Kim (Lu) Han

You're My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

First love and first heartbreak.

Queen Lu Han hates a lot of things.

She hates her homeland.

She hates the Tulips in their garden back in China. It makes her remember her Father every time.

She hates her attendants here and back at home, she finds them overbearing. Same as all the royal protocols that she always thinks are a ty excuse of royals to make sure that the family name stays clean outside, but never stop to look inside and finally see the chaos it brings on every member of the royal family.

She hates that her unwillingness to take on the crown back home leads to her brother, Yixing, take over and strip him of his dream of becoming a composer. Of which he always shrug at and say, 'It's fine, dear sister. I'm happy to take over, don't worry about it..'

She hates it that her sister, Zitao, is a princess just like Baekhyun - regal, finesse, graceful. Just add some sass.

And the list goes on.

But what she hates the most right now are people who change their mind easily with something as great and sacred as love.

She hates Chanyeol, bottom line.

How can he do that to the sweetest and kindest person in the whole world? Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but who cares? She's a Queen, she decides who's the sweetest and kindest person and no one can say otherwise.

She knows that this situation is hurting her sister-in-law so much. Everything is making her agitated and she knows that is has something to do with her overprotectiveness towards the princess. She may not understand romantic heartbreaks, what with being lucky having his husband as her first for everything.


"I'm going, Father."

"Han, please. Listen to your Father for once. This isn't just about you! You have the whole family to think about! What about your brother?!"

Princess Lu Han just stared at her mother. At the age of 13, she's already told that she's going to inherit the throne. Gone are the days that only the male heir can take over. Her grandfather thought that it's too 'ancient' of a thinking. Everyone can lead, especially women.

She loves her grandfather to bits, but not right now.

"I don't want to! What's to think about when you guys didn't even think about what I want!?"

"You're just 13! You don't know what you actually want!"

Princess Lu Han is about to talk back to her mother but is stopped when her father spoke.

"My Queen. Let's stop this right now."

"But Love.."

"Please. If Lu Han doesn't want the throne, then we do not insist the throne to her. We have our son for that too."

The princess was taken aback by his father's decision. Never in her life did she imagined that he will allow her to be free of the responsibility, even if her father is the sweetest person in the whole world.

"Father..."

"Lu Han, baby, it's fine. This discussion doesn't need to end up with you hating your parents and the whole nation." He eyed his wife and went back his soft gaze to his daughter. "You're an amazing girl and you're right, you could be somewhere enjoying what you really want. I don't want this household to be somewhere you just want to come to back to because you have to." The King paused and genuinely smiled, "I want us to be your home. Somewhere you can rest your mind and just be comfortable to be with. If not inheriting the throne will give you that kind of feeling, then I'll be more than happy to let you off the hook." The King winked at her daughter and walked close to his wife.

"You my gorgeous wife will calm down and let me handle these things, okay?" The Queen nodded and looked at her daughter with love filled eyes.

"I'm sorry, Han. Do whatever you talk to your father. Just remember that we are always here."

Princess Lu Han cannot take it anymore and run into her parents' embrace. Crying her heart out, thanking them and all the heavens, because she doesn't want to thank her ancestors for creating such ty rules, for the freedom that they are willing to give him.

"Enough crying, my love." The King wiped her tears, "You're off the hook, but not with you going to Korea to accompany me, okay?"

Princess Lu Han nodded, "Mmmkay."


"Whoa! Who is she?" The princess asked her attendant given by Korea's royal family.

Her attendant, Sooyoung, took a glance at the person the princess is talking about and a smile graced her lips. "Oh, that is our beautiful princess Baekhyunnie!"

"Baekhyunnie?"

The girl's eyes widen and she bowed to the princess immediately, "Oh my God, I'm sorry your Highness. I mean, she's Princess Baekhyun. Daughter of the King and Queen of the Capital."

"Eh? I don't get why you're so afraid. Are you not allowed to call her that?"

The girl shook her head.

"Ah, it's fine. You can talk normally to me. I don't mind. Protocols are bull anyways."

Having a princess like Baekhyun made the attendant girl gaped at the princess in front of her. How does it possible that she talks like this. Is she given the wrong person to attend to? Maybe she's not China's princess?

Princess Lu Han laughed, "I'm China's princess, sure! But I don't do formalities. Just be at ease." she smiled, "So, she's this palace's princess? So pretty!"

"She is! Very kind and sweet too!" They notice a boy approaching the princess.

"And that is?"

"Oh, prince Minseok. Crown prince of the capital. Kind but quiet"

Her eyes bulged, "HE IS THE CROWN PRINCE? How come he's so tiny?". The attendant panicked when the prince looked at their way. He said something to his sister and the both of them walked towards the two.

"Oh no, oh no!"

"Why are you so scared? You just said that they're both kind royals." Princess Lu Han questioned with a raised brow.

"They are! I'm just not supposed to talk to you this way, that's all.."

"Heh, don't worry about it. I'll handle this the royal way.." and with a wink to the attendant, she proceeds with facing the royal siblings.

The prince isn't that tiny, why does he even look like one from afar? The princess can no longer say she's not nervous in meeting these two. Especially the prince who's extra handsome in a close distance.

The prince bowed slightly at her before taking her hand and placing a chaste kiss as his form of greeting, while the princess bowed at her 90 degrees.

"Your Highness, I hope you are having a good stay so far?"

And for the love of all the matcha candies in the world, why does he have a low, soothing, y voice for a kid? The princess doesn't think he's older than her.

"Everything's fine so far. Sooyoung has been very helpful."

The prince looked at the attendant and smiled at her. He faced the princess again, "I'm glad. If ever you need anything else, you can always come to me or my sister." The little girl nodded at her and smiled cutely.

She's cooing inside, why can't Zitao be cute as this princess in front of her?

"That is duly noted. By the way, how old are you two? You both don't seem like you're older than 10. Are you twins?" the attendant coughed beside her which confused the princess.

"Why? Did I say something wrong?"

The prince smiled. Which the princess of China thought as the kind of smile that should be put in the list of the national treasures.

"No, you said nothing wrong." The prince looked at her sister, "Baek's 9, I'm 14, and based on what I heard, that makes me older than you by a year." He smiled again.

'Why does this prince have to be so polite?' she thought.

"Oh~"..

The prince then smirked at her and then shooked his head, "Yes, princess.. Oh.." when he laughed out loud princess Lu Han lost it. She walked fast, closing in the prince, grabbed the front of his shirt and kissed him.. hard.

Oh yes, she kissed him. What? Don't judge her. Who can resist Kim Minseok? No one, that's right. Even her 13-year-old self.

And you know what's better than kissing the prince on the first day they met, aside from seeing the scandalized look of Baekhyun and Sooyoung?

It's that the prince slowly s his arms around her waist and kissed her just as hard. For royals with strict protocols, who are just barely gotten to their teenage years, and who had just met each other, they sure are taking everything slow. Note the sarcasm.


The Queen just sighed as she recalls the first time she met her husband. It was embarrassing, sure. But it's a kind of story you would want to tell your children, grandchildren, heck the whole generation after.

She just wishes that Baekhyun can also have that kind of story, if not, a much greater one because she deserves the finest the world can give.

Queen Junmyeon is pacing. She can feel it. She’ll be getting a call from her monster of a best friend and will get an earful, which probably already happened to her dear cousin.

She sighed.

The South’s Queen is ca

Please log in to read the full chapter