ONE

INCOGNITO

[ Five years later]

[Narrator]

 

It was close to midnight and the streets of Seoul were busy with it’s nightlife. The night sky was illuminated with fiery stars. The nightclubs were busy as usual. It was another normal night but there was a difference. There was chaos near the Octagon club in Gangnam. The members of the internationally popular band BTS were spotted walking out of the club but now there was no trace of them.

“I wouldn’t have let them go alone without bodyguards had I known they would not pick up their phone” manager Sanghyun was pissed and scared at time.

 

Meanwhile the members of BTS were walking down a dimly lit street unaware of the problems they were creating. They were lost but they didn’t care, the reason- they were bat drunk. Well some of them were. They had actually gone to the club to celebrate. Their album had hit the top charts in the U.S.

 

“Taehyung hyng saranghe” Jungkook had become drunk after four to five glasses of liquor.

“Yah I told you not to give him more than two glasses” Suga was able to hold his liquor but he was a bit cranky.

He was supporting a drunk Jimin who was laughing like crazy.

“I am sorry, but I think we are lost” RM smiled sheepishly at Suga who in turn gave him death glare. All he wanted to do was go home and sleep.

V and Jungkook were supporting each other. V was drunk but he was silent and looked like he would fall asleep at any moment.

J-Hope was doing weird stuff and speaking gibberish. Jin was supporting him but he was a bit drunk and was saying dad jokes.

“Woah lookout” Suga managed to grab RM who had tripped over a stone and had almost fallen on his face.

Overall they were a noisy bunch, but they fell silent when they entered a dark alley. They were scared of the dark. Suddenly they heard somebody screaming and had the presence of mind to hide behind the wall. They peeked and saw a shocking a sight.

“You bastard. Did you think you can live after snitching on us?” A tall man snarled while kicking somebody. He had a scar on his cheek.

He moved away and they saw a man curled up on the ground. He was bruised and battered all over. There was a lot of blood gushing out from the numerous wounds on his body and he looked like he would die any second. There were cuts on his face and his shirt was torn and soaked in blood. His hands and legs were tied and he was screaming in agony. There were a few men surrounding him. They looked like they wanted to put a bullet through his head to shut him up.

“I am sick and tired of seeing innocents harmed. I can’t ignore it anymore” the man was given another kick on his face and he coughed and spat out blood.

“Oh look somebody wants to be a hero” the tall man said savagely. He took out a gun and shot him in the leg. The man screamed again.

“Kill me please” he screamed out in pain.

“Oh not so fast. We were ordered to make your death painful” another man smiled sadistically and took out a knife and approached him.

The members of BTS were in shock. They were traumatized by the sight. Suga covered Jimin’s eyes while Jin did the same for Jungkook and RM did the same for V. They were too scared to move but they knew they had to do something. They slowly backed away from the alley. When they were a good distance away they looked around for something. V spotted a barrel and they pushed it causing it to roll towards the alley. It made a huge sound.

The men in the alley heard the sound and the guy with the knife stopped in his tracks.

“I think there’s somebody here” said the guy looking around him.

The would be killers searched the alley but didn’t find anybody. The members of BTS were running for their lives. They were on autopilot- their brains didn’t register anything.

The killers were frantic.

“Well your wish will be fulfilled since we don’t wanna risk anybody seeing us when we play with you” the man with the scar told the victim. He took out a gun and shot him in the head.

The victim fell to the ground with an indescribable expression on his face, his eyes cold and lifeless. He almost looked victorious. The killers left his lifeless body there on the ground and got in a van and drove off.

The members of BTS heard the shot but they kept on running. There were tears coming out of their eyes but they ran until they reached the club and hired a chauffeur to take them home.

 

Jin was the first to wake up next morning. Last night’s events were fuzzy. He remembered them well but thought he might have been dreaming. He woke the others and cooked breakfast.

“Hyung I had this weird dream. Actually it was quite scary” V told them last night’s events.

“Sounds more like a nightmare” said RM.

“It must be a coincidence” said Jin and the others agreed.

They weren’t ready to consider that the incident might have been real. It was too brutal. RM checked his phone and saw ten missed calls from manager Sanghyun.

“Yah why the heck didn’t you pick up your phone. I am never gonna let you guys go alone again. Also you guys wre spotted walking out of the club bat drunk” they got a firing from their managers as soo as they entered the BigHit building.

“Mianhe hyung” all of them did aegyo. They went for a fansigning event.

The killers had gone back to their headquarters. They were professionals. Unfortunately they found out that the members of BTS had seen them when they checked the footage of the security cameras in the alley. The faces of the killers were not visible due to the angle at which the cameras were situated but the same could not be said for BTS. They wiped out the footage in the cameras..

“Looks like they have to be eliminated” the man with the scar said grimly.

“Yeah the boss said no witnesses” the others agreed.

 

A week later RM and the guys were going to meet their chaebol friends. The friends were partners of the internationally popular fashion brand Shinee. They had become friends when BTS had endorsed their products. They were really close.

They had decided to drive there and Jin was the one driving. They were still in a sombre mood because of their supposed nightmares. The usually noisy guys were quiet for once. Suddenly Jin’s expression changed. He looked scared.

“Hyung what happened? You seem tense” V observed and Suga agreed.

Jin remained silent. He was trying to stop the car. They had reached Shinee’s villa and were on the grounds. The gates had opened automatically but they were in danger of crashing into the fence. The young chaebols waved at their friends but sensed that something was not right when the car did not stop.

“Hyung we reached, stop the car” the guys chorused.

“I can’t. There’s something wrong with the brakes” Jin shouted scared out of his wits.

“What?!” The guys paled.

All of them [including the chaebols] watched in shock as the car crashed into the wall.


A/N: Hey guys please let me know what you think and please don't be silent readers.