part 1 ✿ pages 33-38 irene

Aspiring Idol

part 1 ✿ pages 33-38

When they arrived back to the dorms, the girls were relieved to take it easy before training again tomorrow. 

 

“We should watch a movie!~” Joy clapped as she ran through the doorway and onto the couch.

 

Yeri went straight for the refrigerator while Seulgi bounded into her bedroom adamant on getting something, but the girls all knew what it was. 

 

Irene took her shoes off and hung up her coat by the door and, feeling like the only responsible one, she locked the door as well. 

 

“Ya let’s watch a movie, I’ve got the snacks!” Yeri said, running over to the couch with her arms full of food. Joy cheered and grabbed the Oreos from her.

 

Irene smiled at how childish they acted and she hated to remind them of their diet so this time she’d let it slide.

 

Joy and Yeri were now searching through their entire collection of DVDs, trying to agree on something they’d all enjoy.

 

Irene laughed at their argument between watching every single Harry Potter movie or watching every single Saw movie.

 

“We’re watching Harry Potter!” Joy said, shoving the DVD in Yeri’s face as if that would ensure that they were watching Harry Potter.

 

“No! We’re watching Saw, Sooyeong!!” Yeri said back, shoving Saw in Joy’s face now.

 

“Honorifics, Yerim! And no! Saw is scary.. Harry Potter is fun!”

 

Yeri sighed, “You just can’t respect the true artistry that is the Saw series, u n n i e~!”

 

“Why you little-“

 

“Let’s watch Tangled!!” Seulgi’s voiced interrupted the argument as she tripped into the living room tugging along her giant 6 foot teddy bear.

 

“Mr Bear agrees with me!” She smiled, petting the soft fabric of the bears head as she sat on top of it next to the couch.

 

“Ooh I like Tangled!” Joy agreed which caused Yeri to scoff in protest again. 

 

Irene, still observing everything from afar, was now seated at the table with a fresh cup of tea at her lips which she’d brewed during the harry potter/saw crisis. She was simply minding her business and living her best life, humming one of their songs to herself. That bliss was short-lived, however, when she heard: “Unnieeee!!!! Help usssss!” in a whining tone from those three girls that she called her members and roommates.

 

Irene opened her eyes, which had shut during her bliss which lasted .2 seconds, and put her cup down.

 

With a sigh, she said, matter-of-factly, “Coraline. It’s cute and creepy at the same time.” She was standing up now and dusted off the non-existent dirt from her skirt. 

 

“Ooo ya, Coraline! I forgot about that!” Joy said, and ran over to the DVDs to look through them again, “Thanks unnie, you’re the best!~” 

 

Irene smiled, with a nod and then walked towards her bedroom that she shared with Seulgi. Their little suite actually had 3 bedrooms but the spare bedroom was used for Taeyeon or if they had any guests over. Yeri and Joy shared the other room.

 

“Aren’t you going to watch the movie too, unnie?” Seulgi asked, still sitting on top of Mr Bear who hadn’t seem to mind the extra weight, through, Irene couldn’t really tell what the bears true feelings were through those black beaded eyes. 

 

“Of course, but not in these clothes,” she said, gesturing to her uncomfortable stage outfit from their training earlier. “Pajama party!!” she squealed, deciding to embrace her inner child, and ran into the bedroom to get dressed. The rest of the girls did the same and even Yeri was excited to slip into her pajamas even though it was only 3 o’clock in the afternoon. 

 

When Irene walked back into the living room, she was wearing her favorite fluffy pink pajama pants and a light, flowy crop top that said ‘xoxo’ on it. She’d definitely stolen the top from her little sister before she left because she thought it was cute. Plus it looked better on her anyways!

 

She decided to sit on the side of the couch that had an arm rest because she knew Yeri would want the other side and Joy would want to snuggle with everyone and be in the middle. 

 

Soon Seulgi came over wearing the cutest bear print pajama pants and a matching tshirt that was most likely meant for a child but somehow she had been able to find it in her size. Irene wasn’t complaining though because she thought Seulgi looked absolutely adorable! She looked even cuter since she was sitting right on top of her giant bear. 

 

It didn’t take long for Joy and Yeri to also return back in their pajamas, Yeri wearing vertical stripped pants and a Squirtle t-shirt, and Joy wearing similar fluffy pants as Irene except hers were green, and a black tank top that had a cupcake on it. Irene smiled when she saw that she was right in guessing where they’d want to sit and she giggled to herself because of how well she’d gotten to know her members in the time they’d been together. Even though she had a little sister back home, Irene considered these girls her family and she loved them just as much as she loved her family back home in Daegu.

 

Since Seulgi was the closest to the DVD player, she crawled, yes crawled, over to the player and put Coraline in the slot. Yeri was also happily passing out popcorn and goodies to the other girls who took them excitedly as they fixed their eyes to the tv screen in bliss.