Chapter 4

Fanservice

A/N: Hi guys! I am sincerly sorry keep you waiting for a long time (If there's still someone reading this fic)

I'm quite busy nowadays because school is nearly coming and busy on the updates of fromis_9. (one of the main reason why my updates are in delay)

 

Thanks for reading this fic guys and my heart goes deugeun deugeun when you drop some comments about the story. I really appreciate it!

 

So yeah, Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is finally awake. Her sleep was disturbed by Jiwon, Hayoung and Seoyeon whose singing and jamming inside the room. The taller girl fixed herself and sat on her bed, listening to the three.

 

 

Jiwon and Hayoung didn't noticed Chaeyoung was already awake until Seoyeon stand up and saw a sitting Chaeyoung on the bed.

 

 

"Ayyeee! Chaeng is already awake!" the swag girl exclaimed and Megan and Habbang invited their dongsaeng to join with them. 

 

 

 

"Wanna sing?" Hayoung asked the younger one but was refused, shaking her head.

 

 

 

 

"You can continue sing, I'll just listen hear." Chaeyoung said and fished out her phone in her pocket and began to play games.

 

 

 

 

"Yah, Seoyeonie! Why are you here anyways?" the taller girl ask Seoyeon where her eyes are still glued on the screen of her phone. 

 

 

 

 

"Nothing, just wanna hangout together with Jiwon-unnie and Hayoung-unnie. Our room was dead silence since Jiheon is studying while Romsae and Nakyung are sleeping." Seoyeon explained.

 

 

 

"Yah! Guys! What's our next song?" Megan asked while tapping her fingers on the floor thinking what song should they sing next.

 

 

 

 

 

"What about 'Ya!' by Sandeul-sunbaenim and Wheein-sunbaenim." Habbang recommended and looked at the two.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah, Habbang! You're always into those kind of songs! Are you in that state right now or do you experienced it?" Jiwon said and playfully wiggled her eyebrows up and down and earned another tease from Seoyeon.

 

 

 

 

"No! It's just sounds soothing and I like the meaning/story of the song." Hayoung immediately answer, wanting not to hear any teases from the two.

 

 

 

 

The two just nodded from their unnie, finding the statement so reasonable and let out a sigh.

 

Hayoung started to pluck the strings, the opening of the song gives a refreshing vibe, and she started to feel the beat of the song. 

 

Seoyeon, on the other side, started to clap according to the rhythm of the song and started to sing.

 

 

 

 

"Lately I feel weird, I'm different from usual

 

At the sight of your smiling face My cheeks blush again

 

That small dimple that blossoms on one side when you laugh

 

Looks prettier than before
 

 
I feel dizzy"

 

 

 

 

 

Seoyeon's voice is so sweet, to the point that it's really different when she raps. Her vocals are so beautiful that can be a lullaby. 

 

 

 

 

Park Jiwon, on the other hand, is waving her arms on the air while cheering for her dongsaeng. Boy, she's the number 1 fan of Seoyeon in everything about her. 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung, who is listening to her members, suddenly stopped for a moment after hearing the lyrics of the first verse of the song.

 

 

 

 

The lyrics strucked her and hearing about it made her remember her old times and moments together with her beloved bestfriend, Nakyung. 

 

 

 

 

Even the first sentence of the song indicates Chaeyoung. When she's together with Nakyung she felt weird when she started having feelings for her and just seeing the latter smile makes her heart race and blush all the way. 

 

 

 

 

The taller girl brushed off the idea and continued to play. Recalling the days she's flustered because of her bestfrined makes her want to emote on the corner of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby, the two of us are just comfortable friends

 

My heart shrinks at the thought of us being strangers

 

You keep joking around again Not knowing my heart one bit

 

Really Really Really you" 

 

 

 

 

Jiwon started to harmonize together with Seoyeon and it was so beautiful which is their vocals are on point. Hayoung strumming the strings of her guitar gracefully to the point that they look like performing in a gig. 

 

 

 

While the two are singing, Chaeyoung, again, on the other side shrugged hearing those lyrics.

 

 

 

 

 

'God! Why are those lyrics so relatable?!' the taller girl was pissed off by the thought then hissed while playing. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung paused the game and think. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, she and Nakyung are too much comfortable to each other where they always acquire skinships like it's normal to there daily lives but the awkward between the two sometimes was Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

She hates herself for being a coward that she didn't give herself a chance to tell what she feels for the latter earlier.
 

She's so frustated to the point she wants to pull her hair.

 

 

 

 

Just the thought of being a bestfriend makes her heart shrink. She doesn't know why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Just what do I want to be to Nakyung?' She questioned herself and put her phone back to her pocket and her attention now to the song.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung likes the song. The lyrics, the beat, the rhythm and the vibes is cool but now, she hates it because it's so freaking relatable that she thinks the song is meant for her to realize her status and situation to Nakyung.

 

 

 

 

 

The song goes on, the chorus had passed, Jiwon started to sing the second verse up to the chorus again and there's Chaeyoung still strucked to the song and her mind was blank for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Fall in love with you

 

Shall I hold your hand? Shall I kiss you?

 

Do you feel the same as me?
 

fall in love with you
 

Fall in love with you
 

Shall I hold your hand? Shall I kiss you?

 

Do you feel the same as me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Chaeyoung's felt her chest tighten. What hit her so hard was the last sentence

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Do you feel the same as me?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How would she know if Nakyung feel the same as what she feels for the latter if she didn't even confess to her and ask the latter what she feels? 

 

 

 

How would she know if she's being a coward?

 

 

 

How would she know everything if she's afraid to risk their friendship that is on the line?

 

 

 

Those questions are now swarming in Chaeyoung's head.

 

 

 

 

She's afraid to tell her bestfriend because what if Nakyung won't treat her the way they used before. Anxiety is started to grow inside her and the thought of what just Nakyung said to her that it's fanservice makes her chest tighten more.

 

 

 

 

The song was finished with a beautiful ending while Chaeyoung, on the other hand, all she felt was pain and confusion. She blames herself for the weird feelings she feels right now and she don't know what to do anymore about this, it's the first time she's in this situation. She wants to breakdown especially when remembering that one word that made her like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fanservice

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, a tear escaped from Chaeyoung's left eye. She can't contain herself anymore. She wanted to cry all day, all night.


 

 

 

 

 

"Yo Chaeng, how's the song-- YAH! WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" Seoyeon approached the taller girl and hold her shoulder with a worried look.

 

 

Hayoung put down her guitar carefully and also approached Chaeyoung together with Jiwon.

 

 

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU CRYING HUH? TELL ME CHAENG, TELL ME!!!! YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL MEGAN." and then the loud Jiwon striked.

 

 

Hayoung, knowing the situation that this will end up into telling secrets, she stand up and went to the door to lock it. Only the ones who are in the room should only know what it is.

 

 

 

The taller girl is still sobbing while Jiwon and Seoyeon comforted her.

 

 

 

After minutes, it was settled down. Seoyeon turned into a Reporter Lee Seoyeon once again after Chaeyoung calmed down.

 

 

 

"So Chaeyoung, why did you suddenly cry? What's the reason? Is it something painful?" Seoyeon asked the latter calmy.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung, is afraid to open up to her members because what if they'll find it disgusting? Liking another member and in fact a girl. But the taller girl has no other choice but to open up, besides, Jiwon is here and she already knew it.

 

 

At first, Chaeyoung was hesitated to tell the two but knowing that if she hesitates, the two might think that she have no trust in them and the fact that they will live together for years, so, Chaeyoung told Seoyeon and Habbang that she likes Nakyung and both of them are in a state of shocked. They're not shocked because it's unbelievable that Chaeyoung like girls but they are happy especially Seoyeon, who's secretly rooting for those two. 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoyeon can't contain her excitement so she pretended to faint on the side. 

 

 

 

"Heol!!" Seoyeon still can't believe it. Jiwon just laughed at the expression of her dongsaeng while Hayoung understanding the situation.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is so happy because they understand her and accepted it but on the other side still hated herself because she already open up to her other members while she can't still manage to say it to Nakyung personally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I think staying as bestfriend is the best." the taller girl said and looked down on the floor where she thought that's the best not to ruin their friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Lee Chaeyoung, don't be such a chicken! Hurry up and tell her! What if she also likes you, right Jiwon-unnie?" Seoyeon said and crossed her arms. Sometimes, Seoyeon looks like a cute little mochi when she's against the idea of her other members.

 

 

"Ne! As what Megan says, no pain no gain!" Jiwon said while doing some swag moves and earned a laugh from the three.

 

 

"You know Chaeyoung, it's better to tell your feelings to Nakyung. We don't know if she feels the same way. Loving a person is also hard, not only happiness can be felt but also pain. Why don't you give it a shot? Some people says that if you really love something you would risk something important even if it costs a lot to you just to love somebody. If she doesn't feel the same as you do then better to accept it and move on, there's so many people out there." Hayoung fixed her sitting position in an indian-sit and let out a sigh after saying those words to Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The three, Jiwon, Seoyeon and Chaeyoung was dumbfounded at their unnie's words. They can't believe that those words came from Hayoung.

 

 

 

"Omo! Habbang-unnie, is that you?" Seoyeon said and pretending to be shocked.

 

"What are you unnie?? Some sort of love gyuru?" Chaeyoung also pretended to be shocked but internally she's really shocked asking herself where does her unnie got those words.

 

"Yah, Habbang! You sound like an ahjussi giving advices to kids. Don't tell me you already experienced what Chaeyoung is having now." Jiwon said to Hayoung teasingly. 

 

 

 

Hayoung just shrugged their and the chit-chat of the three continued. 


 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 


 
Chaeyoung is sitting under the shade of the tree in the field, watching the practice of soccer players for the incoming tournament.

 

 

She changed the view of her direction and looked at the group of students not far enough from her place, laughing and it seems like they're having fun.

 

 

 

 

'How I wish Seoyeon and Nakyung come to school with me.' Chaeyoung thought to herself and combed her hair using her fingers. 

 

 

 

It's lunch time and she's taking her time relaxing and eating in such a nice weather.

 

 

Chaeyoung grabbed her sandwhich and took a bite and then looked at the field again.

 

 

 

"What a nice weather we have today." the latter said still munching her food.

 

 

 

"Yeah, such a nice weather out here."

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was about to puke the food she's eating and startled by the one who spoke but when she looked at her side, she saw her friend, Chulmin sitting beside her.

 

 

 

"Yow Chaengu." the boy said and raised his hand waving at the latter.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung grabbed her orange juice and drank to ease herself from being startled by her friend and after drinking, she put down the bottle and closed it.

 

 

 

 

'Good gracious, I thought there's a ghost seating beside me.' the taller girl thought and waved back to her friend.

 

 

 

 

"So you free later?" Chulmin asked Chaeyoung and grabbed the orange juice beside the latter. Chulmin ran all the way to the latter and he was barely out of breath.

 

 

 

"Can I have some? I forgot to buy one. I'll only drink just a litte." Chulmin said and looked to the girl.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung just gave her friend a warm smile and that made the boy look at the other direction. Chaeng's smile really is captivating.

 

 

 

Without hesitation, Chulmin chugged the orange juice and when he's done he returned the juice to his friend half amount.

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes, something hit Chulmin and realized that the orange juice belongs to Chaeyoung and that means they shared an indirect kiss. He saw earlier the latter drinking her orange juice when he arrived.

 

 

 

Chulmin's face started to heat up and then he covered his face with his hands.

 

 

 

 

"Omo. An I-indirect k-kiss?" the lad whispered to himself and was flustured. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung, who's not knowing the situation, just looked at her friend with a confused look.

 

"Something wrong, Min?" the latter asked the boy and Chulmin just shook her head repeatedly.

 

 

"N-n-nothing's wrong!" Chulmin exclaimed trying not to stutter but sadly he failed. He stayed in that position for good minutes and then he calmed down. He fix himself and sit properly in his place.

 

 

Both of them are looking on the practice when Chaeyoung cutted the silence.

 

 

 

"About your question earlier Min, I'm free later. We don't have a schedule today and I already told Saerom-unnie that I'll come home a little bit late than my usual arrive time at the dorm." Chaeyoung explained to Chulmin and smiled sheepishly.

 

 

 

"What about you? Don't you have practice at the dance room later?" Chaeyoung asked the lad and the boy just shook his head to the latter.

 

 

 

"Chaengu, do you think I would invite you if I have something to do later? Pabo." Chulmin said and stick out his tounge to Chaeyoung like a child.

 

 

 

 

"Yah! I'm not pabo." 

 

 

And the two started bickering. Well, it's normal for them to bicker but what they bicker about is not that offensive so they're fine.

 

 

The bell rang and that means they only have 10 minutes left before the class starts.

 

 

 

 

 

Chulmin stood up and stretched his arms in the air.

 

 

 

 

"Arraso! Let's go back to classroom. I won't pay for the tokens and food later coz my money was always being spent because of you, Shikshin!" Chulmin teased the latter and was earned a glare by Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

With just a single blink of an eye, the two are already running where Chulmin was being chased by Chaeyoung, running for his dear life and the latter was fired up to chase the boy.

