Best Friends

Closer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dara woke up at 5am and had a quick shower before going to the Ortho residents’ callroom. She found Jiyong sleeping in front of the computer. She checked the files if it was complete and thankfully, it was. She looked at him. Even under a dim light, his facial features were really good. His skin was flawless. The small mole under his left eye is kind of cute, she thought. His nose was pointed and his lips looked warm. His mouth was slightly opened and she laughed quietly at the sight. She looked closely. She saw the stubbles growing above his upper lip. Well, that’s hot. She thought to herself when suddenly Jiyong opened his eyes. “Yes, I am hot, Dara....” Dara was shocked and almost fell straight to him. “Are you taking advantage of me?” Jiyong asked while yawning. “You know that I can give you what you want if you just ask...nicely?” He grinned.

 

“YAAAH! What a jerk!” Dara said defensively. She could feel her cheek reddening from embarrassment. How come he heard my thoughts? She turned around to avoid his eyes. He held her shoulders, pulled her closer gently.

 

“I know you have a good reputation here, Dara. But if you really cannot control yourself, I can keep secrets just for you. Hmm. You smell good,” Jiyong continued teasing her. “We still have more than half an hour to do THINGS...” he winked at her when she tried to look at him.

 

“Stop it, Doc! You talk as if you’re drunk. Are you drunk?” Dara accused him.

 

“Oh, Dara. I am sober. Tell me. Were you going to kiss me? Or did you already kiss me?” Jiyong's smile became wider.

 

“In your dreams. Get out of my way, doc! I will print the census so I can go home early,” Dara focused on the screen.

 

“Oh, It’s Sunday. So you endorse-then-leave. Okaaay. I’ll stop teasing you, tomato. Do you want to eat breakfast with me?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Doc, don’t you remember? You are on duty today! You cannot leave the hospital premises,” Dara matter-of-factly said.

 

“Who’s the intern for today?” Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

 

“I am, Dr. Kwon,” Bom suddenly appeared. “I decided to go early for endorsement. Daesung threatened me last night. He told me to be on time or else...” Bom looked nervously at Jiyong. “Whate

Please log in to read the full chapter