Alternative Ending: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

White Light

Seulgi couldn’t believe it’s been a year since that day. Seulgi still feels like she’s dreaming, that there’s no way life could have played out like that. Seulgi’s heart is racing with excitement as she gets dressed. She puts on a blue dress, and white sandals, does her make up, and leaves her hair down in loose waves. She grabs the flowers that she bought yesterday, and hid under her bed, glad that they didn’t die.

 

Red Velvet just finished touring, and are taking a break. Seulgi was lucky enough to be granted a trip with no cameras. A break just for her and-

 

“Hey, Seulgi! Your ride is here!” Irene calls from the other room.

 

“Okay!”

 

Seulgi grabs her suitcase, and makes her way to the front door. She says goodbye to Irene, and Joy on her way out. They decided to have a staycation. Yeri left yesterday to California for a week. Seulgi throws her suitcase into the back of the car, and gets in the back seat.

 

Seulgi can’t hold in her excitement on her way to the airport. Her fingers fidgeting at light speed. When she finally gets to the airport, she can barely keep herself from running. She makes it to her terminal, and looks around.

 

“There she is,” Seulgi giggles under her breath.

 

Seulgi runs up to a girl sitting at the terminal, and immediately throws her arms around her. The girl jumps out of shock, but hugs back once she realizes it’s Seulgi. She presses her face into Seulgi’s neck, “Hey, Seul.”


Seulgi starts tearing up, “Happy one year anniversary. I got you flowers.” Seulgi stands, and hands the girl the flowers.

 

“They’re beautiful, thank you,” she laughs, and stands up to caress Seulgi’s cheek, “I love you, Seulgi.”

 

“I love you, too, Wendy.”

 

Wendy kisses Seulgi, both of them smiling on each other’s lips. They haven’t been able to get enough of each other since the day Wendy woke up.

 

Seulgi cried into Wendy, begging her to wake up. Seulgi heard everybody gasp behind her, and felt a soft hand on hers.

 

“Seulgi…” a tiny whisper echoed in Seulgi’s chest. Seulgi looked up, and saw Wendy looking back, a small smile on her face.

 

Seulgi’s breaths become exasperated as she tries to process that Wendy is looking at her, that Wendy said her name.

 

“Wendy. Wendy, I can’t believe-” Seulgi can’t find any words to say.

 

“Seulgi,” Wendy struggles out. After not talking for a year, her vocal chords need a little warming up, “I heard what you said.”

 

“Oh, uhm. I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you under better circumstances, but-”

 

Wendy shakes her head, “Come closer.”

 

Seulgi bends down until she’s centimeters away from Wendy’s face. Wendy slowly reaches her hand up, and gently presses the side of Seulgi’s face, wiping away Seulgi’s tears with her thumb. “Thank you for believing in me. I love you, too,” she gives Seulgi a soft smile. Seulgi just stares at her in, shock.

 

She lets her hand fall, and groans in pain. The doctor’s ask everyone to leave so that they can check Wendy’s vitals, and assess the situation. They are in just as much shock as everyone else. Seulgi turns to see Irene, Yeri, and Joy all hugging each other, crying. Seulgi joins them, and they leave the room all wrapped together, arms entangled like a woven basket.

 

After a month, Wendy got to leave the hospital. She had to take it easy, unable to dance for a while still. They could only sing at their performances for a couple months, but no one complained. Everyone was just happy Wendy was back. She has issues remembering things, and she freezes on stage occasionally, but everyone is patient, and supportive.

 

Wendy got asked numerous times if she dreamed when she was in a coma. She always blushed, and got shy when asked that, and always responded with a vague answer about how she dreamed she was in isolation, but could still hear everything happening around her in the hospital. Seulgi always wondered why she got so shy about it, but she never asked. Seulgi figured Wendy got tired of that question.

 

Seulgi, and Wendy have been inseparable since Wendy got out of the hospital, saying they’ll never take each other for granted, and always take chances with each other. Seulgi had a hard awakening at how valuable time with people you love is. However, she’s one of the lucky ones that got a second chance.

 

One year later, and they are still madly in love with each other. Hand in hand, boarding their plane to Canada.

 

A couple hours into the flight, and the pilot comes on the speaker. “We will be passing through a storm in a couple minutes. Please remain seated with your seatbelts on. We may experience heavy turbulence. I repeat, please stay seated with your seatbelts on.” The speaker clicks off.

 

Wendy tenses up, and squeezes Seulgi’s hand. Seulgi can tell she’s scared.

 

Seulgi leans to whisper in Wendy’s ear, “It’s going to be okay, babe. These pilots are trained professionals, nothing will happen. And if they mess up, I’m here for you. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you. I’m not really a trained professional when it comes to airplanes, but I think I’m a pretty well experienced professional when it comes to you,” Seulgi laughs, and kisses Wendy’s ear.

 

Wendy blushes, and smiles at her, “You’re a dork. I love you, and thank you.”

 

Wendy rests her head on Seulgi’s shoulder, and sighs in relief at how lucky she is to have Seulgi.

 

To Be Continued...?

 


Thanks to everyone who made it this far! I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I made this story have two endings because killing Wendy made me sad lol. I may write a part two of this story focusing on the relationship of this particular Wendy and Seulgi, but I have to start writing it and see if anything decent comes out lol

 

I just made a twitter. You can follow me if you want @ purpleflavorr.

 

Other than that, thanks for reading again, and I hope you all are having an amazing day! 

~xo~