Park (Kim) Junmyeon

You're My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Past demons and future monsters.

 

She doesn't know that her brother-in-law felt so burdened about their set-up. They always thought that becoming a King is one of Chanyeol's dream. Both of her and her husband thought that what happened is also a blessing as they are both giving what Chanyeol always wanted, but what happened recently proved them wrong.

It was six years ago when it happened. Everyone in the whole kingdom, especially King Kris, has been devastated with the news of her being no longer able to bear a child after the accident that also costed the Capital's regent's life. Kris was still the Crown Prince that time and she was still his fiancée. She was a hundred and one percent sure that the ruler of the South, King Chanwoo, will no longer allow her to marry his son. To everyone's surprise that time, Kris doesn't have to beg his father to let him marry Princess Junmyeon despite having no chance of bearing an heir to the throne.

"Son, I am not happy with what happened." The King sighed, "I lost my best friend in that accident too. The country lost its just and kind regents. We all lost something, but I am glad that Junmyeon is still here with us. That child has also been my daughter even before you were betrothed. It doesn't matter to me if she can't give you an heir. If you want to marry her, you have my and your mother's blessings." The kind smile that the King offered his son is calming, "You can reign after me, if there's really nothing we can do, I am also very confident with your brother to rule after you. It doesn't matter, you are both Park's."

Princess Junmyeon didn't mean to eavesdrop that time, but hearing those kind words from the King of the South himself calmed her heart immensely. Tears of genuine happiness flowed. She wouldn't know what to do if she will no longer be allowed to marry her Prince.

When the King of the South passed away almost two years after the accident due to an illness which is also caused by the loneliness of losing his wife, Queen Soojung, a year before, Kris immediately took over. However, it took them almost a year to proceed with the wedding ceremony after the coronation because Princess Junmyeon was stalling. Because even though she knows that both the King and the Queen of the South approved of her despite her incapability to bear an heir, she doesn't want to humiliate Kris. He loves him too much that she's willing to let him go and find someone else that can help him fulfill his duties as the South's monarch.

The then-new King of the South would always smile at her and would say, "Take as long as you want, I will be here waiting for you."

If it isn't for his cousin Minseok, she would've given up Kris completely. But now that she's actually hurting other people just because she has chosen to be selfish 4 years ago, she's regretting everything, even marrying the love of her life. She knows that she would never regret Kris but being the Queen, she's actually starting to.

"Love.."

The Queen was startled by her husband's deep voice. She now realized that she has been staring at herself in the mirror for a couple of minutes now. She must have worried her husband. "Hey.."

King Kris stood in front of his wife and took her small hands in his, "Ready to go?"

The Queen only smiled a little and nodded at her husband, "I'm sorry. Did I made you wait that long?"

"No, Love. We're not in a hurry. I already told Minseok that we will take our time getting to the Capital."

"Are you nervous about seeing him?"

King Kris' eyebrow shot up, "Minseok?" He shook his head a little and smiled a little too, "If there's anyone I'm very nervous, and dare I may say scared to see right now, it's Baekhyun." The King sighed, "And not because I'm scared she might lash out at me. I'm scared because I know it will be the opposite. She would smile to us like Chanyeol didn't do anything. She would be her usual sweet and kind self that would surely make me want to strangle my brother more." Another sigh, "You know I love that kid like a sister too. I really don't know if I would be able to face her."

Queen Junmyeon smiled the most genuine smile she could muster at her husband. She completely understands what the King is feeling. She too is afraid of facing her cousin, Baekhyun, and it's because of the same reason. "I am too, Love, that's why I understand. But Baekhyun is so much more than the fragile little girl that you and Minseok would always like to tuck away from the world. She's stronger than we think she is. Whatever Chanyeol's real reason, she'll understand it, and she'll get through it. Just like always."

"You're right."

"I am always right. At least between the two of us." The cheeky smile the Queen gave the King calmed his mind.

"Wait." The King stopped the Queen from moving out of their grand walk-in closet. "You don't believe Chanyeol's reason too? I mean, about his decision about his engagement with Baekhyun?"

"Kris, everyone who was able to see Chanyeol around Baekhyun would not believe him. Do you really think that Chanyeol's feelings towards Baek just magically disappeared?"

"No, of course, I don't."

"Exactly, Love. Other people might believe him, but us? Especially, our circle since we were kids? I doubt it. For sure Han and Minseok are both thinking the same."

He thought that he's the only one that believes his brother's reason is bull. There's two of them now, and knowing his two best friends, the King and the Queen of the Capital, he is sure that the same thing is brewing in their minds too.

"We should leave now, Love. I don't doubt that Minseok will wait, but Han will not. I don't want to be scolded."

Before the Queen could move again, the King reached out and pulled her in a tight embrace. "My Queen." He breathed at his wife's neck. He knows that he looks like a kid wanting attention right now, but he doesn't care, because that's what he really wants right now. His Queen's attention and forgiveness.

