Ten.

fac ut ardeat cor meum (amor vincit omnia)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Honestly I keep on having anxieties because I think I'm a bad writer and the plot is boring??? but like... we aren't perfect so *cries in spanish* 

Anyway, I can't be more thankful that there are still people reading this story even though this is literally a messy cluster, you're all amazing and I hope you'll always be filled with happiness and joy.

I have to say, Jongin is the hardest one to write because I keep on going back and forth with how I want him to be, buuuttt I promise I'll still do my best. I won't make him too much of an , I promise.

Anway, please do comment what you think on this chapter because I really do love reading your comments! What do you think of Jongin? Of Seulgi? Don't hesitate to reach me, aight ;)

Love,
Nat 

X.

nos et cedamus amori

let us too yield to love

 

 

"Careful, the road is quite slippery."

 

Seulgi's heartbeat quickens when Jongin wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Is it alright that she cherishes this contact? Is it alright that she adores her husband?

 

They walk carefully into the building. It had rained at early dawn and the streets of Palatine were drenched. She nearly slipped because of her heels, but luckily Jongin steadied her.

 

"Thanks." she smiles, looking at him.

 

He's so handsome and so easy to like. Jongin chuckles and it makes her chest feel warm and happy. He keeps his hand on her as they walk along rows of paparazzi, until they're safe and warm inside the building.

 

They're going to watch a musical at the Royal Opera House this evening with the whole family. Nayeon had dressed her in a velvet dress with a low cut and draped arms. She also adorned Seulgi's neck with a bright pearl necklace and a matching set of earrings.

 

Jongin leads her to the top box, right at the center, with the best view of the stage. The theatre is coated with a warm glow from the golden lighting. Below them are rows of empty seats that are slowly being filled by the audience.

 

"Ah, I've always loved this theatre." Eunhee says from her right with a nostalgic smile on her face. "I especially really love today's show."

 

"The Birth of Aria?" Seulgi asks, noticing the name of the musical from the pamphlet handed to her by the staff.

 

The queen nods enthusiastically. "It's a very old myth about the creation of Aria."

 

"Mother likes it so much because she loves sappy romantic stories." Jongin whispers in Seulgi's ears and they share a laugh.

 

"I do not like it just for the romance." Eunhee argues, giving Jongin a playful glare.

 

"The creation of Aria is a romance story?" Seulgi asks, interested.

 

Yerim groans. "Oh, you shouldn't have asked that, Seulgi."

 

"She won't stop talking about it." Jungwoo pipes in, amused.

 

Eunhee rolls her eyes. "Since our Seulgi is curious, we have to tell her the whole story." she says teasingly before focusing her attention on Seulgi. "Ancient Arian believe that in the beginning, there was the Sun and there was the Ocean. The Sun was pictured as a masculine God, while the Ocean was feminine."

 

"The Sun created sky as his home and he also created the moon and the stars. While the Ocean created the lands and mountains underwater and all sorts of creatures, big and small." she continues. "The Sun was amazed by the Ocean's creation. He watched her everyday, mesmerized by her shades of blue, her gentle waves, creatures swimming freely in the water. The more he watched, the more he fell in love."

 

"It wasn't unrequited. The Ocean, too, was enamored by the Sun's shade of gold, by the blue sky that was sometimes lighter, sometimes darker than her own, by his warmth. He was always above and out of reach." Eunhee continues to speak and Seulgi, despite the kids' reluctance, was quickly absorbed into the story. "One day, the Sun braved himself to reach out for the Ocean, only to find his hand singed and her parts evaporated because he was hot and she was cold."

 

Eunhee sighs a little, feeling a bit emotional. "So they couldn't touch each other because they'd only hurt one another. They continued to talk, though. The Sun made the clouds so that parts of the Ocean could come up to the sky just for a short while."

 

"But of course it wasn't enough. They pine on each other for years and one day, the Ocean decided she's had enough. She prayed to the cosmic powers, the force of life present in every living being, so that they could meet and touch without hurting each other, even just once. After days and months of praying, the cosmic powers finally answered her prayers and gave them a chance to meet, to touch, and to love. The cosmic powers gave them a temporary body and a temporary place, a small island, so they wouldn't harm each other. The cosmic powers would throw a shooting star across the sky when it's time for them to part."

 

"So they met, The Sun and Ocean in flesh on a lone island. They were happy. They talked, they touched, they loved, they… made love." Eunhee says, stumbling a little over her words which makes Yerim snorts. "Almost like too soon, a shooting star appeared across the sky, yet they didn't want to part. Instead, The Sun kissed the The Ocean and she kept him in her arms even when the cosmic powers started to rage. For the two lovers, parting ways was just unthinkable."

 

"The cosmic powers took their human bodies and in their lack of flesh, The Sun and The Ocean wounded each other. They were so close to death and The Sun begged for the cosmic powers to have mercy on them. He begged and begged until his last breath and finally… the cosmic powers agreed. The Sun and The Ocean became alive once more, but only for a short while. For a fleeting moment, he could come down and be one with The Ocean, but in exchange, he will die everytime. The Sun was caught in a loop of life and death, The Ocean would watch him die in her arms."

 

"During their first death, when their human bodies got taken away, parts of them were torn off as they died. Those parts fell to the sea, some molded with the island, which then became Aria, while other parts formed other islands and the continents." Eunhee explains, "And that is why The Sun rises and sets. He rose to life every morning, and in the evening, he died in his lover's arms."

 

Eunhee finishes her somber story with a gentle smile and Seulgi can't help but lose herself in the romantic tragedy.

 

"Why do all stories that have gods in them are always so tragic?" Yerim murmurs, clearly has lost the charm and wonder of the story.

 

"Because humans love the drama." Seungwoo speaks for the first time with a knowing look on his face.

 

"I think it's a beautiful story." Seulgi confesses. "It's so sad."

 

Jongin arches an eyebrow. "Didn't know you like romance."

 

Seulgi shakes her head. "I don't. I can't stand romance movies." she replies, looking at him. "But I just think the story is lovely."

 

Yerim grimaces. "I think terrible is a more suitable word."

 

"Oh, hush." Eunhee smiles, "The show is starting soon."


 

*


 

Perhaps Seulgi enjoyed the performance more than she thought, even with the old-Arian language that she doesn’t understand. The performers were gushing with passion and emotion, something that transcends through something as immaterial as language-barrier. Seungwan was there as well, performing as the Ocean, and when she sang, Seulgi thought of angels.

 

There's an after-party for the performance and Seulgi quickly finds Seungwan near the dessert table. Seungwan looked like she glows in her blue cocktail dress. Her hair is pinned to the back and in her arms is a big bouquet of flowers. Seulgi also spots Sooyoung, adorned in a dark green dress made of silk with a skirt reaching the floor like a waterfall of fabrics. Beside Sooyoung is a boy in a black suit. His dark hair is pushed back, revealing his forehead and sharp eyes.

 

"Here's the star of the show." Jongin grins as soon as they're close enough.

 

Seungwan blushes. "Stop, you've seen me done it a million times already."

 

"But this is Seulgi's first time and she was mesmerized." Yerim says pointedly, smirking at Seulgi.

 

"I think she actually shed a tear back there." Jungwoo teases.

 

Seulgi feels her face heats up instantly. "I didn't!" she protests, before looking at Seungwan. "But you were amazing back there, you actually made the hair on my arms rose."

 

The singer laughs, shaking her head. “Thank you, Princess Seulgi.” Seungwan smiles prettily.

 

“See? I told you everything will be okay.” Sooyoung pipes in with a proud look on her face before turning to look at Seulgi, her hands on Seungwan’s bare shoulders. “She was actually very nervous today because you’d watch.”

 

“Why would you be nervous because I’m watching? Not when the King himself is also watching you!” Seulgi refutes, shaking her head in disbelief.

 

They share a laugh for a moment before Sooyoung speaks up again. “Oh, Princess Seulgi, this is Sungjae. Yook Sungjae.” she says, introducing the dark haired boy beside her with a shy smile on her face. “Sungjae, this is Princess Seulgi.”

 

The boy, Sungjae, gives Seulgi a smile that could easily win a million hearts. “It’s a great pleasure to finally meet you, Princess Seulgi.” Sungjae says with a polite bow.

 

Seulgi chuckles, “The pleasure is mine, Sungjae.”

 

She can feel Jongin’s eyes on hers before he speaks up. “He’s Sooyoung’s boyfriend.”

 

Sooyoung pouts but Sungjae only laughs and touches Sooyoung’s back ever so slightly. “You enjoy teasing me.” she says, shaking her head at Jongin.

 

“I wasn’t patronizing. I was simply stating the fact.”

 

“You’re making me shy.”

 

But despite Sooyoung’s protest, she didn’t refuse when Sungjae quietly links his hand with hers and then they talked about which food from the buffet they should try first. There’s a faintest hint of smile on Sooyoung’s lips as she talked with Sungjae and he can’t seem to take his eyes off the girl.

 

"Oh, I saw Kyungsoo over there." Seungwan suddenly mutters, looking ahead of them with an unreadable expression on her face.

 

Jongin and Yerim share a knowing look before breaking into identical grins. "Go on, go to your prince charming." Yerim says.

 

"Princess, pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter