part 1 ♡ pages 60-62 wendy

Aspiring Idol

part 1 ♡ pages 60-62 (so short!!)

 

“Uh excuse me sir but where are we right now??!” Wendy asked the bus driver hoping that she was whispering and sounded calm and polite but in reality, she was yelling and freaking out. 

 

“Miss you should remain seated until the bus stops.” The bus driver said in a flat tone like he was just regurgitating one of the basic rules of bus safety that he had to know in order to get this job. 

 

Wendy, still freaking out, nodded and sat down right behind the bus driver. She took out her phone and realized it was already 6:35 PM. Her eyes widened even further when she became aware of how dark it was outside too.

 

“Did i seriously fall asleep!!!?” Wendy whispered to herself in shock and she ran a hand through her messy bangs.

 

Trying again, Wendy leaned over to the bus driver and repeated the question. “Sir, please, i’m sitting down now so can you please just tell me, how far away are we from Wonju?” She was dreading the answer and unconsciously held her breath in anticipation.

 

“Wonju?  Miss, we passed that place an hour ago.” The driver said, still with very little emotion in his voice. He proceeded to stop the bus and then called out the name of the stop so people could get off. 

 

Wendy heard someone stand up and get off but she didn’t look up from her lap to see who it was. She was having a crisis right now and she could fell her face turning white. 

 

An hour. She was asleep for a whole hour and not one person had the decency to wake her up and tell her, ‘hey, miss, i noticed you’ve been riding the bus for a while and your stop may be coming up soon, you should wake up!’

 

Wendy huffed and gripped her pants for support because, as dramatic as it sounded, she felt like she’d fall off the earth all together if she wasn’t holding on to something right now. She took a deep breath and tired to calm down and look at the bright side of things. For starters, she’d never been to this part of Seoul before so it could be a fun adventure, plus this is the city where ordinary people become idols so it was safe to say that Wendy had a lot of interest in this town. The night was still young so she’d be okay alone.

 

The bus driver called one more time if anyone was getting off and Wendy, without thinking, stood up and exited the bus straight on an impulse. Even though she had no idea how she would get back home, she took a deep breath and decided she’d figure everything else out once she got some food in her system.

 

Thankfully it didn’t take Wendy too long to spot a convenience store, which was just a few steps away, and she sighed with relief that she wouldn’t have to stand out in the cold any longer.

 

She pushed through the doors of the 7/11 and was greeted by the sweet air conditioning.