The Underdog

Cage Of Eden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung opened her eyes slowly. The pain immediately hit her from the back to the front of her head, making her groan in pain. Everything was blurred, but sooner, her eyes saw clearly, and the view below her showed deadly. 

 

"WHOA?!" She screamed. Feeling urges to cry. 

 

She felt something tying her arms tightly, holding her from falling into the abyss below her feet. She was hanging from a string, making her face a view full of trees. 

 

"Hey... What is this?! How'd I get here?!" Chaeyoung asked furiously, with few tears of fear showing up in her eyes. 

 

She heard a crack above her. She looked up, she was hanging on a branch not so thick from a huge tree, but this one was clearly giving up on holding Chaeyoung. 

 

Instead of questioning no one, the cub analyzed the situation, realizing she had the save ground just behind her, and that if she was able to place her feet on it, she'd be saved from falling.

 

'Someone came up and hit me from behind...' Chaeyoung tried to remember. 

 

She held her breath once her left foot touched the edge of the mountain. She knew it will be difficult to fully stand on it, and the branch that was holding her, was also threatening her life.

 

"Don't move much... It's ivy... it'll tear, Son Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung immediately turned as much as she could to see the source of the voice. But to her surprise, instead of finding a regular person, she found a masked male dressed like a business man. His mask was made of wood and it had red paint all over it. It looked like some type of cannibal mask.  

 

Chaeyoung was only able to see his small eyes and his big mouth, which were the only thing the mask wasn't covering. 

 

To say she wasn't scared was a lie. She was terrified. But she had to act strongly, she had to be strong at that moment. 

 

"Wha... you're the bastard! You hit me! You ing hit me!" She shouted at him. The masked man was acting like nothing had happened, and that made Chaeyoung way angrier. "Hey! What are you going to do with me?!"

 

He, instead of answering, picked up a stone from the floor and stamped it back to the ground with all his force, breaking a side in pieces. 

 

"What are you doing, you bastard?!" 

 

"Breaking up some stone..." he answered like it was a normal thing in the world.

 

"Damn this ... with his weird mask..." Chaeyoung gritted her teeth.

 

She quickly examined his mask, remembering that there was a store in the airport selling those types of souvenir stuff. Chaeyoung tried to remember meeting a guy wearing a suit back in the airport, but she is an idol, she has to expect a potential part of society knowing her. 

 

"Who are you...? What's your name...?" She questioned him. 

 

He left out a soft laugh and faced to her direction.

 

"Hades... I'm the lord Hades." He answered with a very dominant tone. 

 

Chaeyoung cringed a bit, but her curiosity kept growing.

 

"Those are assorted matters! This isn't a joke, so hurry up and let me down!" She demanded him, but he responded quickly.

 

"If I let you down, you won't learn your lesson." 

 

Lesson?! What lesson?! What the hell?! Chaeyoung thought. 

 

"Get over yourself, you bastard!" Chaeyoung closed her eyes for a second, trying to calm herself down. If she continues being aggressive, that strange man will probably get aggressive too. "Doing this stuff in this kind of place... we survived after so much trouble... you're just adding more trouble! let me down so we all can go to the beach and wait till someone brings us home!" 

 

"Nah." He said. 

 

"Huh?"  

 

"You're going to die here." He started to raise his voice. "And not just you. Everyone will  die here!" His voice trembled.

 

Chaeyoung definitely didn't want to believe that crap. 

 

"A-re you an idiot? That kind of thing can never-" 

 

"It can be done. It can be done without fail. But... I've been wrong before." He mumbled. She frowned. 

 

All of the sudden, the masked man started laughing loudly, frightening the small woman way more. 

 

"I AM ALL POWEFUL! I'M SURVIVI

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter