The Law of the Jungle

Cage Of Eden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"An unmapped island?!" Dahyun shouted, shocked by the revelation her manager just gave her. 

 

The manager surprisingly had a laptop that could be charged manually, with an expensive battery she brought a while ago. With that, she was showing the pale younger girl a piece of the map close to where Japan is localized. 

 

"The plane fell with in 48 kilometers of this point." She pointed some point at the ocean, not that close to Japan. "No matter how much I look for it, there is no sign of this tiny island." She revealed to Dahyun. 

 

"Not on the map... but the fact is we're here!" Dahyun insisted to her unnie.

 

"It's not that I don't want to believe it, Dahyunnie!" Sadness unnie insisted that her theory was correct, after all, she was really smart with geography. In everything in general, as she was trained to protect and help lead the girls after all. 

 

"You've gotta be joking! You just overlooked it!" But as silly as it is, Dahyun couldn't believe her and took her unnie's laptop to confirm it.

 

'The hell is manager unnie saying anyway... it's all gonna be all right... some aid's gonna come and rescue us soon...-' Dahyun's thoughts were interrupted by a folder in the computer, 'An encyclopedia of extinct animals...' 

 

Her eyes widened when she recognized one picture of the large bird they just had to escape from before. 

 

'The mystery bird Diatryma that was supposed to have gone extinct 50,000,000 years ago...' she read the Diatryma's part of it's biography. 'That wasn't the only one either...' Dahyun also observed pictures of other weird animals similar to some animals in actuality. 'An unmapped island... Animals that should be extinct...' 

 

"Hey Dahyun... I'm a person that doesn't believe in unscientific things, however... this island... is a bit odd." The manager confessed to the younger. 

 

"Hey! Hey! Was this... really just a plane crash?"

 

'Give me a hint already...' the younger craved while holding the laptop in her shaky hands.

 

"Dahyunnie..." the young girl heard a voice behind her, "It's cruel... this kind of... THIS IS TOO MUCH! TODAY I WAS GOING TO VISIT MY FAMILY!" Momo fell on her knees crying while pulling her hair in despair. Dahyun truly didn't know how to react to that, she've never seen her unnie so scared and frustrated. Not even in during Sixteen.

 

"Momo unnie..." Dahyun approached her and hugged her tight, reciprocated right away by the older.  In reality the younger wanted to break in tears, as now, of all three, she was the one more scared.

 

The night came unexpectedly after hours of getting over the Diatryma's attack, figuring out of how they ended there, and cries of nervousness. 

 

The manager groaned, "no choice... we'll rest today. When it gets lighter, we'll look for other people." She ordered both girls and they nodded, ready to rest after a very rough day. 

---------------------

 

The next day the sun pierced the trees' leaves, bringing such a nice view for whoever was now napping with their face up. The young girl sighed, and stood up. She started walking again, with a sharply-edged stick on her hand for the purpose of defense against any strange situation. After minutes of passing through some trees, she sighed and started her routine. 

 

"Anyone out there?!" She shouted without hope. She's been alone since she had conscience, and she hasn't seen a single human since she woke up being in the middle of an interminable jungle. "Heeey! Anyone!" She coughed after exclaiming the last word. Her voice had damaged after a few days of not doing anything but screaming or looking for other survivors, and still no one could hear her. But what definitely gave her hope to keep the stupidity is that someone replied back with another scream, a male scream. 

 

She ran to where it came, but there wasn't any traces of the man, instead footprints of a bird that had big feet for the short haired girl's opinion.

 

She took a rock from the floor and marked a tree with a little arrow that shows the direction she may continue. She’s been doing that trick since she first figured out where she was. The marks helped her know she wasn't walking in stupid circles. Good thing was that she used to watch lots of tv shows that kind of showed her how to survive, and actually, the marking trees’ method could help any survivor who also was trying to find other people. But still with her knowledge of basic survival, her situation was too much for a growing girl that lived her entire life without issues.

 

Another essential fact clear in her mind is that humans need food and most important; water. The girl was totally starving not to mention her thirst, which was slowly killing her. 

 

Suddenly, a crack below her, panicked the girl's nerves. She looked down and immediately looked up again. Her stomach stirred and she became a little bit dizzy. She wanted to vomit or at least to scream, but just a weird sound similar to a whine came from . The poor young girl saw three bodies rotting in the floor with some organs and bones out to the sight of the not-anymore innocent girl. 

They seemed to be devoured by a tiger or worse, by something the short haired girl couldn't even imagine; one of the bodies was of a male man probably in his 30 who now had a big hole in the middle of his belly, showing all his smelly organs and the still fresh blood. The other bodies were worse. The gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter