Zhang Yixing

You're My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dark Intentions, True Feelings

 

"You guys should've just married her off to me."

Queen Han raised an eyebrow at her King brother. "I would really appreciate it if you will stop talking about Baekhyun as if she's an item we can just give away to anyone."

King Yixing chuckles, "But I'm not just anyone, I'm your brother.” The King smiled, “And I never said that she’s an item or object, I’ve never seen her as such."

"And you're an , stop with your nonsense."

His Queen is glaring at his brother - that's the scene King Minseok get into when he entered his office where their guest was in.

"Yixing."

"Brother-in-law."

"No need for formality. Call me 'Your Highness'."

This time it's China's King’s turn to raise an eyebrow at his brother-in-law. A moment passed and then the two bursts out laughing. "You never change, brother-in-law."

"And so are you." King Minseok approached his wife, placed his arms around her waist and kissed her temple as a greeting. "Love." The Queen smiled at her husband. "You're still not giving up on Baek even though you're already engaged. Really, Yixing?"

King Yixing smiled at his brother-in-law. "Ah, but you know Your Highness, Princess Baekhyun is truly a gem, one of a kind. No man will be able to resist."

"Oh shush, you brat. If Shan-Shan hears you, you will be dead." Queen Han commented.

This made both the Kings laugh. The soon-to-be-Queen of China, Lady Shan-Shan of the Yuan family, is a brat just like Queen Han is, but plus the Black Belt in martial arts, so it's a little bit more dangerous. Her family is one of the old-rich in China. Descendants of the royal family during the Yuan Dynasty. Too bad they're no longer in power now.

"She's going to castrate me for talking about Baekhyun. She's a bit jealous of her, you know."

"Who wouldn't when you can't keep your mouth shut about her when you're going here or when you have anything Korea-related." Queen Han sassed. "I'll castrate you even before she can be within 5 feet near you."

King Minseok just shakes his head. These siblings are really something, he's just glad that Princess Zitao is not here with her brother - imagine the chaos. This is the reason why he loves Baekhyun so much. Ahh, the peace in having a quiet and finesse sibling.

The King of China then look at his brother-in-law, serious this time, "I take it that you didn't ask me to fly here just to talk about me getting castrated by your wife?"

"Oh, shut it."

"Han, Love."

"Okay fine, I'll stay quiet."

King Minseok chuckled, "Really?"

The Queen just rolled her eyes at her husband, "Yeah, fine. I promise I'll be quiet... I guess."

King Yixing just shakes his head with the exchange. His sister will never really change. He’s just glad that their homeland was not handed to her. He can’t imagine having this bull-headed woman leading their very big country. Oh no, he lied. Of course, he can imagine, and he can describe it in one word – chaotic. He chuckled again with his thoughts.

The King of China then looks his brother-in-law. King Minseok asked him directly if he can visit them in the pretense of formally inviting the Royals of Korea to the what the press all over the world tagged as the wedding of the year – His Highnesses’ marriage to Lady Shan-Shan that will be happening before the year ends. Since Queen Han is the eldest of the China’s Royal siblings, King Yixing needs to formally inform her first. Not that it’s mandatory, but it did come in handy.

Well, King Yixing is really planning on visiting Korea but not as early as the start of the year. He’s planning on taking Shan-Shan with him when he does that, but it seems that his Royal sibling-in-law needs him for something very important that they deceived the people of his real agenda coming to the country.

“So...” King Yixing trailed off, “I would like to guess what this is all about…”

King Minseok just sighed. “Nothing gets pass the King of China, doesn’t it?”.

“Well, what happened wasn’t really made confidential. People are already talking about it, especially on social medias.” King Yixing added.

Queen Han rolled her eyes, “These people doesn’t really have anything better to do than make a big deal out of everything.”

“But this is a big deal, sister. Not their business, yes, but still a big deal.” King Yixing stood up and walk towards the floor-to-ceiling window of the King of the Capital’s office. “It’s not very often that a Royal, not even at the throne yet, disregards protocol and mandate for marriage.”

“It’s rude and a blasphemy to those who have been there before us, I know. But still, we have feelings, they shouldn’t say or spread anything. Wait for us to confirm or release a statement at least.” Queen Han answered back.

King Minseok sighed, “We are a public figure, Love. To the people, our lives shouldn’t be private. It is a very big of a deal that they know the people who rules them. Trust is given only when they know.”

“I understand that. It’s just… Baekhyun has been through so much these past few days and these articles aren’t going to help her move on from this quickly.” She sighed again, “She’s a University student, Minseok. Searching through the web is inevitable. I don’t want her losing focus just because she will be constantly reminded of what happened. And for ’s sake, the school break is almost over, and school is starting again next week.” Queen Han is getting agitated as she continues, “She will hear people and worst will not be able to avoid seeing Chanyeol there.”

“You worry too much. Baekhyun is a Princess. She’s taught how to handle and carry herself in public.”

“I know that ‘Xing, but this is Baek we’re talking about. You know how she is.” The Queen looked at her husband, “Can’t you do something about these articles on the internet, ‘Seok?”

The King just shakes his head, “Not right now, Love. There are more pressing issues we need to discuss and do. We can’t afford to be giving our focus to these things. I know that these articles are created to distract us, and I wouldn’t give them any time of the day.”

“Always the one who’s one-step ahead of everyone. I see.”

King Minseok just smirked at his brother-in-law. “I hate losing, Yixing.”

“I know.”

“Then you should also know that I will dispose of everyone who will get in my and my family’s way.”

“Yup, hundred percent.” Yixing smiled at his brother-in-law, “So, who are we disposing of?”

Queen Han stood up abruptly, “What is this, you two? Disposing of who? Minseok?”

The King just sighed. He knew he can’t leave his wife in the dark about this. Hell no, he can’t. If he does, he’ll be the one put into the darkness for the rest of his life. If he’s still be alive, that is.

“Kris and I believe that the people behind what happened 6 years ago is moving again.” Queen Han’s shocked, right hand covering . She can’t believe she’s hearing this. “We don’t believe that Chanyeol cancelled the engagement because he doesn’t want to be with Baek anymore.”

“Yeah, the kid is most especially smitten. Everyone can see that Prince Chanyeol is in love with Princess Baek. I’m actually kind of surprise that the people are buying Chanyeol’s reason.” King Yixing supplied.

“Exactly, that is why I had Kris checked Chanyeol’s activities for the past months.”

“And this is where you confirmed that the people who planned the ‘accident’ 6 years ago were involved in this?”

Queen Han is at lost at everything. She can’t even imagine telling these things to Baekhyun and Junmyeon. Her best friend and the Princess spent a couple of years moving pass what happened and now this. How evil these people can really get? Up to what extent are they going to go to destroy the Royal Families?

King Minseok nodded. “No direct contact with the people who Father was sure plotted the accident 6 years ago.” King Yixing shot up an eyebrow at his brother-in-law in question. “But Chanyeol’s phone call records are mostly consists of him getting a call from Princess Sunbin.”

“Lee Sunbin? Youngest of the Lees?” Queen Han asked. “You don’t think she’s the one Chanyeol is referring to when he said that he like someone else, right?”

“That’s what Kris and I thought, Love.” He sighed again, “She’s a member of the family of the people who wanted to overthrow us. With the Do’s in the West and the Park’s in the South that are both hundred and one percent our allies and the North being neutral on everything, they don’t stand a chance. But with Chanyeol taking over the throne when Kris retire, positioning one of their family inside the Parks will give them an advantage. Not much, but still an advantage.”

“And I take it that they have something huge against Prince Chanyeol to make him actually agree to this stupidity?” King Yixing asked.

“That is what I’m still trying to figure out. I know Kris is loyal to me and I to him. We grew up together and are practically brothers. But Chanyeol is his blood, there will always be things that will stay between the two of them and I’m sure that Kris have the idea on what this family have against Chanyeol.”

“You’re getting it by force or what?” Yixing asked again.

King Minseok shakes his head, “No. Never with Kris, no. I trust him with my life and so I will trust him to do the right thing with whatever him and Chanyeol is hiding.”

“Fair enough.” King Yixing walked around the study table and sat on the chair offered to him earlier. “And I take it that you want me to move in your behalf because you don’t want any suspicions directed to you, am I correct?”

King Minseok smirked, “As expected of my brother-in-law.”

“Tch. No need for flattery.” King Yixing smiled at his sister, “Han is a Royal here and this is her home now. I will destroy everyone who will dare destroy her home and her happiness.”

“This sappy old man.” The Queen smiled at her brother, touched. She reached out and held his hand. “Thank you, brother. Though with your speech earlier, we can assume that we will not owe you one or anything.”

Both the Kings laughed at the Queen. Give it to Queen Han to make the most serious situation a fun one.

King Yixing squeezed his sister’s hand before standing up. “Give me all the things I need to do. I will gather only the most trusted people I have for this.”

“Thanks, ‘Xing. We really appreciate this.”

“Not only doing this for Han, you know. They also dare touch our dear Princess Baekyun. I’ll let them pay for that.”

“Of course, there he goes again with his ‘precious Princess Baekhyunnie”. Would you shut it, ‘Xing, please? It’s disgusting.” Queen Han scolded her brother.

King Yixing just laughed it off and King Minseok just nodded at him when they locked eyes.

“I’ll give you an update as soon as we have one.”

“Sounds good.”

“I’ll stay for a few more hours so as not to make this visit look like not family related.”

“Good idea. Stay for dinner.”

“Oh, I will. I haven’t seen Princess Baekhyun so…”

King Yixing is obviously just teasing Queen Han, but she always falls for it. “I’ll call Xiao Lu to ready your stupid plane for takeoff right this instant, stupid .”

The Kings just shakes their heads while smiling. The Queen will never change.

 

 

Queen Junmyeon is walking through the South Palace’s hallway when she saw Chanyeol walking aimlessly. Her brother-in-law looks really bothered by something and it’s really making her worry.

“Chanyeol.”

Prince Chanyeol looked up. Eyes softening after seeing his sister-in-law. “Your Highness”, he bowed.

The Queen chuckled, “No need for formalities, Chan. You’re still my little baby, just like the old times.”

The Prince smiled at the Queen genuinely, but deep down inside he’s feeling a bit sick. The people around him are the most beautiful people he has ever given the privilege of meeting. Second of them all is the woman in front of him. His and his brother’s wonder wall. Remembering his stupidity on the night he and his brother fought still brings bitterness to his heart. He had hurt this amazing woman terribly and he doesn’t know how to fix it.

“You know Chanyeol, you never change.” The Prince snapped his head looking at his sister-in-law. “You always have this distinct facial expression when you’re worried and you can’t say what’s the reason why.”

Of course, she knows him. She knows him too well. She practically raised him when her mother died when he was still barely in High School.

“I won’t pry, Chan. Me and your brother trusts you. Do whatever it is that will make you happy. Answer to the Kingdom’s question and to your responsibilities to it, but never lose your heart in the process.” The Queen moved closer to him and placed her hand on his chest, just above his heart. “Remember that whatever happens, it is your feelings above all else, okay?”

Prince Chanyeol almost burst out in tears and spill everything to his sister-in-law. She always knows the things to say to make Chanyeol let go and just lay all his emotions out in the open. However, this time, he needs to be stronger. For his Kingdom.

He surprises the Queen by hugging her tight and nodding his head. “Engraved in my heart and mind. Thank you.”

She smiled at him when the Prince released her from the tight hug. Cupping the Prince face, she continued, “I am not mad at you so please put that away on the things that worries you. I understand you completely. Your decisions, however, I do not. But let us understand you. We are your family, we will never judge you.”

‘If only you knew. You would all hate me, especially Baekhyun…’ The Prince said to himself.

“Still, I’m sorry. I was an , you didn’t deserve that.”

“Thank you. You’re forgiven.” The Queen smiled at the Prince again and continued, “People always think that something is so great they do not deserve it, nor to be even anywhere near it. Always remember, Chanyeol, that we do not decide for others if they deserve us. It is not for us to determine or to say. Give that great thing the chance to decide if you are worthy of having and keeping it.”

Prince Chanyeol understood. He does even if he doesn’t want to. The greatest thing for him. The only thing he ever wanted. He knows…

He stood there contemplating. It’s too late to let the greatest thing to decide if he deserves to be near it. And he’s really isn’t sure if his past decisions that leads to this situation will be understood and forgiven.

He’s choosing this path because he was greedy and angry at some point, it blinded him. Even after realizing that he’s wrong and lived a life full of remorse, he can never change the past. In that moment, he decided, he will never ever deserve Princess Baekhyun.

 

 

King Kris entered their bedroom with every bit of his body screaming to retire for the night. Chanyeol has been distant. Not answering his calls and just sending him curt messages as replies, which isn’t his brother at all. Add to the headache is the never-ending irritation towards the council. The King of the South already told them that they will answer to the nation’s council when Chanyeol is ready – he wants to at least talk to his brother first and understand everything before presenting him to the council to be roasted alone.

Queen Junmyeon just got out of their en-suite bathroom when her husband came in. She smiled at him, “Tiring day?”

“Full of craps day, yeah.”

The Queen chuckled at her husband, “Share them with me then.”

“I don’t want to end your day with crap, Love. How’s yours anyway?”

The Queen sat on their bed motioning for her husband to do so too. When the King sat in front of the Queen, she immediately put her hands on his shoulder to massage him gently. The King sighed in contentment. Here, in his wife’s arms is his haven.

“Just the usual.”

“How’s the preparation for your charity next weekend?”

“Under control. Han is very excited to meet the children. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun just confirmed that they will be coming to help too.”

“Any news from the North and the East?”

“None yet, though I really doubt if they will send someone. It’s not a big of a deal anyway. Its focus is only here in the South. You know Han is always present on these kinds of events. I invited Kyungsoo so she can have a head start with what she should be focusing on when she started her reign over the West. Baekhyun agreed to accompany her best friend.”

King Kris smiled. The South’s charity for the kids who were abandoned by their parents has been established by his great-great grandmother. Ever since then, all the successor to the Queens in the South handles the charity. Though every Kingdom has their own, with the South it’s different. The Queens must be hands on. This proves to greatly affect the kids’ views in their current situation. It always made them feel loved.

Queen Han is doing the same in the Capital. She also wants to be more hands on in these kinds of matter of the land. Especially now that she’ll be having a child.

The King sighed again. A child of his own. He shakes his head and smiled – maybe in the next lifetime, with Junmyeon.

“Penny for your thoughts, your Highness?”

The King sat facing his wife, “I’m just so proud of you and Han. Especially you, Love.” Queen Junmyeon smiled and tilted her head to the side cutely, her husband pinched her cheeks, “Father has always been right about you.”

“Hmm?”

“He said you’ll be a great Queen. Proudly saying that one of the most amazing girls he has ever known will be marrying his son. Helping him flourish and take the South to its full capacity as a Kingdom.” The King took his wife’s hand and brought it to his lips. Kissing the back of the Queen’s hand gently, “And you know that King Chanwoo is never wrong. Every other nation says so.”

The Queen just giggled and cupped his husband’s face. “A Queen compliments her King. If not, no matter how great they are as an individual, they will never bring any Kingdom to its heights.” She kissed his nose gently, “I am here because of you. Because you gave me the chance to be by your side. I am eternally grateful that you accepted me and loved me despite not being as witty and out going as Han or as talented as Baekhyun.”

The King raised an eyebrow at his wife, “Are you kidding me, ‘Myeon? I don’t think I’m as patient as your cousin when it comes to someone like Han. And Baekhyun is talented and smart, but not as smart as you. Do not compare yourself to anyone. My heart is not happy when you do.”

“I’m sorry.” The Queen apologized, putting her small hands to his husband’s chest.

Taking the small hands on his, the King pulled his wife towards him and kisses her softly in the lips.

The Queen pushed him a little, “I know you’re still handsome and still smells super nice, but your clothes aren’t exactly clean. Go ahead and clean up first.”

“Mood killer.”

Queen Junmyeon just laughed at her husband, “Come on. Wash up now.”

“Okay, wait for me.”

“I’ll be right here.”

Almost half an hour later, the King emerged from the bathroom freshly showered. Queen Junmyeon has been married to this tall man for almost 5 years now and they have been dating more years before that, but she can never get enough of him. So dreamy.

“You can take a picture, Love. I won’t mind.”

“Shut up and put your shirt on.” The Queen blushed. Even after making love with her husband hundreds of times now, she still feels like she’s in her teenage year when he flirts with her.

“Don’t wanna.” The King pouts.

“Childish.” The Queen just shakes her head. If the Kingdom will see her pouting husband right now, they will all be scandalized. The King just have this supreme image to everyone.

The King just laughed while taking his side of the bed, lying in there. This day really drained him. Looking at his wife, he spread his arms and motioned for his Queen closer. The Queen didn’t hesitate and laid beside her hus

Please log in to read the full chapter