​​​​​​​Even if not.

Bubblegum in my shoe

On the fifth day Chorong didn’t show up for punishment or class. In fact, according to what some were whispering, it was the first time in the whole school life of the red-head she was missing.

Chorong was the student that everyone admired, envied or hated. In equal parts. And that day everything seemed chaotic in class. There was no one to answer the questions of the teachers or do her work as the representative.

Bomi had not felt that pair of eyes on her. Those yes that always looked at her with reproach. Judging her. Killing her.

All the silence allowed Bomi to think. As in all the night, the thoughts flooded her mind, caused dark circles. An idea had arrived. But it wasn’t possible, not at least in her world.

Chorong couldn’t be like that.

She took a shortcut to work after the practice and accidentally saw her. Chorong leaving a building.

"Yah! Park Chorong! Wait there." She had to walk faster, because the red-head tried to evade her. "I had to carry out the punishment myself alone, you know? It's not fair."

"I told the teacher that I’d do it this Monday, alone." Chorong continued walking. Bomi accompanied her. "Now you're the one who is following me. It's annoying."

"At least you know how it feels. Do you live in that building?" Bomi asked. Suddenly she was very curious about everything about Chorong. All she knew about the girl was what her classmates said at school.

"Yes. Can you leave me alone?" Chorong suddenly had bright eyes, and it didn’t seem to be because of the streetlights.

"so that’s why you know where I work. You live very close." She ignored both, Chorong's request and the twinge in her chest of guilt. Also because of the deep sadness with which the other girl was watching her.

 

"I said, leave me alone." Chorong stopped suddenly.

"Did anyone tell you that you are very strange? I just want to know if you're okay. They said it's the first time you miss a class in your life" Bomi said, as coolly as she could pretend.

Chorong kept walking, also ignoring what Bomi said.

"My psychologist told me this morning, that there’s something that triggers this behavior. I must get away from you. But it's funny, now it's you who is coming." Chorong said, more to herself, still, Bomi heard her.

"Psychologist? Wait... Hey, are you serious?" Bomi didn’t believe what she was listening to. Was the impeccable Park Chorong in psychological therapy? Was it that much?

"The first step is to apologize to whom I annoyed… I am sorry. So, get lost. Don’t talk to me again and I will not... harass you again." Chorong put on her hood and her hands inside her front pockets, bowed and continued walking solemnly.

 

*** Short and last... Flashback.

"This person seems to be the trigger. But, it may not be the culprit" the psychologist said calmly in his seat next to the couch on which Chorong was leaning. "But, the question here is, do you really want to look for a culprit?"

"W-well, I guess it sounds childish. I’m behaving like a little girl who can’t get what she wants" Realized Chorong.

"Have you thought about what is really what you want to achieve? To who could it affect? Who benefits?" Asked the therapist.

Chorong was silent. She thought that it really wasn’t clear, not like in the beginning. Now everything was weird.

"I thought I knew it. If you had asked me a couple of months ago, I would have had answer quickly." There was another pause. "Now I don’t know. It's just a habit. I don’t even care about my grades anymore. But I must see her, it's as if... that’s an awful word, but... it's like I'm obsessed. Agghh! It’s horrible."

Chorong covered her face with her hands. The therapist was silent, writing notes. Part of his work was done. Chorong must realize by herself.

End of Flashback ***

 

_______

"I thought I was very clear with you." Chorong for the 8th consecutive day had found the shorth-haired girl out of her house. "I'll let the guard know that you're undesirable around here."

"You mean Mr. Chang? He’s very kind to me. In fact, he told me a nice story about his granddaughter..." As a new habit, they walked along the nearby park. It was part of the Chorong therapy. "She's in the Taekwondo team at her school. Mr. Chang even invited me to see the next competition..." Bomi said cheerfully.

"I've read about psychopaths, they are kind to people and can confuse with their innocent appearance. I can recommend you with my psychologist if you want." Chorong cocked her head.

"Do I look innocent? You haven’t even seen me doing aegyo. It's deadly, some say" Bomi said confidently.

"You must go to work. Go away" Chorong said sharply. But far from being offended, Bomi nodded happily.

"Right." She turned around to go in the opposite direction of the Chorong tour. "Park Chorong, the audition is tomorrow. I wait you there. I'll send you the address by phone." said before leave.

"What? Why would I go?... and how the hell did you get my number?" Chorong said hurriedly, before Bomi continued her way.

"Oh... you're not the only one with obsessive features." Bomi smirked, but Chorong was frowning about her bad joke. "Naeun gave it to me... or, should I say, that clumsy girl forgot her phone and I found it. Then I returned it, of course." Bomi continued, trying to fix the situation.

"DUMB" Chorong said and her heels. What Bomi didn’t see is that the red-head was smiling at the thought of seeing her dance again.

"That’s how you like me” Bomi told herself, watching Chorong walk away. "I know."

 

 

 

É Finito~

 


*A/N: I ended loving this ty FF, hehe. This emerged while I’m writing a longer one. And as an apology, for missing so much time, I promised a 'soon', but I have already erased two or three that didn’t convince me. Probably nobody cares, but I’m this way. Yeeyy such a weirdo! :D!

I've been listening to Latino Pop songs lately and there's one that inspired this. The main song was “Paty Cantu- Goma de Mascar” means 'bubblegum' or ‘chewing gum’ is about a crazy but realistic love. That person is totally opposite and her/his actions are driving her mad, but anyway she loves it.

See you soon with another work. Noe needs to sleep, get a nice tan and socialize more often to be ‘cool for the summer’.

Told y’all. A weirdo. *