Chapter 19 "I love you too?"

Being A Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week later.

“Helly, can we eat lunch later… just the two of us?”

“Why?  Is there something wrong?”

“No offense to your boyfriend, I just don’t want to see that hideous frog… at least for today.”

Hannah slumped back to her chair with an annoyed look.

“You’ve been bickering with him, since like forever… can you just ignore him?”

“That’s the problem, I can’t ignore him! Everytime I see him, he just makes me mad… with that flirtatious attitude, arrogance, immaturity… he cares too much, and he meddles too much… he’s just… Aish..!”

Hannah pouted and placed both of her hands under her chin.

Hellen just listened to her “frustrations”, while smiling at her all the time.

“Hanny, don’t get mad… but, don’t you think you’re not really mad at him?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m gonna ask you some questions, just answer me ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Okay?”

Hannah looked at her with a puzzled look, but gave her a nod in response.

“You can’t be at ease, whenever he’s around.”

“Yes.”

“You feel something’s lacking, if he’s not around.”

“Yes?”

“You can’t stand seeing him giving his attention to other people, especially whenever he’s with you?”

“Y-Yes...”

Hellen beamed at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Isn’t it obvious, Hanny? You’re starting to like him… ‘Like-like’ him...”

Hellen gestured like making a quote in the air with her fingers, and then smiled at her.

“That’s ridiculous!”

“You said yes to all of my questions, which means that you’re starting to like him.”

“No, Helly..! That can’t be! I can never like a frog, I’m even afraid of real frogs!”

Hannah rolled her eyes at her.

“Then, why can’t you be at ease, whenever he’s around? Why do you feel something’s lacking, if he’s not around? Why can’t you stand seeing him giving his attention to other people, ESPECIALLY whenever he’s with you?”

“It’s just that… it’s because I… it’s-“

“Are you going to keep on denying it?”

“I can’t like him, Helly… It’s impossible! He… can’t handle this…”

Hannah stood up and hover her hands on her body.

Hellen just looked at her, as she’s holding back her smile.

“You’re the one who’s being ridiculous, Hanny.”

Hannah covered her face with her hands, out of embarrassment.

“I don’t like him, Helly… I can never like him.”

“Keep on telling yourself that… Be a denial queen.”

“I am not! You-”

Hannah was about to slap Hellen’s left shoulder, but Hellen ran away while laughing at her.

They kept on running around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter