The First Surgery

Closer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Doctor Kwon! I am Medical Intern Dara and I am your second assist in the first Ortho Surgery today. I am already inside the Operating Room however the plates are not with me. I was looking for it before I went here but couldn’t find it. Sorry!” Dara texted Jiyong.

 

Her phone rang.

 

“Hello, doctor?” Dara answered.

 

“Dara, I will meet you in front of Male’s Dressing Room. I will give you the plates and prepare the Operating Room as soon as possible. The nurses should be there. Ask for their assistance. Arasso?” Jiyong said while climbing up the stairs.

 

They met in front of the dressing room and Jiyong handed the plates.

 

“Gamsahamnida seonsangnim,” Dara said shyly,

 

“Welcome. By the way, drop the honorifics. We’re of the same age. See you inside, I’ll just get changed,” Jiyong said swiftly.

 

Dara was taken by surprise. She felt her heart beat doubled. She went inside and became anxious knowing that her first surgical assist was about to start. She was busy recalling the patient’s case when an arm suddenly wrapped around her shoulders.

 

“Hey, intern. First blood! Did you study?” Jiyong whispered to her ear.

 

“Ah.. Y-yes, doc. I tried to,” Dara, in shock, said shyly.

 

“Let me try, what’s the case?”

 

“The patient has degenerative athritis and is for Total Hip Replacement today”

 

“Let’s go to the basics. What are the blood vessels involved in the case?”

 

“Medial and lateral femoral circumflex arteries, doctor.”

 

“What is the origin of posterior tibial artery?”

 

“Popliteal artery, sir.” Dara answered ner

Please log in to read the full chapter