Fever

Cage Of Eden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A touch. A light touch. A light touch on her cheek woke her up. She blinked twice and found someone that she thought she will never see again. She couldn't help but let a weak smile form on her fleshy lips. The beautiful girl in front of her eyes smiled warmly, with tears sliding down through her delicate porcelain skin that had some bruises from the accident both experienced. 

 

"I finally found you... my love..." The girl stuttered while caressing the younger girl's cheek. 

 

"Mina..." Chaeyoung smiled, slowly raising her hand to clean away the Japanese's tears. "You look so pretty even when you cry." She confessed with a chuckle. 

 

Mina blushed a bit and smiled shyly. The happiness and relief the Japanese woman was feeling somehow exhausted her, as before, her emotions were tense, due to the thought of her lover dead. 

 

"I'm hungry, unnie." Chaeyoung groaned in pain as she tried to stand up but the latter refused to even let the younger think about it.

 

"It's okay, my love... I think we can get some food somewhere." She said while caressing the face of her younger lover who she had to hide over months from the conservative society they used to live in.

 

"Mina... just a moment ago... I-I saw dead bodies in-" 

 

"It's okay. You're away from them now." The older replied with a half smile. It was true. Chaeyoung couldn't see the dead bodies anymore as gratefully her girlfriend dragged her away from that traumatic sight.

 

Chaeyoung hugged her girlfriend tightly, and started to sob. Mina responded the same way, but without sobbing, instead, she just left all her tears drop through her face as she didn't want to influence her lover's cry with more crying, Both lovers soothed themselves as the time passed by. Mina at some point calmed down, but her girlfriend was another case. 

 

"Stop crying, baby. It don't worth it." 

 

"It does!" Chaeyoung yelled still wrapped in Mina's embrace. "Where the are we?!"

 

"The plane crash was a miracle, sweetie. That's all I know." Mina responded slowly, it seemed something was bothering deeply her mind. 

 

"What exactly happened, Mina?" Chaeyoung was serious, and Mina knew it. When her Chaengie does not call her by 'Minari' she knew the younger was deeply serious.

 

After seconds of Mina trying to find correct words to explain her girlfriend what exactly happened, the girl sighed, and stuttering responded:

 

"I-I think we should look for the airplane, it had to crash somewhere close." Mina stood up, offering her hand to help the other do the same.

 

Chaeyoung took it without hesitating, standing up thanks to the help of her beloved. She still was a little bit dizzy due to exhaustion, but Mina managed to help keep her girlfriend's feet on the ground. 

 

"I'm so tired." She cooed.

 

"What exactly happened to you?" Mina asked, starting walking along Chaeyoung. 

 

"I don't know. I woke up alone. I was so scared when I woke up, I thought I was dead... but thankfully I didn't get serious injuries. I have a few bruises on my abdomen and legs though, and my jeans got wripped." Chaeyoung complained. Then, she remembered something that threatened her life during her period alone in the jungle, and didn't hesitate to mention it to Mina. "And... there was something... an animal, I'm not sure if that was an animal or a monster..." Chaeyoung wrinkled her face.

 

"What was it?" Mina asked completely focused on her girlfriend's story. 

 

Chaeyoung took seconds to respond. The small girl felt goosebumps all around her body just remembering that beast she face to face saw a day ago.

 

"A tiger... i-it was like a tiger but bigger, and its canines were hella long, not to mention its muscles... damn, I wish I could be that fit." Chaeyoung chuckled at her own dumb joke. "The thing is that it was eating another big animal. I couldn't see what it was, there was too much blood." Chaeyoung spat saliva when she remembered that disgusting view. "It was terrifying, I ran away before it could see me." 

 

"So you say that we're literally around the perimeter of some dangerous big tiger?" Mina said, panicked.  Chaeyoung nodded, scared as well.

 

"We need to get out of here quickly." 

 

Both girls continued their way with the clear fact that there was a dangerous animal on the prowl of any kind of eatable thing it could find. 

————————————-

 

The sun's rays woke Dahyun up. She stretched herself right there, hearing her whole back spine crack since she slept on the rough ground for too long. But thankfully the girl slept well, getting the hours of sleep she deserved. 

 

"I slept well." She yawned. She looked at the side where Momo was supposed to be sleeping, finding no one. "Momo-unnie?" She called.

 

She looked to the other side and saw her manager sleeping, not minding anything at that moment, and Dahyun decided not to disturb her.

 

"Aw, jeez, where'd she-..." 

 

Dahyun suddenly remembered how the night before Momo was feeling horrible. After she peed on herself, she didn't stop crying, fearful and ashamed at the same time. But there was something Momo was mumbling before Dahyun went to sleep.

 

Flashback 

 

Dahyun's head moved from side to side trying to get some sleep. The three females were now in the hole of the tree they used to protect themselves from the Diatryma. The saber-tooth-tiger they just saw that day completely freaked them out, specially after that warning the tiger gave the three girls by killing the Diatryma with just one violent bite. Dahyun turned her head a little, and saw Momo trembling while hugging her legs on a corner. The older girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter