Chapter 5

My Dearest Love

Chapter 5

 

Jiyong paced back and forth inside of Hyuna’s room. Hyuna watched him do so with much irritation as she sat on the bed with her arms crossed against her chest. For some reason he seemed to be very upset.

 

If anything Hyuna believed she has the right to be upset. Her eyes examined his facial expressions with much irritation. She turned her head away with a small exhale of breath.

 

“Ok, ok,” Jiyong said as soon as he calmed himself down. He looked directly at Hyuna as she turned back to look at him. “Can you explain to me what just happened out there? What were you thinking? You weren’t thinking that’s what it was.” 

 

Hyuna scoffed, standing up from the bed. Hyuna stepped up to Jiyong, she backed into the wall, trapping him where she wanted him. “I wasn’t thinking? Did you forget the woman you love? My best friend, Hara. Was that girl so pretty that you’ve forgotten Hara, huh?” 

 

Jiyong smiled cunningly. The bold move made Hyuna fume. They were staring eye to eye, almost nose to nose but Hyuna was a bit shorter than Jiyong was. 

 

“Are you jealous?” Jiyong asked. 

 

The question caused a outburst of laughter from Hyuna. Jiyong was a bit confused. 

 

“You thought I was jealous?” Hyuna said as she continued to laugh. “Please. I’m here to protect my best friend and if that means I have to chase that chick away, by all means I will do what it takes. And also this is what you’re paying me for. So don’t forget it.” 

 

Hyuna stepped back, plopping down onto her bed. “You can leave my room now.” 

 

Jiyong scoffed. “Fine. New rule. Don’t kiss me again.” 

 

“Deal.” Hyuna sat up slightly. Jiyong was still in the room. Her head tilt slightly to the side. “Now.” 

 

Jiyong his heels. He opened the door to his room and it shut with a loud slam behind him. 

 

Hyuna fell back onto the bed. She groaned, rubbing her face in frustration. “Hara, when will you return? Your fiancé is a pain in my .” 

 

There was a knock at the door. Hyuna sat up. It wasn’t coming from the door that combined her and Jiyong’s bedrooms. It was coming from the other door. Hyuna quickly ran towards the door. Her hand twisted the door knob. The door slowly opened as the pulled it towards her. Outside, she saw the delicate smile of Madam Kwon.

 

“Madam,” Hyuna bowed politely. 

 

“Grandma,” Madam Kwon corrected. “I just wanted you to come down for breakfast with us.” 

 

“Us?” 

 

Madam Kwon nodded. “My family will always eat together.” 

 

Hyuna smiled at that but it began to falter. She realized this would never be her real family. Madam Kwon looked so happy. Her happiness was so sincere, it made Hyuna feel guilty about lying to her. 

 

“Grandma, I,” Hyuna looked down at her clothing. She was still in Jiyong’s clothes. “My belongings are still at my apartment.” Another lie but Hyuna couldn’t have Madam Kwon know that she was living in a hotel. “I don’t have any other clothes to wear.” 

 

“Well its a good thing I prepared some,” Madam Kwon beamed. 

 

Hyuna’s jaw almost dropped by how fast Madam Kwok replied. She had to stop herself from making such an expression. Hyuna only smiled, grateful for Madam Kwon’s kindness. 

 

Breakfast was quiet. Hyuna didn’t dare to look up after the incident she caused in front of everyone this morning. She could feel Mrs. Kwon’s eyes burning holes at her. Everyone are quietly through the awkward silence. 

 

“Jiyong, Jin-ri hasn’t eaten much during our long trip, please put some food on her plate,” Eunju said. 

 

Hyuna took the initiative and did as Mrs. Kwon said. She placed some scrambled eggs and meats onto Jin-ri’s empty plate. Jiyong stares at Hyuna as she did so. Eunju was starting to fume. Jin-ri chuckled uncomfortably as Hyuna finished. 

 

“Thank you...” Jin-ri said quietly picking away at the eggs.

 

“It’s my honor to take care of my guests,” Hyuna said with a fake smile. “Please eat.” Hyuna turned to Jiyong. “Jiyongie, you promised me that I’d get my belongings moved. When can we do that?” 

 

“I’m a bit busy, dear,” Jiyong said with so much emphasis on the word ‘dear.’ “Maybe another day.” 

 

Hyuna pouted. “It’s ok. I’ll ask Seungri to help me.” 

 

“Enough!” Eunju shouted. “Nobody is moving anything into my home. Especially for someone who doesn’t belong here.” 

 

“Eunju,” Hyunsuk said. “Not right now.” 

 

“If not now, when?” Eunju scoffed. “You don’t even have a place at this table.” 

 

“Mother, I understand that you’re upset with me—“ 

 

“I’m not your mother,” Eunju said with so much disgust. 

 

“Eunju.” This time it was Madam Kwon that spoke. “Have you ever heard the saying ‘If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all?’” It was meant as a warning. 

 

“Mother I—“ 

 

“Not another word. Eat.”

 

Hyuna smiled at bit. Madam Kwon was defending her. 

 

The rest of breakfast went by fast. Once the servants and maids began cleaning up the table, everyone went on their own paths. Eunju glared at Hyuna before leaving with Jin-ri and her parents. 

 

Hyuna watched as Jiyong sat up and walked away without a word. She was the last to leave the table, offering to help clean but none of the servants allowed her to, saying it was not appropriate and that they didn’t want to get in trouble. 

 

There was no other place for her in the mansion besides her bedroom. So back as went. To her surprise she saw Jin-ri standing in the same hall as her. At the end of the hall was her bedroom. 

 

Jin-ri looked at Hyuna with innocent eyes. Such an innocent face, Hyuna thought. There was no denying this girl’s beauty. She stared at Hyuna while her lips were quivering as if she wanted to speak. Hyuna began to walk past her, uninterested if there was nothing to say.

 

“You’re the woman Jiyong loves, right?” Jin-ri asked. 

 

Hyuna didn’t speak a single word. Instead, she nodded in response when she turned back to meet Jin-ri’s eyes. 

 

“I’m falling in love with him,” Jin-ri admitted. Her eyes fell to her feet. She was afraid of Hyuna’s response and her reaction. 

 

“Why are you telling me this?” Hyuna asked. 

 

Jin-ri looked up, afraid to look Hyuna in the eyes. She sighed before speaking again. “If I take him from you what will you do?” 

 

“I can’t let you do that.” 

 

“If one day he falls in love with me, will you be ok?” 

 

“Will you be ok?” Hyuna asked. “Knowing that if he falls out of love with me, it was because you ruined a relationship for your own selfishness.” 

 

“I’m sorry. I love him.” 

 

“That’s all you have to say to me?” Hyuna scoffed. “Jin-ri we don’t know each other very well. If you love Jiyong as much as you say you do, you won’t get in the way of his happiness.” 

 

“What makes you think you’re his happiness?” Eunju said as she came down the hallway. 

 

Hyuna mentally slapped herself. Great, just what she needed. Eunju would side with Jin-ri for sure. She looked down and closed her eyes as her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. Hyuna prepared herself for the worse to come at this very moment. It wasn’t a secret or a surprise that Eunju wasn’t very fond of her. 

 

“Is there a reason why you won’t accept me?” Hyuna asked. She lifted her eyes up meeting with Eunju. “Am I really that repulsive to you?” 

 

Eunju smirked. “You don’t belong here. No matter how hard you try, I will never accept you. What ever you do it will never be enough.” 

 

“I understand well.” 

 

“Do you?” 

 

“I do but whether you accept me or not won’t matter as long as Jiyong does.” 

 

“You’re thick-headed!” Eunju shouted. “Jin-ri, let’s go.” 

 

Jin-ri and Eunju left Hyuna standing alone in the hallway. Hyuna let out a breath. She’s never been treated this way in her life. It wasn’t right. It hurt but it couldn’t hurt more than what Hyuna was already going through. She’d take it for Hara. After this, it will pay off for Hara’s happiness with Jiyong. 

 

Hyuna went into her room. She shut the door behind her then looked to the door to Jiyong’s room. She stormed inside Jiyong’s room where he slept on his bed. 

 

“Busy, my ,” Hyuna said walking over to Jiyong. “Yah! Get up! I want my stuff!” 

 

Jiyong opened one eye and saw Hyuna. He immediately closed it and threw a pillow over his head. 

 

Hyuna’s jaw dropped at Jiyong’s move. She clenched her teeth before climbing onto the bed. “Jiyong! I! Have! Nothing! To! Wear!” 

 

Jiyong removed the pillow for second. “Is that really a problem?” A smug smirk curved on his lips. 

 

Hyuna kicked him off the bed. Jiyong landed with a soft thud on the ground. He quickly stood up, annoyed. He threw Hyuna an expression of anger but it didn’t phase her one bit. Hyuna raised a brow and smirked in amusement. “Are you ok, honey?” Hyuna asked, smiling victorious.

 

Jiyong stole a quick kiss, surprising Hyuna. “All better, baby.” 

 

“What the hell?!” Hyuna wiped her lips furiously with the back of her hand. “You said not to kiss you anymore!” 

 

“But I didn’t say I couldn’t kiss you,” Jiyong leaned in again and Hyuna pushed him away with her palm against his face. 

 

“Try it again and I’ll bruise that face of yours,” Hyuna threatened. 

 

“The face that Hara loves? You wouldn’t dare.” He was provoking her on purpose. It was fun, kind of. Hyuna was interesting to Jiyong. 

 

“I want Seungri!” 

 

“Don’t worry you can have him after Hara comes back,” Jiyong said plopping back onto his bed beside Hyuna. Hyuna looked down at him with annoyance in her expression. He smiled back at her, blowing her a kiss. 

 

Hyuna threw her fist into Jiyong’s abdomen. “You’re annoying!” She hopped off the bed as Jiyong crouched in pain. 

 

He slowly regained composure and smiled as Hyuna slammed the door. She was something alright. 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. A bit short? Well I’ll try to update as much as I can with my schedule.