Park (Wu) Kris

You're My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Feelings Over Responsibilities

Queen Junmyeon is actually terrified of his husband on some level. Kris is a softie, but what other people thought of him and her cousin, Minseok, are actually, not just a tiny bit but a whole lot of truth.

The two were real bullies when they were younger and that sometimes includes hurting their victims physically too. Typically spoiled royals.

Back when they were in college, they pranked almost half, if not more, of the university's population. They weren't that many because of it being a prestigious and exclusive school for the royals and those who have royal bloodlines, but there were still plenty of them. Sometimes, the Queen sees them and all she can do is smile at them sweetly. Because really, how can she face those people who have been bullied by her husband and cousin? She can't. She just has to it up and pretend nothing happened. 

The truth is that it's only her husband who is always planning and executing the pranks. Her cousin will just watch and bail out his best friend once he got caught. The then Crown Prince Minseok would always threaten Crown Prince Kris of a beating of a lifetime if he will not stop with his pranks. But well, her cousin is just a whipped man. Insert the mischievous China Princess, Queen Junmyeon's best friend, Lu Han. Whom would always be Kris' accomplice. Minseok would always take the blame even though he didn't do anything, just to save Lu Han's a/ss and in short, saving Kris' too. What can people do? They will just let it go since the Crown Prince of the Capital is the second most powerful person in the whole country.

Kris would always of being so whipped, but Minseok will just shrug and say, 'Letting you do all your bull is already making me your accomplice..' and then chuckling Kris will receive a death glare and a 'You want to die, Park?' from her cousin. Kris, although almost a head taller than Minseok, is actually extremely terrified of his best friend's scary, sadistic, and cunning attitude.

She would just always be the one on the sidelines. Looking at her 3 childhood friends with fondness and longing for one specific person which she never thought were actually being reciprocated by the then South's Crown Prince.

Their love story is not like the one between King Minseok and Queen Lu Han that blossoms after one great moment - their intense kissing at the tender young age if you can call that a great moment. Not the single flashing, throbbing moment like what happened to her younger brother, Prince Jongin and the Princess of the West, Kyungsoo. The two hit it off the moment they were introduced as each others' betrothed. No magical moment. No accidental touches of hands under the starry sky, no passionate confession in the rain, nothing cliche as catching each other's eyes across the sea of people. No, nothing like that.

Their love happens in succession. It was the everyday things intertwining one by one like little tendrils until what was originally there was strengthened and emerged completely into love. Looking back, sometimes she wonders how and when it all started, but now she realized, it has always been there since the beginning.

She also wonders how the hell the kingdoms those two babies rule are still surviving up until now - the Capital, 6 years under Minseok's reign, and the South, 4 years under her husband. People who had actually watched the two royals grow up would understand how and why.

Though despite knowing and being there all the time, the Queen still fears her previous and new home's welfare under these two. She chuckles, it still feels surreal. It seems like it's just yesterday when the eight of them would crowd the Capital Palace's backyard. Her, watching Lu Han cooing at Princess Baekhyun, Minseok playing soccer with Prince Chanyeol and Prince Jongin, and Kris, busy plotting his next pranks with her youngest brother Jongdae. They all look a bunch of weirdos, really. 

But she misses the scenery dearly. Her husband's booming peals of laughter, her cousin's mischievous grins, and her best friend's not so girly and high pitch shrills and remarks. Life wasn't easy back then, but it wasn't hard like this too.

 

His Majesty, King of the South, Park Kris was actually away during the kingdom's assembly earlier. He was attending a meeting that was supposed to be Minseok's. However, the King of the Capital has an equally important meeting with Japan's monarch with regard to their own lands' law about the rampant migration of Japan's citizen to Koreas borders without proper documents and are actually creating chaos on some part of the East and South Kingdoms. Giving the Parks and the Lees some major headache. Really, who invades other territories in this age? Yeah, their neighboring country, great!

The meeting with the King of China, Yixing, Queen Han's brother, went rather very well. Them being longtime friends now. It was just a minor discussion about imports and exports and some drinks of course. However, the trip that was supposed to be three-days long was cut short when King Kris heard of the news of what his brother did during the Kingdoms Assembly. He was away for just a few hours, really.

The King can be heard giving out orders and reminders to his security team outside the palace main doors before his heavy footsteps can be heard inside the palace' hall. He hasn't noticed Queen Junmyeon standing outside one of the receiving rooms as his focus was solely on the younger man's figure descending from the main staircase looking like he's ready to paint the town red.

'Nope!', the King said to himself. Nobody's painting anything red, if there's someone who is going to paint something red, it is him. If his brother will not give him a satisfying answer to his actions earlier.

On the side, Queen Junmyeon is really nervous. She knows that Chanyeol respects his brother immensely, but she knows that these two brothers can be both stubborn and hard headed sometimes. She can already feel her husband's ominous aura and her brother-in-law's 'I don't care' attitude. A f

Please log in to read the full chapter