Four

INCOGNITO

[Minho’s p.o.v.]

“What?” The girls seemed utterly shocked.

“By any chance, do you like them?” Asked Key hyung.

“We love their music” said Nanase.

The others nodded in agreement. They looked worried.

So you mean they are being targeted?” Asked Mirai hesitantly.

“Yeah” said Taemin.

“BTS. Oh god” Ayane said disbelievingly.

The girls acted their age. For once, they weren’t serious and acted like teenage fangirls. We were trying not to laugh. It was a light atmosphere.

We hung out for a while and decided to meet up with them the next day.

We bid them goodbye and went back home.

“It’s surprising” Onew hyung said suddenly.

“What is?” Asked Taemin.

“They were different” said Onew hyung.

“They were relaxed. They acted their age. It was nice to watch” said Jonghyun hyung with a soft smile.

“They should do it more” said Key hyung.

“Yeah” I agreed.

 

[The next day]

{Narrator’s p.o.v.]

“Hyungs, where are you taking us?” The BTS members were confused.

They were in their friends’ [Shinee’s] car.

“We are going to meet your new bodyguards” said Minho. He was the one driving.

“Did Bang PD agree?” Asked RM.

“Yeah. We told him what happened. He trusts us” said Jonghyun.

They continued in silence. After driving for some time Minho stopped the car in front of Ezer Coffee*, a popular café in Seoul. They went in.

[Mirai’s p.o.v.]

[Three hours ago]

“Okay guys, I don’t think we were this tense when we waited for our results in college” Sato eonnie joked weakly.

We were in our home and were going to meet BTS in a few hours. We were tense and didn’t want to mess up.

“That’s because we are gonna meet BTS. I can’t believe it. BTS” Ayane eonnie was pacing.

“Stop, you are making me dizzy. Calm down” Nanase eonnie was trying to make us and herself relax.

I was still in shock. I was nervous and excited at the same time.

The reason we loved BTS so much was because their music helped us. It gave us the strength to keep going even when we felt like we would never get justice. And they were hilarious and made us laugh whenever we were stressed.

“Earth to Mirai” Akira eonnie was shaking me.

I smiled sheepishly and went to get ready.

 

“Yah Ayane, what the hell are you doing in your room? You know we are not going for a vogue photo shoot” Nanase eonnie shouted.

We were waiting for her. She had been in her room for over an hour. Even Sato who was usually late was sitting with us.

After some time Ayane eonnie came down. We glared at her for taking so much time.

“I am sorry okay” she looked at sheepishly.

We looked cool and effortless. Only we knew how much time and care we put when choosing our dress.

We got into our car and drove off to Ezer Coffee. I was the one driving.

“If we are late, I will kill you” said Akira eonnie glaring at Ayane eonnie.

We reached the café and I parked our car. We sat in the car. Sato eonnie was her thumb. She did that when she was nervous.

“Okay guys we can do this” Nanase eonnie gave a one line pep talk.

We nodded and went into the café. Thankfully they hadn’t reached yet. We made ourselves comfortable as we waited for them.

“Dude chill don’t hyperventilate” said Nanase eonnie to Ayane eonnie.

“Yeah eonnie” I told her but I was nervous as well.

“Yeah don’t ruin our cool image” said Akira eonnie.

“Stop making her more tensed. Oh there they are” said Sato eonnie.

We turned and saw the Shinee hyungs and waved at them. They came to our table and we saw the members of BTS following them.

We stood up and greeted them and asked them to sit down but we remained standing.

“Please we don’t deserve this much respect. You guys can sit down as well” said Jin hyung.

“Yeah your legs are shaking” teased Key hyung.

“Yah” Sato gave him a death glare.

We smiled sheepishly and sat down. An awkward silence followed.

“We’ll go place the order” the shine hyungs went to the counter.

“So you guys are our bodyguards?” Asked V hyung doubtfully.

“Yeah” I replied softly masking my irritation.

I felt like he was underestimating us because we were girls.

“But you are girls” said Jimin hyung looking confused.

“Yeah how can girls protect us?” Asked Jungkook hyung angrily.

“What the f-” Sato eonnie stood up and started to cuss but Nanase eonnie covered and made her sit down.

“You don’t know us but you are making assumptions. I thought you were more open-minded” said Akira eonnie barely holding in her temper.

“Look, this is no movie. If what hyung is saying is true then we are targeted by professional killers. You are girls” said Jimin hyung.

“So? You aren’t even giving us a chance because of that? Are you f-ing kidding me?” Ayane eonnie shouted angrily.

They remained silent but I could see the doubt in their eyes.

Sato eonnie got up and stormed out of the café losing her patience.

“ist much” Akira eonnie mumbled and went after her to calm her down.

The Shinee hyungs came back after hearing the commotion.

“Well that didn’t go the way we expected it to. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this. It was nice meeting you’ said Nanase eonnie sarcastically.

“We looked up to you. I have no words” I said softly.

“Goodbye” we told the Shinee hyungs who stood there in confusion and walked out. We went home remaining silent throughout the car ride and feeling disappointed.

[Key’s p.o.v.]

“What the hell happened?” We were shocked and pissed.

We turned and saw BTS looking crestfallen.

“Why didn’t you tell us they were girls?” Asked J-Hope.

“How do you expect them to protect us?” Asked V.

“Don’t underestimate them. They are one of the best. They helped us a lot” said Onew hyung.

“Do you not trust us?” Taemin asked them angrily.

“I know you are scared but do you thinh we’ll put your lives in danger? ” Asked Jonghyun hyung.

“We are sorry. We didn’t expect this. We just-” RM and Jin apologized.

“And why the hell do these girls have to be so touchy?” I mumbled.

We went to the car after paying for the drinks.

I took my phone out too call Mirai but Minho stopped me.

“Give the time to cool down” he said.

“I hope they cool down fast. We need to work together or the end result will be disastrous” I thought worriedly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ezer Coffee is an actual cafe in Seoul