his boyfriend into a tight hug.

 

Once Namjoon and Seokjin had finally arrived, the party actually began. Taehyung was going all out on the dance floor, completely enjoying himself, and everybody else joined in for a great time.

 

After some time, Namjoon detangled himself away from Seokjin and headed up to the front to make an announcement.

 

“Alright everybody, it’s time for Seokjin to throw the bouquet!! You know what they say— whoever catches the bouquet is the next to get married!!!” Namjoon called out into the mic.

 

That got everyone’s attention. Jungkook and Minho immediately sat up in their chairs before rushing out onto the dancefloor.

 

“You want to go try our luck?” Hoseok turned to question Yoongi with a smile.

 

“Why not” Yoongi replied back with a gummy smile. He grabbed Hoseok’s hand and pulled him to the stage.

 

In no time, a large crowd had already formed on the dancefloor. All the couples, and even lots of single people, were ready to catch the bouquet.  

 

“If I catch this, do you think GD will marry me?” Seungri turned around and seriously asked Jackson, who promptly shot him a judgmental look. His love for GD is really something else!

 

Somewhere in the middle of the crowd, Minho had purposely bumped into Jungkook, causing him to stumble a bit. The competitiveness was getting to the both of them.

 

“You’re going down Jeon,” Minho said cockily as he rolled up the sleeves on his suit.

 

“As if Choi,” Jungkook shot back as he stretched out his arms, purposely flexing out his muscles for the other to see.

 

As those two glared each other down, their boyfriends sat off to the side. There was really no need for them to get up as well, Jungkook and Minho obviously had it covered.

 

“Make sure you keep your eye on the bouquet! You’re doing great sweetie!” Jimin called out lazily to Jungkook as he took a sip of his drink. What? It’s not like he had to fight for the bouquet. He deserved to relax!

 

“A little to the right babe! There you go! Perfect!” Taemin shouted out, equally as relaxed as Jimin. He had his feet propped up on Minho’s now empty seat and he leaned back to watch the show.

 

Everyone waited for Seokjin to get positioned on the stage. Once he was ready, Namjoon began to count down.

 

“THREE! TWO! ONE!!!” and on ‘one’, Seokjin released the bouquet into the crowd.

 

Seokjin turned around and watched worriedly as the crowd in front of him became a giant mess of tangled limbs. Fists were flying and loud screams were emitted from the mess in front of him. They really took this too seriously.

 

“I GOT IT!!!” both Jungkook and Minho exclaimed as they pulled themselves out of the crowd. Well obviously one of them was wrong seeing as how there was only one bouquet.

 

“Hey!!! Give me my scarf back!!” Moonbyul yelled as she yanked her scarf out of Jungkook’s hand. The smile immediately fell off of his face— in the mess, he must have accidently grabbed the scarf and thought it was the bouquet. Oops.

 

“HA! LOOKING FOR THIS JUNGKOOK!” Minho screamed out as he raised his hand up for everyone to see…

 

“My shoe!” Seungri complained as he ripped it out of Minho’s hands.

 

Jungkook and Minho shot each other confused looks. If neither of them had the bouquet, then who did?

 

“Looking for this losers?” a mocking voice called out from behind them. Jungkook and Minho both turned around, only to find a smirking Kibum holding the bouquet. Well that was unexpected.

 

“I guess I’m the next to get married! Are you gonna throw a guy too or do I have to find that one myself?” Kibum questioned Seokjin, as Minho and Jungkook exploded in anger.

 

They let out a stream of incoherent yells, which everyone promptly ignored. Jimin and Taemin had immediately turned away and hid their faces in embarrassment, trying to pretend like they didn’t know Minho and Jungkook.

 

“You know, this would look real good on my desk,” Kibum said innocently as he continued to taunt the pair.  

 

Off to the side, Hoseok was trying to cheer up a gloomy Yoongi. Neither of them had gotten the bouquet, although Yoongi had tried really hard, throwing fists at everybody who crossed his path. He really wanted to give Hoseok that bouquet, but it just didn’t happen.

 

“I’m really sorry SeokSeok. I thought I had it in my hands. I’ll totally go steal it from Kibum if you want,” Yoongi tried to apologize for failing to make his boyfriend happy. Hoseok merely rolled his eyes at Yoongi’s overreaction before enveloping him into a tight hug.

 

“Yoongs, you really don’t have to apologize for anything. This was just meant to be a fun little game. Plus, I don’t need a bouquet to tell me that we’re meant to be,” Hoseok whispered as he leaned down to press his forehead against Yoongi’s.

 

Yoongi sighed contentedly before pressing his lips against Hoseok’s. He really was lucky to have such a great boyfriend.

 

“I’m still going to steal the bouquet,” Yoongi confessed with a scheming look on his face once they had pulled apart. He grabbed Hoseok’s hand in his and gave it a small kiss.

 

“I expected nothing less of you. Quick! He’s distracted! It’s our time to move,” Hoseok smirked back as he pulled Yoongi away into the crowd.

 

“Look at our kids all grown up,” Seokjin sniffled into Namjoon’s shoulder as he watched Yoongi and Hoseok sneak towards Kibum.

 

Namjoon followed his view with a small smile on his face. He leaned his head into Seokjin’s shoulder, “I’m glad everything turned out all right with the group. But most importantly, I’m glad that we’re finally married.”

 

“Oh Joonie!! This has been the best wedding ever! And I’m really glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with you,” Seokjin confessed sweetly as he pecked Namjoon’s forehead. They both stared off into the crowd, locking their sights on the rest of their friends.

 

Taehyung was off dancing with some of Hyungwon’s friends (who Seokjin had made sure to invite after their little run in at the karaoke place). Jimin had somehow managed to stop Jungkook from killing Kibum and they were currently slow dancing, completely absorbed in each other’s presence. Yoongi and Hoseok had managed to steal the bouquet from Kibum and were making a quick getaway.

 

“Now come on! I’ve got to bless this party with my awesome dance moves,” Seokjin exclaimed as he got up from his his seat excitedly. Namjoon grabbed his hand with a loud laugh and let Seokjin lead him into the start of a wonderful new life.

 

******************************************

Things at the office had really changed since the wedding a few months ago.

 

As it turns out, Kim Creed was actually Creed Bratton, an escaped convict from Scranton, Pennsylvania (“I always knew something was up with him. He just screamed drug dealer to me!”  “Then why were you always so friendly with him Jimin!” “I can’t help it if I’m nice!!!”) . Creed had gone to Korea to escape recognition, but was ultimately caught when the Seoul Paper Company made international headlines for their record breaking sales.

 

Everyone else, however, was doing pretty great.

 

Luna had done such a great job as acting regional manager while Namjoon was off on his honeymoon that Corporate had decided to make her the manager of the Busan branch. Namjoon had completely fallen apart at the news.

 

“SHE’S THE ONLY ONE WHO WORKS AROUND HERE!!!” he sobbed out.

 

“I know Joonie,” Seokjin tried to comfort him as he rubbed small circles on his back. It wasn’t working.

 

Luna was doing a really great job at her new position too, giving the Seoul branch a run for its money. Who knows, maybe in a few years, the Busan branch would become the most successful branch in the company.

 

Kibum was working part-time as a model— thanks to Hyungwon’s contacts in the industry—  and had even made it to the cover of Korean Vogue (which he had framed on his desk). He was actually really famous— it was almost like he was made to be a model. And when he wasn’t strutting down runways or posing for photo shoots, he was sitting at his desk annoying Minho. Old habits die hard.

 

But at least he was using the money from his new job to give Minho and Taemin the most extravagant wedding ever. After all, he was the reason why they got together (“STOP SAYING YOU GOT US TOGETHER!!”  “BUT I DID!!!”).

 

And although they were busy planning their wedding, Minho and Taemin, being the good friends they were, still showed up to all the runways shows Kibum was in, sitting in the front row with their giant ‘I <3 KIBUM’ posters.

 

Hyungwon doubled as a paper salesman by day and a world renowned DJ at night. It shocked everyone when they saw him at a club one night, but really, at this point, was there anything Hyungwon didn’t do? The club was always packed whenever it was his night to DJ and the employees always made it a point to go to every show.

 

Seungri, bless his soul, had finally gotten to meet his favorite idol— G Dragon. He was able to take a picture with the man— a picture which he had blown up to immense proportions and had hung on the wall behind his desk, along with the addition of the words ‘GD IS MY EVERYTHING <3” beneath the picture.

 

Seungri also tried really hard to work his encounter into every single conversation he had.

 

“Wow that’s really funny— almost as funny as that time I met GD!”

 

“UURRRGHHH!!!!”

 

“STOP WITH THE GD STORY ALREADY!!!”

 

Jackson had surprisingly gone on to audition for JYP Entertainment and was currently preparing to debut in a group called GOT7. It made sense now why he was always researching different entertainment companies instead of doing his work (“JYP loves foreigners, so I’m definitely going to get in!!!”) . Well, he sure did have the personality and the looks to make it in the industry. The entire office planned to be there the night of his debut showcase.

 

Moonbyul, inspired by her go-to Casual Friday outfit, decided to create a line of business appropriate comfort clothing. Her clothing line was a giant hit, leading to her becoming an instant fashion icon. Luckily for her, Seungri was there to give her tips on how to start a real estate empire with her newfound income.

 

And Joonmyun… well not much had changed for him. He still went to work at a place where he wasn’t respected. Why hadn’t he quit yet? Well, the paycheck was too good to give up.

 

As he sat there in his desk, Joonmyun couldn’t help but feel disappointed. Nobody had remembered that it was his birthday. He had been waiting for the ‘Happy Birthday!’ all day long, but it hadn’t come.

 

With a small sniffle, he grabbed his things, ready to go home and cry into his pillow.

 

But as he exited his office, he was met with a large group of people holding a birthday cake.

 

“SURPRISE!!!!”  “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

 

“You really didn’t think we forgot about your birthday did you?” Kibum asked him. Everyone gathered around to give him a giant hug.

 

“Luna made sure to send her gift in the mail,” Namjoon interjected as he passed Joonmyun a giant box, which no doubt contained a giant handmade sweater.

 

Joonmyun felt tears of happiness prick his eyes. His cheeks hurt from smiling too much.

 

Maybe this place wasn’t so bad after all.

 

******************************************

After a long day at work, the group was very eager to go over to Namjin’s apartment and relax. Jungkook lazily flipped through the television channels, trying to find something enjoyable to watch. Jimin softy ran his fingers through Jungkook’s hair, whose head was in his lap.

 

Seokjin, Namjoon, and Taehyung rushed into the room carrying bowls of snacks for everybody. Yoongi was off snuggling with Hoseok on the couch, and both of them immediately cheered once the food had arrived.

 

“Hey guys check this out!” Jungkook shouted out excitedly, garnering everyone’s attention away from the snacks to the television.

 

On the screen was a group of seven men at an awards show. The had just won a Daesang— the highest award of the night. It was clear this award meant everything to them, judging by how all of them had tears streaming down their faces. It looks like their hard work had finally paid off.

 

“Wow BTS man! Can you believe it?” Jimin questioned off from the side, completely in awe of this surreal moment.  

 

“I still remember when they were just some small trainees that I used to bump into in the elevator and now they’re off winning awards and performing in the US,” Yoongi reminisced, feeling happy for the guys finally achieving their dreams. BTS had come from nothing, yet had still been able to make history.

 

“They grow up so fast,” Seokjin sobbed into a tissue that had magically appeared in his hands. Everyone couldn’t help but agree— those boys really had grown up. They all sat around in silence, feeling sentimental at the sight before them.

 

“This is great and all, but can we switch the channel now? My drama’s on right now and I need to watch the rerun of last week’s episode before the new one comes on later tonight,” Taehyung interrupted. And just like that, things were back to normal.

 

“AHHHH!!! My drama!” Seokjin squealed, completely forgetting about BTS. He also hadn’t seen the last episode and really needed to catch up. Jimin stole the remote out of Jungkook’s hands to switch it to the correct channel.

 

“This drama is my guilty pleasure man,” Yoongi confessed to Namjoon. Now Yoongi didn’t tend to like sappy dramas, he preferred really dark melodramas, but this one had him hooked.

 

Hoseok, who had head Yoongi’s confession, gave him a smug look, ”I told you it was a great show but noooo you were like ‘I don’t like cliche love stories!!!’ Well look at you now!” Yoongi just rolled his eyes before scoffing out a quick “I don’t recall ever saying that.”

 

“Bro, I know what you mean. Everytime Seokjin had it on, I couldn’t help but watch! Those plot twists really keep you on your toes!” Namjoon interjected excitedly, just as the rerun began.

 

Jungkook watched the first few scenes in confusion. He had a strange feeling of deja-vu, almost like he had seen this show before.

 

“OHHH!! I know now!! Isn’t this the episode where that guy ends up accidentally killing his younger brother,” Jungkook shouted out, relieved that he had finally figured it out. It was obvious that he wasn’t aware that he was spoiling the episode for everyone.

 

Yoongi, and surprisingly Hoseok, looked down right murderous. Seokjin had spilled his snacks in anger, and Namjoon and Taehyung were sobbing over the unexpected news of their favorite character’s death. Jimin’s face began to turn a dark shade of red as he fumed over the unexpected spoiler.

 

A resounding yell echoed throughout the apartment.

 

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!!!!!”