The Queen patted her husband's back, "I know, Kris. I know that tone. It's not your fault, please."

"I.. I just.. I love you so much, Myeon. Please don't ever get tired of me, my family, and this kingdom." The arms holding the Queen tightened a bit more and the Queen can't help but smile at her husband's unnecessary plead.

"What are you talking about? I would never get tired of you, OUR family, and our kingdom, Kris. You know that." Queen Junmyeon distanced her husband a bit and cupped his face so she can see his eyes, "I love you too, so much. Losing you would equal to dying. I have a lot of things I am sorry for about the situation we are in right now, but being with you is not one of them. Never, Kris. Never."

She tiptoed to give her husband a sweet kiss before standing straight again to fix his suit. "You are so handsome, I won't be able to leave you."

The King rolled his eyes but nevertheless smiled at his wife. He knows that his Queen is still hurt, but he promises to make sure that what she heard a few nights ago from his own brother will never be uttered by anyone again. 

 

Queen Lu Han is surprisingly not going back and forth in their spacious bedroom. She was just made aware that the King and the Queen of the South are coming and the King was so sure he will be getting an earful from his wife. He doesn't know what's scary to be very honest. This silent Lu Han or the lashing out, cursing, throwing tantrums one. He guesses, he'll take this one for now since he also needs to think.

"Love.."

The King looked at his wife, waiting for her to continue. When a minute had already passed and the Queen stayed silent, the King sighed and called his wife too, "Love? What is it?"

And it seems like the Queen realized that she had spaced out and quickly gathered her thoughts. She stood up and pace in front of the floor to ceiling window. "I know I have been really mad at Chanyeol and have said a lot of things." The Queen twirled around and shot an eyebrow at her husband, "And mind you, I don't regret any of them.."

"I know.. but?"

The Queen sighed and got back to staring outside the window, "But, at the back of my mind, I don't believe him. There must be something, Love. Something that's making him do this." She looked at her husband again, "I always bully Chanyeol when we were kids because he's easily annoyed. I all the time because he's obviously a mess when he's around Baekhyun. I know him, we all do, that is why I am really not buying his crap of a reason."

"That is why I called Kris today."

"So you don't believe Chanyeol too?"

"Let's see, Han. Let's see."

The Queen just shook her head, "You aren't going to discuss anything with me, aren't you?"

The King looked at his wife apologetically, "I will, just not now."

"Okay."

The King is amused. Rare is the time that his Queen will just concede. Maybe the recent happenings are taking a toll at his wife's raging beast. He walked behind her and wrapped her in an embraced, cupping her bulging stomach with his one hand. "Thank you. I need you to rest more, I'll take care of everything."

"I shouldn't worry?"

"Not a single vein on your gorgeous body should."

"Clever, I'm getting huge now, but okay."

The King just laughed at his wife's sassiness.

"Let's go, Kris and Myeon will be here in a few minutes."

"Alright, lead the way, Your Hotness." The King laughed at her wife's wit again.  Aahh, his Queen. What would he do without her and her smart mouth?

 

“Kris..” King Minseok looks at the King of the South and signals him to talk in private. Kris smiled at his wife before standing up.

Queen Lu Han stood up too and faces her husband, “What’s so private that your Queens can’t be included in the conversation?”

King Minseok just look at his wife and uttered her name in a very strict tone. "We talked about this, right?"

The Queen sighed, “Okay fine.” She rolled her eyes at her husband before turning to her best friend, “Myeonnie, the Greens?”

The Queen of the South smiled and stood up from where she’s seated at, “Would love too, Han. Let’s bring some books? Would like to read to our little Minseokkie here!” she touched her best friend's stomach and then clapped her hands in excitement.

“Park Junmyeon, please do not call my baby that insufferable name.” Queen Lu Han sassed. She walked towards Queen Junmyeon and tugged her arms. “We’ll be outside when you realize you really need our help. Bye..”

Queen Junmyeon just smiled apologetically to the two Kings before exiting the room with her best friend. This woman, really.

“Your love for Han is truly magnificent. Definitely unmatched..” King Kris teased after the door is closed.

King Minseok looks at his best friend and motion for him to follow. “Don’t start with me, Park.”

The other King chuckled at his best friend. It is truly a magnificent feat that the ever stoic and serious man, King Minseok is head over heels in love with the boisterous and sassy Queen Lu Han. Ah, truly love moves in mysterious ways.

Entering the King of the Capital’s office, both King didn’t bother to sit down. They both went straight to the floor to ceiling window, overlooking the palace’s Greens. Named after Princess Baekhyun’s favorite color and actual first word.

They both can see their Queens hanging out under the shade of the tree that has been there since they were kids.

“Have you looked into Chanyeol’s recent activities?”

“Straight to the business as always..”

King Minseok smirked. “I l

Please log in to read the full chapter