I had enough.

Bubblegum in my shoe

The third day of punishment was attended as usual. Bomi endured more of Chorong's annoying complaints, but Bomi as she had finally dominated after a couple of months of knowing her ignored her. As soon as they finished everything, she looked at her watch and ran away.

Bomi didn’t give up, her dream was to be a professional dancer. Her parents didn’t accept it, but it wasn’t important. She had reached an agreement with her mother, if she managed not to be expelled from that school and reached the minimum grade she would let her practice, as long as her father didn’t find it out. He was one of those parents plated in the old way.

Soon they would have an audition for one of the most famous dance groups. Which had made Chorong double her attempts to stop her. That incident that caused the current punishment was a great coincidence.

Now it was late. When she turned the corner, she knew someone was following her. It wasn’t necessary to guess who it was. So, she bent down to tie her sneakers, gave a breath and ran off at full speed.

After practicing as usual, Chorong was waiting for her. Sometimes she didn’t even say anything, but she had the face of ‘You should be studying’ or ‘I’ll kill you someday while you sleep’.

"Don’t you get tired? How do you keep your grades if you follow me like this?" Bomi asked on the way to the bus stop.

"I bring my books with me. Do you plan to devote to this? Do you think you'll be fine as a dancer? what's the possibility of make a living of it with all the actual industry? I mean, out there are a lot of unemployed or low paid dancers..." Chorong asked back. The tone with which she said it reminded her of what her father said too many times, to even count.

"Tsk... that's not your bussiness! It’s what I chose" the dancer replied sullenly.

"You're right. I don’t care, but if you don’t improve your grades it will affect me. Take this." Chorong pulled a notebook out of her backpack. "Make sure you read it at least. I reached an agreement with the professor, if I manage to you to get at least an 8 I will be free of you. I took the trouble to study in advance the whole semester during the holidays, those are my precious notes."

Bomi was amazed. The whole semester? How much of a book worm was this girl? Is really that a life? Could that be called a holiday?

"Oh no! Just when I was getting used to my 'sasaeng' fan." Bomi said checking the notebook. "Thanks for your good wishes, but I can’t take it." She returned the notebook.

"Are you crazy? I doubt you're studying properly. Surely now youre going to your part-time job and you'll come back home late and tired!" Late she realized she over-talked. Bomi's face was showing annoyance like never seen.

"Have you been following me?! Are you crazy or something?" her voice came out as bullets, making all the people around turned to see them.

"N-it's not what it seems. I... I know the pharmacy manager where you work." Chorong was red as a tomato.

"Huh? Park Chorong you’re scaring me. There are limits to everything, you know?" Bomi continued walking, avoiding the people’s sights.

“I had enough of you. You, following me everywhere, ordering me what to do, watching me close... I don’t remember asking you to do that” Bomi finally exploded once she got to her bus station.

"What do you want me to do?! I don’t even know! You are the first question I can’t answer. The first person to act as... just as you!" yelled Chorong.

“There you go again! Blaming me as if you’re the only doing right!” Bomi snapped. “Can’t you see? You’re not perfect, nobody is! I don’t want to live like you, as a machine. I should had stop you that time, you’re insane”

Chorong was petrified. Inside of her head something popped up.

She called a taxi and got on. "I HATE YOU, YOON BOMI." She closed the door, leaving Bomi even more confused.

 

*** Flashback

"Yoon Bomi. This time you’ve gone too far. You are lucky that your father's flight is delayed. Trying to escape at midnight?!" Mrs. Yoon's voice sounded more fearsome than ever to her daughter's ears.

Bomi had tried to leave after the curfew imposed by her family, because her friends thought that the only suitable place to practice without discomfort, would be the park after midnight. It was a desperate measure in the face of the constant evictions they suffered from any place they decided to practice. They only knew that certain anonymus ruined their plans... and they tought it was the rival's boycott. 

"I thought I told you about the limits. I can stand that you go around with that 'stage' of rebellious girl. But honestly, I’ve endured too much."

Bomi's heart ached because of her mother's disappointed tone, but at the same time her anger at calling her vocation "a stage" was covering her ears little by little.

"Mom, we were just going to practice!" Bomi replied.

"Under-aged kids, in a park after midnight? What do you think the police would do? Surely, they would take them home and you would once again embarrass your father and me."

That was enough for Bomi. Tears threatened to get out, but the sound of a door opening stopped her from answering to her mother. It was her father, he had returned. They pretended to have wanted to surprise him.

The next day, her groupmates seemed to have a dark aura around them. They had been through the same thing. Hella annoyed parents ordering them to stop 'this nonsense kid's game'.

"So? Was your mother's scolding enough?" Said Chorong, who was standing with her arms crossed in front of the classroom door, after the break.

"Was it you?!" Just at that moment the teacher hurried them to the classroom, fortunately, because all the rude bad words she had heard or learned were on the tip of her tongue.

End of Flashback ***

 


*A/N: I’m an adult now, but there’s some scars in my mind my parent’s courtesy about my ‘stages’. Being a teenager is a nightmare.

Whatever, time passes, you grow up, you’ll find your way. ^^

Chapter 4/6 out~ *