 

 

 

 

The both of them are always like that. Running in school even though they are already highschool students, Laughing in the corridor and you can always see them together. Yes, both of them have other friends but being close to each other and the fact that they were childhood friends really makes them inseperable. Some students also mistook them as a couple but they're classmates knew that they are really a good close friends to each other.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 


Time passed by and it's already dismissal and the two went to arcade. Chaeyoung and Chulmin had fun in the arcade and the latter got a plushie from the claw machine ofcourse by the help of her friend. The two bid goodbye to each other since their home are in different ways and if Chulmin accompany Chaeyoung on their way home can cause some unexpected issues to the latter because she's an idol and Chulmin don't want to cause trouble to his Chaengu.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung went home happily and when she got inside the dorm, she was greeted by her bestfriend, Nakyung, with a hug as always whenever she's back from school.

 

 

 

"Chiiiiiiing~ Welcome home!" the smaller girl cutely said it to Chaeyoung and the taller girl hugged her back because she doesn't want to be seem rude to Nakyung.

 

 

 

For now, she'll not show Nakyung how much she's affected by that 'fanservice' and will act normal if the latter is around.

 

 

 

 

"You're later than your usual arrival Ching." Nakyung pouted, still not breaking the hug.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung let out a nervous laugh because Nakyung is too close to her. Her heart started to race but at the same time the familiar sensation of pain is also swarming inside of her. 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung initiated to break the hug by showing the plushie to Nakyung.

 

 

 

 

"Oooh! It's so cute! Where did you get this?" Nakyung's eyes sparkles as she hold the plushie in between her hands, squeeshing it because it's so fluffy.

 

 

 

"At the claw machine." Chaeyoung answered plainly

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I have it? Are you the one who got this?" the smaller girl keep asking Chaeyoung like a kid asking for her mother to buy her favorite lollipop.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her and patted her head.

 

 

 

"Well, I'm okay so you can have it. And I got on behalf of me because Min helped me!" Chaeyoung said excitedly to the latter.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Nakyung's mood went a little bit down hearing the name Chaeyoung mentioned an she don't know why. She doesn't want Chaeyoung to see her disapointed face so she smiled to the latter.

 

 

 

 

"Oh. I changed my mind Chaeng. You can have it since your dear friend helped you out and that's cool." Nakyung pushed the plushie to Chaeyoung, let out a forced smile and turned her back to the latter.

 

 

 

 

Nakyung doesn't know the reason why is she acting like this all of a sudden but she feels this uneasy feeling inside her chest. Chaeyoung didn't do anything wrong her to act like that.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung felt hurt for a moment because of the thought Nakyung doesn't want the plushie

 

 

 

 

 

'Did she just rejected me?'

 

 

 

 

"B-but I thought you want it? The plushie is so cute just like you Nakko!" Chaeyoung immediately hit the realization to her and her cheeks turns into tinted red. Blurting out those words out of the blue to her bestfriend is so unreasonable.


 

 

 

Nakyung, on the other hand, when she heard those words from Chaeyoung, her pulse started to go faster. She can feel her cheeks being heaten up. 

 

 

 

 

Nakyung is already used hearing someone telling her she's cute but coming from her bestfriend is a big deal now for her. It is already a big deal for her when she started to have those weird feelings when she's in the car with Seoyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The smaller girl can't stand her bestfriend so she turned around to face Chaeyoung and reached out for the plushie.

 

 

 

 

"Aigooooo! Since the plushie is really cute and you told me I'm cute I'll take this." As soon as she got the plushie she hugged it. "Thank you Ching!"

 

 

 

 

The smaller girl started to walk away from Chaeyoung and went to her room. As soon as Nakyung arrived at their room she let out a big sigh and layed on her bed. It seems to be that she's already cooled down.

 

 

 

 

"A plushie from Chiiiiiing~" Nakyung said cutely, talking to the plushie and played it like a kid who's happy getting the toy she really really wanted and gave the plushie a tight hugged. She already cooled down but her heart is still racing.

 

 

 

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung went to her room to change her school uniform. She's now happy because Nakyung accepted the plushie she and Chulmin got but after a few minutes her smile started to fade and the happiness she feels was replaced by sadness and she could feel her chest tighten.

 

 

 

Every happiness she felt for Nakyung nowadays was always being replaced by sadness because that one word still lingers and rings everytime she's happy with Nakyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Stupid fanservice'

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Heyyyyyowww! How is it? Author-nim already knows this chapter is so boring like the story. Maybe after 2 chapters this story is done and guess what?

 

I'll write a SeoHeon fic and I promise it is really only a oneshot story. 

 

Thanks for reading guys and I love y'all!

 

P.S.: Please stream to fromis_9's DKDK. It's a big help for fromis stans and to also my girls!

MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KuJqe3Epg