Drabble 6: Getaway

Three's a crowd

It was in Bali where it all started.

SM Entertainment's famed 00 line has just finished a successful, albeit tiring, unit promotion. A few months prior, the company gathered Hina, Renjun, Jeno, Donghyuck and Jaemin to discuss with them the idea of promoting as a special unit literally called The 2000s.

For months, the company noticed the positive attention the public was giving their so-called 00 line, affectionately dubbed by the fans as"The Superior Line", due to the members' combined manners, talent, wit, humor, and visuals.

Never the one to miss a good opportunity, SM gave the five millennial a chance to collaborate. It was an instant hit and the five members found themselves busy with individual, unit, and group activities. It wasn't until Hina, the sole female member of the group, almost collapsed during one of the fanmeets that the company decided to wrap-up all promotions and gave the members a much-needed travel break.

The fans were quite saddened by the news but they were more relieved that the five idols will have the opportunity to rest for a while. And so, one sunny morning in the middle of July, the five 00 liners packed their bags and flew to the tropical paradise that is Bali, Indonesia.

"I can't believe the company actually arranged a travel trip for us." Donghyuck commented as soon as they stepped out of the airport. "Where are we heading anyway?" He asked no one particular.

"Someone will pick us up." Renjun answered. "The itinerary says that we'll have breakfast first somewhere in Semi... Semin...?"

"It's Seminyak." Jeno butted in, eye-smile and all as he led a petite Hina with him in front of the group. He was carrying his luggage on one hand and was holding Hina's hand with the other.

A somehow pissed-off Jaemin shortly came into view carrying two luggage with him.

"Ya Jeno! How dare you make me carry the bags and take Hina with you!"

"Your hands are full." Jeno replied whilst taking a firmer hold of Hina's hand.

"Here Jaemin. I'll carry it." Hina said smiling as she tries to take her bag from the said man.

"No baby, it's okay." Jaemin said gently this time. "Jeno should be the one carrying this and I should be the one taking care of you."

Jeno just gave his friend his signature eye-smile before wrapping an arm  around Hina's waist and saying, "Hina's mine."

"I can take care of myself and I do not belong to anyone." Hina interjected.

"They know that Kitty but they would never just let you." Donghyuck said as a matter-of-factly.

Jeno and Jaemin was about to retort to what Hina and Donghyuck said when a friendly-looking man carrying a signboard with Renjun's name approached them.

"By chance, are any of you Mr. Huang Renjun?"

Renjun stepped forward and greeted the man before urging s to follow him. The man who introduced himself as Ketut discussed the itinerary for the day and Renjun confirmed it. He then led the group to a van where Renjun quickly took the passenger seat. Donghyuck settled himself at the back whilst the lovebirds got the middle part with Hina snuggled between Jeno and Jaemin.

"Sleep for a while, Hina. We'll wake you when we're there." Jaemin said as he slips an arm around Hina and gently takes her head to rest on his shoulder. Before sleep takes in, the girl murmurs a soft thank you to Jaemin.

Jeno watched as this unfold before him. He wants Hina to rest on him too but knew that he had his chance with her earlier. With this, he contented himself with the fact that he was still holding her hand.

It tooked almost an hour and a half before they reached their destination somewhere in Seminyak. The company nestled them in a small cozy cafe that serves healthy and good breakfast.

"What do you want to eat?" Jaemin asked Hina before giving her a gentle kiss on the side of the head.

"Smoothie bowls." Hina replied, smiling.

"Can you finish all or do you want to share?" Jeno inquired this time.

"What are you going to order? I can share. I'll eat anything." Hina answered again, the smile never leaving her face.

"Why do you always look excited when were about to eat?" Jeno asked again pinching Hina's cheek. The girl just giggled excitedly, climbed down from her stool seat, and hugged Jeno which surprised everyone. Hugs are common among them but Hina rarely initiates one -- in fact she only did once with Jaemin and it was in a much-needed circumstance.

Jeno smiled from ear to ear. He made sure to hug her as tight and gentle as he could.

"Kitty, could it be that you're choosing Jeno?" Donghyuck teased.

"No!" Hina said motioning for Jaemin too.

"You're so selfish. You're keeping them wrapped around your pretty little finger."

"It's not like Jeno and Jaemin are complaining." Renjun commented. "Anyway, how about we order the things we like from the menu and let's all share so we can taste everything?" Renjun suggested and the other four agreed.

When their food arrived, the five youngsters munched on their fair share of pancakes, waffles, and smoothie bowls. They talked about their promotions, their funny guestings on variety shows, and Hina's fainting episode which made the other four worry.

"I mean. .. I never saw you so weak Kitty. I almost had a heart attack." Donghyuck confessed. "But thanks to you, we're in Bali now." He joked earning consecutive slaps from Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun. Hina just laughed.

"By the way, there are three rooms available in the accomodation we're staying. Ive looked it up and it's called Geen Village. I think one room alone can accomodate all of us but you guys decide how we'll split it." Renjun started again. Although he's not the oldest, he was the appointed leader.

"Gong Kitty can have one room for herself." Donghyuck stated while Hina agreed.

"No." Jaemin butted in quickly.

"She rooms with us." Jeno added.

"There are no single beds in every room." Hina said.

"We'll get the king one then."

"I won't sleep with you guys in the same bed." Hina said firmly.

"You did once." Jeno said making Hina blushed.

"What?!" Haechan screamed

"Please tell me he's lying, Hina."

"We don't have a choice back then." Hina said briefly.

"Mind telling us what happened?" Donghyuck asked. It was Jaemin who explained.

"We were in Goseng for a photoshoot. We were on our way back to Seoul but our van had some problems. It was getting dark that time and manger hyung suggested that we stay in for the night. We found a nearby hotel and hyung decided to check-in. Unfortuntely, the only available room that time was a king deluxe. The bed is good for three people so Jeno and I insisted that Hina and the two of us can sleep there. Hyung was hesitant but he has no choice too so he allowed us."

"Don't tell me you ask Hina to sleep between you two?"

"We would never allow her to sleep on the side. She's a heavy sleeper. She tends to fall a lot of times."

"Why am I only being notified about this now?" Renjun said.

"No one needs to know. Manager hyung was also firm about it." Jeno said with a tone of finality