part 1 ♡ pages 51-54 wendy

Aspiring Idol

part 1 ♡ pages 51-54 (another short one shdksfkhs im sorry)

 

“No no no no, !” Wendy cursed under her breathe when she had finally reached the convenience store and saw a sign posted on the door that read, ‘CLOSED EARLY TODAY DUE TO NEICE’S BIRTHDAY, WILL OPEN AGAIN TOMORROW MORNING AT 6:00 AM’. 

 

Of course. Just Wendy’s luck. 

 

It also seemed like now was the perfect time for her stomach to growl so loudly that a pedestrian walking by felt the need to give her a strange look, and she groaned as she was reminded of her lack of food. She was crouched down at the front of the door now, drawing circles in the ground with her finger as she held her growling stomach and weeped to herself in tired annoyance. 

 

“First i get chased by a serial killer, then i find out that the convenience store is closed because of someone’s stuPID NIECE, AND NOW PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO STARE AT ME! YAH I’M TALKING TO YOU!” Wendy pointed at another pedestrian who had been staring at her, and he scurried away at her outburst. 

 

Wendy sighed. She wasn’t usually this harsh with strangers but her night had gone weirder than she’d expected and all she wanted right now was food and a warm bed.

 

The screeching of tires across the street drew Wendy’s attention away from her self-pity party, and she quickly snapped up when she realized it was her bus. 

 

“Oh !” She exclaimed and, making sure there weren’t any other cars on the road, she ran through the street to the other side so she could get on the bus and just go home. 

 

Stepping onto the bus, Wendy nodded to the bus driver and realized that he was the same elderly man that had taken her to school earlier this morning. Silently, as to not disturb any of the other passengers, Wendy went to take an empty seat on the left by the window.

 

With a huff, Wendy collected herself as much as she could and decided to just look out the window. The sun had almost completely set by now and only a few slivers of yellow and pink could be seen in the sky where the rest was a dark black.

 

Another passenger, a man who was tall and out of breathe, quickly got onto the bus and whispered his apologizes before slumping down into a seat a few spaces in front of Wendy. He seemed disheveled and Wendy thought he reminded her of herself.

 

When the doors closed and the bus started to move again, Wendy noticed how nice and warm the air was. It felt like a big blanket was being wrapped around her shoulders and she couldn’t help herself from snuggling into her seat a little.

 

The stress and overall weirdness of her day must had finally caught up to her too, and she quickly found herself struggling to keep her eyes open.

 

She knew the bus ride would only take a few minutes before she reached her destination so she had to stay awake. However, she wasn’t the best at forcing herself awake when she was tired, and her head lulled to the side. 

 

Using all the will power she had left, Wendy quickly shook herself awake with a jolt and the tall man in front of her turned around to see what the noise was.

 

She nodded sheepish in apology to the man and lightly slapped herself in the face to try to keep herself alert. 

 

She decided she’d distract herself but counting the number of cars that she saw pass by. She honestly should’ve known that counting when she was tired only made her sleepier because when she got to car number 16, the gentle lulling of the bus and the overall warmth of the air overcame her and her body couldn’t take it anymore. Relaxing, she soon fell asleep with her face pressed unceremoniously against the cold bus window.