FIVE

INCOGNITO

[Nanase’s p.o.v.]

“Hey Nanase, you ready?” Sato eonnie spoke through the Bluetooth device.

I nodded as I focused on my target using the night vision goggles. I was sitting on a tree branch with my leg propped up.

“You have got one shot so don’t mess it up.”

I didn’t bother to reply. I got out a shuriken and coated its tips with poison. Ayane had made it using Belladonna.

I specialised in Japanese weapons but knives were my favourite.

“What did this one do?” I asked Sato eonnie.

“He’s an arsonist but charges were dropped due to his connections” she said anger evident in her tone.

“Scum” I muttered.

“Yeah so don’t miss.”

I took aim and threw the shuriken. It lodged itself in the side of his neck and he collapsed onto the ground.

“I never do” I said as I climbed down the tree.

“I know. Now hurry up and get out of there.”

I pulled on my hood as I hurried over to my bike and sped off to the headquarters.

I didn’t worry about people seeing me. I knew I looked like a high punk out to enjoy the nightlife dressed in black from head to toe.

I reached the headquarters and found the girls waiting for me.

“Hey” I said tiredly.

“Let’s go home” said Mirai.

We went home and collapsed onto our beds.

It had been a week since we had met BTS and lost our tempers. We were still angry and didn’t answer our phones. But I had had enough. I checked my phone and saw a lot of messages from the Shinee hyungs asking us to meet them.

I decided to call Jonghyun hyung. I was too scared to call Key hyung. I didn’t want to face his wrath. I wasn’t that close with the other hyungs when compared to them.

But before that I needed to talk with the girls. They were all in the balcony doing their own thing.

“Hey guys we need to talk” I told them hesitantly.

“Yeah why were we so dramatic?” Akira got straight to the point.

“I don’t know” said Ayane frustratedly.

“Disappointment” said Mirai.

“Anger” said Sato eonnie stating the obvious.

“Well we should talk to Shinee” I said.

The girls agreed and Mirai texted Minho asking him where to meet.

We decided to meet at a park in the evening.

Soon it was time to go. We were nervous. We knew we hadn’t behaved in the best way but it wasn’t our fault. Even Ayane was uncharacteristically early. We drove to the park and waited. Soon we saw them coming to us.

“Hey” we stood up.

“Hi” they said looking unsure.

“Mianhe” we chorused nervously.

They nodded accepting our apology.

“It’s not only your fault” said Onew hyung.

“We were a bit immature. Mianhe” said Sato eonnie.

“Only a bit?” Asked Key hyung. He was still pissed.

“Why are you only blaming us?” Sato eonnie shouted angrily.

“Oh God kill me. We are trying to apologize and you start again” Ayane looked ready to punch all of us.

“For once can’t they

“Okay Akira go and calm Sato eonnie down” I told her.

Akira nodded and pulled Sato eonnie along with her.

“Am I the only one who can’t understand how this happened?” Mirai asked looking like a confused bunny.

“Aww look our maknae’s so cute” Key screeched.

We looked at him strangely.

“Wow somebody’s bipolar” said Ayane.

“Look all I wanted us to do was apologize but I don’t think that will happen in the next million years” I finally lost it.

Everybody looked at me and started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I sulked.

“Your ears are red. Are you Jin hyung?” Asked Taemin hyung laughing.

Even the girls were laughing.

“Traitors” I mumbled.

But they accepted our apology and we started talking about random stuff. Sato eonnie and Akira had come back.

“Actually we are sorry too” they apologized on behalf of BTS.

“Its not your fault but we don’t respect them anymore” Ayane was the angriest.

We dropped the topic. After talking for a while we decided to meet up whenever we could and went back home.

We were eating ramen when Mirai got a phone call.

“Who was it?” Asked Sato eonnie with full.

“It was Taeyeon eonnie. Do you remember SM Town?”

“Yeah it was the agency that Taeyeon eonnie and Baekhyun hyung are signed to” I said feeling curious.

“Yeah so one of Baekhyun hyung’s friends Chanyeol-” Mirai got cut off by Ayane.

“Wait do you mean the rapper Chanyeol?” She asked excitedly.

“Yeah” said Mirai hesitantly.

“Fangirl later” said Akira.

Ayane glared at her but nodded at her to continue.

“Well he needs a bodyguard who isn’t part of the assassin team and he needs a male guard” said Mirai looking at an overexcited Ayane.

“So who should we assign?” Asked Sato eonnie.

“How about Jooeheon? He doesn’t take part in the assassinations. He just knows of its existence” Asked Akira.

“Yeah okay I’ll let him know tomorrow” I said.

A week later the Shinee hyungs decided to host a party celebrating the release of their new clothing line and we were invited.

We dressed formally because we were asked to.

The party was held in a resort. We were the ones providing security. We saw the Shinee hyungs looking worried.

We went over and asked them why they looked worried.

“The BTS members got another warning. They are here now but we don’t know where they will come from” they were worried.

We decided to keep an eye on them. At first everything was going smoothly. Then the chaos started. A waiter came and knocked RM hyung over. He got a cut as he hit his head against the table.

They hurried to their private room. We followed them. It was a good decision on our part. We heard a shout and put on face masks to hide our identities from the intruders. We hurried inside to find a few guys surrounding them. They were armed. Thankfully they didn’t have guns.

“Hey over here” we shouted.

“They saw us and held their knives menacingly. There were around seven of them. The members of BTS seemed to be in shock. The would-be killers started attacking us.

Years of training took over. Akira took a vase that was nearby and bashed it on one of their heads knocking out the said person.

Ayane took out some pepper spray and sprayed it in another guy’s eyes thereby blinding him and kneed him in the balls making him collapse in pain and knocked him out by crashing a flower pot on his head.

Sato eonnie swiftly poked a guy in the eye and temporarily blinded him but got cut when he started swinging his knife around wildly. She twisted his elbow making him scream in pain and knocked him out by punching him.

Mirai grabbed a pen and stabbed a dude’s palm with but he had managed to nick her arm with his knife. Ayane hit his head with a beer bottle knocking him out.

I looked around for something to use and saw a belt on the bed. I thanked the gods that the room was messy. I grabbed it but a guy managed to get me in a chokehold.

I stamped his foot with my heel and bit his hand hard loosening his hold. Mirai hit him with a lamp from behind and knocked him out cold.

“Thanks maknae.”

I saw a guy sneaking up behind Sato eonnie. I sneaked up behind him and started to choke him using the belt. Soon he lost consciousness.

Akira threw a roundhouse kick at the last guy knocking him out as he hit his head against the hard wooden floor.

We looked around and saw that the BTS members were nowhere to be found. We looked around and saw them walking out of the closet. They looked shocked.

“Can you find us some duct tape?” Asked Mirai hesitantly.

They nodded and we started searching. The room we were in was a private room where the VIP guests could take rest. We didn’t find duct tape so we decided to call the Shinee hyungs. Thankfully the intruders had not gained consciousness yet.

“Hello Jonghyun hyung can you guys get us some duct tape?” I called him and told him where we were.

BTS excused themselves and went to the restroom. They looked like they needed to talk.

Jonghyun hyung came with the others and gave us the duct tape. We filled them in on what had happened. They were concerned after seeing our wounds.

BTS came back looking a bit dazed due to the whole situatiion. They looked like they had lots of questions.

“Who are you guys?” Asked Jungkook hyung looking confused.

We realised that we hadn’t taken off our face masks. We took them off and smiled sheepishly. They stood there speechless and utterly shocked.

“Hi” we said awkwardly.