Kim Minseok

You're My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Broken hearts and piano pieces.

“Where is she?”

“The princess has been in the music room for 4 hours now, Your Majesty. She’s not answering the door and has been playing the piano ever since she went inside.”

Minseok looked at the older woman who has been with him and his sister since they were young. If her sister wouldn’t budge when it’s already their Nana pleading to her, then he’s not so sure if he’ll make any difference.

“Have she at least eaten something?”

The elder woman just shook her head and glance at the King before looking back at the hallway leading to the music room where a very lonely piano piece can be heard.

“She’s so broken-hearted, isn’t she? It frustrates me so much that I can’t do anything..” the King ruffled his hair in frustration, “so much for being a king. I can’t even do anything to stop her from hurting..”

“Minseok..” the elder woman called, “Your sister wouldn’t want you to do anything, you know that..”

“Nana, I’m the King. I know we’re already in the 21st century, but my word is still the law. I should’ve been firmer about this..” the King shakes his head, “She shouldn’t have been hurt like this..”

Being King isn’t really gonna give you all the power to do everything. Especially the power to protect the people you love the most from hurting. No one has that power, even so, if it involves another person and someone else's’ feelings.

“You know that’s not true. If you’re an imposing King, Baekhyun would have gotten what she wanted. You love her that much, you’ll do everything. For sure you’ll even threaten Kris just to give her heart’s desire.” The elder woman smiled kindly at the King.

“But you know that that’s not what Baek wants.” She continued. “Your sister is a very kind and loving lady. She’s the only Princess of the largest and most powerful land in Korea but that doesn’t get to her head.

She wouldn’t want you caging the man she loves here in the palace just so she can have him..”

Minseok sighed, their Nana is right. His sister is too kind for her own good. Too calm and kind that it frustrates him sometimes. She always finds goodness in everything and everyone and doesn’t judge people just by appearance or past decisions.

Princess Baekhyun would always know both sides of the story before making a decision. Never impulsive, always forgiving.

“I know. It’s just that..” Minseok pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed when he heard the new piece being played by her sister.

Baekhyun is his pride and joy, just like what she is to their parents. Beautiful, kind, finesse, intelligent, and talented. A good speaker albeit a little shy. Always follow protocols and never gave him a headache. She never let her brother worry about things she should be able to handle.

But this? The King knows they both can’t handle this.

Him, because her sister wouldn’t want him to, and her because she won’t, she’ll never will.

“I haven’t heard her play that song in years. The last time was after Mom’s and Dad’s funeral. Their death devastates Baek so much she didn’t leave the same music room she’s in right now for 3 weeks. I’m scared, Nana..”

Their Nana tapped the King’s shoulder affectionately and smiled at him, “Baek has always been the emotional one between the two of you, but she was never reckless. Give the princess some time. She’ll come around..”

King Minseok just sighed and walked towards the music room. He inhaled sharply, preparing himself for the talk he knows will definitely break her sister more.

He can face it all. 

Adversaries, people who still think that he’s way too young to be the King of the most powerful empire in Korea, hell even his wife - the Queen, but he just can’t face and stand a weeping Baekhyun. 

Especially when he can’t do anything about it.

This situation brings back horrible memories. 6 years ago when they were younger. The day when their parents passed away. Accidents happened but until now, he knows that Baekhyun still blames herself for what happened to their parents.

He did everything he can to make sure that her sister wouldn’t feel that anyone’s blaming her. It was never her fault.

The King waver, he really doesn’t know what to do. Where was his Queen when he needed her?

And it’s like his soulmate heard him, the Queen just came out from the other side of the corridor looking extremely worried and at the same time furious.

“Kim Minseok!” The Queen shouted. King Minseok already know that he’ll be getting one hell of a scolding from his bea

Please log in to read the full chapter