Hyeongsa University

Archer's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This will be your dormitory. There are three rooms upstairs and this will be your common room. Kitchen’s over there and everything’s provided.” Said the man who had assessed them earlier while processing their admission to what they call Hyeongsa University. He introduced himself as ‘Heechul’ and gave the six of them a small briefing about the institution. 

 

“Food and blood will be provided regularly. And as you have observed, Hyeongsa isn’t just a simple university. This is like a small town for our kind. This may be mainly about trainings and education but mostly everything from the human world can be seen here too. You see, the whole place is wide. There are restaurants, cafes, bookstores, boutiques, and even arcades in here. Don’t worry, as your mentor-in-charge, I will surely tour you around once I have time.” He said and beamed at them. He was comfortably sitting on the couch and it was obvious that this man is all-smiles. He had been so cheery and so talkative since earlier.

 

“Mentor-in-charge? What do you mean?” Umji who had been just observing Heechul finally spoke after being silent ever since they entered the main gate.

 

“Every group of careers here— you know, vampires with special abilities.” He looked at them to confirm if they get what he was saying. Seeing they weren’t confused, he proceeded. “Every group has a mentor who will be their sort of adviser while staying here— By the way, I’ll be one of your professors. You have two subjects under me.” He smiled once again and started scanning his coat for something. “So yeah, I’ll be the one guiding you here. I’m your source of information and instructions, and of course, if you have any concerns, it’ll be me who you’ll approach.”

 

He took out a piece of paper and gave it to Sowon. “It was you who signed up to be the leader right?” She nodded. “That’s your schedule. If you have any clarifications, my phone number is placed on there. I gotta go now. I have a class in five minutes.” He said and gave them a last nod before leaving the place.

 

When the vampire was totally out of sight, Sowon immediately sat on the couch and studied their schedule. The other girls went around her and also did the same.

 

Vampire Ethics

***Mondays [Time to be further discussed with the subject teacher]

 

Logic

****Tuesdays [8:00AM-10:00AM]

 

Vampire Anatomy

***Wednesdays [2:00PM-6PM]

 

HUMANS and Their Society

***Thursdays [Time to be further discussed with the subject teacher]

 

Physical Training

***Fridays [8:30AM-02:30PM]

 

Individual Session Training

***Schedule TBA

 

Actual Site Training [AST]

***To be discussed with mentor-in-charge.

 

 

“The subjects here are quite weird…” Eunha commented after a whole silence inside the house. She then settled herself beside Sowon who continued to stare at that piece of paper. “… and I can already imagine my brain cells dying because of Logic.”

 

“If you’ll look at it differently, it can actually be fun unnie.” Umji said, feeling excited with their future classes. After she became a vampire, she didn’t dare to continue her studies. Umji had always dreamed of becoming a lawyer but after she got bitten, that dream popped before her eyes, like a bubble. She was the most excited among the six of them. She really wanted to finish her studies and even though she won’t be able to become a lawyer anymore, at least she got the chance to continue studying.

 

“Fun for you, Yewon ah…” Yerin remarked and hung her arms on the youngest’s shoulders. She knew how much Umji wanted to study and she was happy for her. She gave her a genuine smile and then looked at the others. “Our adventure officially begins here and I hope we learn a lot. Now, let’s start putting everything into place and decide about the rooms upstairs.”

 

The whole dorm was spacious enough for the six of them. Though not as big as their house, they’re already satisfied with it. All that they need was provided, it was a total package. They were actually not ready to move out so suddenly and enroll to the university. But then, they had no choice…

 

---

F L A S H  B A C K

---

 

Yerin grabbed an arrow from her quiver and once again looked around her. Her eyes were slowly forming a red mist as she enhanced her hearing ability trying to sense anything around her. Sowon was doing the same thing. She was standing two-meters away from her, looking at the opposite direction. The taller girl was holding two pistols and was ready to pull both triggers.

 

*woosh*

 

Both heads turned toward where the movement came from but there was no sign of anyone except for the swinging of those green plants five meters away. “Yerin, come here.” Sowon ordered. “Stay close.”

 

Yerin didn’t reply but slowly took steps closer to her unnie. She could sense the worry but also the determination Sowon had. They had to protect two newborn vampires who were still not trained well to fight, especially SinB who was attacked days before and was probably the reason why there were intruders in their peaceful place. They also had to protect their house and properties they had worked hard for. It was the first time they were threatened in their own territory and both of them certainly felt that the attacker wasn’t alone, they had to be alert and fast.

 

*woosh*

 

After sensing another movement from the west, Yerin immediately released her arrow toward that direction as fast as she could. With that, her arrow got stuck in a tree’s trunk with a piece of black cloth indicating that she successfully hit her target but only his shirt.

 

She grabbed another arrow and made herself be more alert, she could already feel their strong presence coming closer. But before she could even put the thing in her bow, she was already stumbling meters away from her previous position. “Yerin!” Sowon yelled but didn’t dare to move. She stayed there, observing where the attacker came from and went to. While Yerin immediately stood up and got herself ready to attack again.

 

When Sowon was sure that it was clear, she worriedly looked to where Yerin was. “Are you o—“

 

“Unnie—!” Yerin yelled after seeing a figure few meters behind Sowon. She held her bow tighter and was about to run to Sowon but she stopped moving after seeing how the figure flew away and hit the wall of their house. Then, suddenly, five men approached them.

 

Yerin ran towards Sowon and aimed at those suspicious men. They looked like gangsters but with formal tuxedos. “Who are you—“

 

“Yerin! They’re not the enemies!” Argus interrupted and suddenly appeared out of nowhere, holding a gun. “We’ll take care of these s. You two go inside and get ready to leave.” He said and started shooting men who suddenly appeared too, probably companions of the guy who attacked them. They were wearing black capes and Yerin couldn’t see their faces. She knew they were vampires though, by just feeling their strong presence.

 

“Leave??? What?? Why??” She asked, yelling. She made sure that Sowon was just behind her as she helped shooting those intruders.

 

“Just go!” He shouted. Yerin was hesitant but she had no choice but to follow him. She held Sowon’s hand and immediately went to where the others were.

 

---

 

Yerin opened the nearest door to the stairs and effortlessly dragged her luggage inside while Sowon followed behind her, also carrying her own luggage. The pairing for each room was based on their age so the roommates are Yerin and Sowon, Eunha and Yuju, and SinB and Umji. There were no complaints and everyone immediately went to their assigned rooms to unpack their things. They had to rush a bit because Heechul called Sowon and told the assigned leader that he’ll be back soon for deeper briefing regarding rules and especially instructions about their trainings and classes.

 

Yerin managed to finish unpacking earlier than Sowon. She decided to roam around their dorm and familiarize herself with the place. But of course, before leaving the room, she unnie for being slower than her and even called her grandma. This caused Sowon to give her a deadlier glare compared to the usual glare she shows. She readied herself to smack the other girl but before she could even stand properly, Yerin was already out of sight and only her laughter echoed inside their room. Sowon just smiled in defeat and shook her head in disbelief. It was good hearing Yerin that way, at least, the girl wasn’t stressed anymore. Though she knew that other things were still bothering Yerin, she was thankful that the girl was becoming more interactive and jolly as she really is.

 

On the other hand, SinB came out of her shared room with Umji. She intentionally unpacked quickly because she wanted to visit the veranda of the house. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter