Drabble 7: Coming of Age

Three's a crowd

It was December 31st, an hour away from midnight. The air was cold, but the wind was gentle somehow.

Hina, Jeno, and Jaemin were gathered at the company building's rooftop to celebrate their coming of age -- the boys having just completed their schedule for the day.

Before proceeding to the rooftop, Jeno and Jaemin made sure to drop by the SM Rookies' dance practice room where they knew Hina will be. Training only lasts until eleven, but the boys knew all too well that their friend stays until the wee hours of the morning to practice more even though a lot of people, their trainers and seniors included, already recognized her singing, dancing, rapping, and modelling skills. At school, Hina was also known as one of the best students of the Theater and Film department.

"Hina, your debut stage is coming soon. You'll carry the chic and cool image of the group so a lot of people will definitely like you." Jaemin said.

"I hope so. And yes, the debut stage is getting near which is why you and Jeno should stop giving me all this attention." Hina replied as she tried to wiggle her way out from Jaemin who was hugging her from behind, his chin resting comfortably on Hina's right shoulder. "Your fans are still young, if they found out about this they'll get hurt."

Jeno who was sitting in front of the two was the one who answered, "What is wrong about wanting to spend some time with the girl we like?"

Hina blushed. In a hushed and shy tone, she said, "You know the answer to that already, Jeno. Plus, you and Jaemin are so weird! Why do you like someone like m--"

"You're kind, full of talents, cute, beautiful, smells nice, caring, makes my heart go dugeun dugeun..." Jaemin started, his golden smile not leaving his face.

"Looks like a cat, loved by my cats, love cats, is my favorite cat!" Jeno exclaimed, eye-smile and all.

"Oh! And you're so huggable!" Jaemin added as he tightened his hold of Hina.

"Ya! You might suffocate her!" Jeno said giving Jaemin a friendly punch on the shoulder at the same time freeing Hina from the said man's grasp. It was his turn to hug Hina.

Gently patting her head, Jeno said in a sincere tone, "You don't have to question when someone likes you, Hina. We just do. We just really, really like you."

Hina gave out a long sigh. "I understand. I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to apologize for, Hina." Jeno and Jaemin said at the same time.

The three stayed there talking about their worries, their happy days, and their hopes while listening to some soft English bops from the speaker Jaemin brought along. Jeno eventually let Hina go though he and Jaemin made sure she was snuggled cozily between the two of them as they converse.

When the clock strikes twelve, signalling the new year and their coming of age, both Jeno and Jaemin gave Hina something that they hope she'll remember for a lifetime.

A kiss.

A kiss on the cheek to be exact.

"Happy birthday soon, Hina." Jaemin said.

"Happy birthday, favorite cat." Jeno uttered.


Happy birthday to our Hina! Have you seen the subway poster ad for her which China Hina Bar sponsored? I saw it online a few days ago and I really think it's pretty! From what I remember, it will only be there for a month so to those who will go to Seoul that time, make sure to take a picture! :) <3