Special Abilities

Archer's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days have passed after that unforgettable encounter in the forest. Thankfully, the image of Eunbi in that state, ruthlessly blood out of an innocent human was slowly leaving Yerin’s random thoughts. She was kind of blaming herself for what happened. She kept thinking that only if she was more alert and faster, things wouldn’t have turned out that way. But it already happened. All she could do was accept the fact.

 

Having her friends with her, it wasn’t that hard trying to deal with the complicated things that were happening all of a sudden. Being thankful was an understatement to explain how she felt when they insisted on taking care of everything and pushed Yerin to take a rest and relax. Though, knowing that relaxing won’t happen considering all those encounters, she still tried to let herself loosen for a moment and it actually helped, maybe not that much but at least it made her calm momentarily. 

 

Things are quite better now, after waking up from an unexpected sleep, Eunbi didn’t freak out like they expected her to. She told them that she kind of already expected that she will become one of them after seeing those three men who attacked her. Also, she had already an idea that vampires really exist so it wasn’t something that will shock her a lot. Not until the moment she knew about what happened in the forest. She couldn’t believe it at first but after seeing Eunha, that was when she felt devastated and started muttering endless apologies to the girl.

 

Eunha is the name of the girl Eunbi attacked. When she woke up, all her bruises and cuts were already healed and her body had become stronger. Luckily, Sowon and Yerin caught extra animals for everyone’s satisfaction. Same as with Eunbi, everyone expected Eunha to freak out the moment she wakes up but the girl only kept being silent for a whole five minutes before asking everyone if her conclusion that she became a vampire was correct. So when they answered her, she once again became silent before muttering a ‘thank you’. She was grateful that she was given another chance to live and be freed from her terrible life as a human. Though, hearing that Eunha was fine with being a vampire, Eunbi still couldn’t stop herself from being devastated by the fact that she attacked an innocent human. So during the past few days, she kept on giving apologies every chance she had.

 

The two new born vampires were still catching up with the changes that were happening. The thirst for blood and controlling their power was quite hard for both of them. But with the help of the other four, they were able to slowly adopt the changes that happened. Actually, Eunha and Eunbi were still awkward when it comes to interacting with the four but then feeling the hospitality that they were giving, it was becoming less of a burden. 

 

As for Yerin, it was sure more awkward for her interacting with Eunbi. She doesn’t know how to act around the girl so she sometimes ended up just being silent and let the others talk. Besides, she’s still hesitant whether tell to Eunbi about her past or not. Maybe, let time pass first and make everything settled before she starts thinking about that.

 

“Yerin? You’re going to visit Sooyoung?” Sowon approached the girl who was wearing her shoes and ready to go.

 

“Yes unnie, I won’t have lunch with you today. I thought I told you yesterday?”

 

“No you didn’t. Anyway, please buy me these when you’re on your way back.” Sowon gave her a small piece of paper and sat down beside Yuju. The others are gathered in the living room, talking about how they became a vampire and how they ended up just living together.

 

“Yerin unnie.” Eunha suddenly showed up, she had this weird expression and it seemed like she was about to say something important.

 

Yerin approached her, quite bothered by the way the girl looked at her. “Is something wrong?” She worriedly asked. Eunha was slightly a kind of serious person but Yerin never heard her calling someone with that tone before. The others, who were sitting three meters away from them, focused their attention to the two.

 

“Please take a different route going to your friend’s café unnie.” Eunha said, her eyes weren’t focused and she looked confused.

 

“Wait what?” Sowon stood up and approached the two, bothered by the sudden remark.

 

“There will be an accident between 9:15-9:25am, later when you reach the main road unnie. I saw it, I don’t know how but an image suddenly flashed out of nowhere.” She looked at Yerin as she blinked for a few times before looking back at Sowon. “And Yerin unnie will have hard time since blood will be scattered.” Eunha said and looked down. “I am not sure but that’s what I saw.”

 

Yerin and Sowon looked at each other, both confused. The idea of Eunha having a special ability was all they could think of. Even the other girls, who were just listening, were concluding the same thing too. Well, except for Eunbi who was completely lost and confused as to why the others looked so serious.

 

“Yewon, can you give me a mask?” Yerin said after the meaningful staring contest with Sowon. The youngest only nodded and within a few seconds, she was already handing her unnie a black mask. “I’ll go and confirm it.” She then looked at Eunha and smiled. “Thank you, Eunha. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” 

 

She went out of the house as she checked the time. ‘9:05… still got time.’ She told herself as she started the engine.

 

-

 

“Unnie… Eunha is right…” Yerin muttered as she stared at the scene in front of her, securing her mask. A fully loaded bus and a 10-wheeled truck were both damaged severely, and just like what Eunha said, blood was scattered everywhere. “At exactly 9:18am, the truck hit the bus at full speed… And… I ing saw it with my own eyes.”

 

[Okay… can you come back here as soon as you can?]

 

“I’ll be there in five minutes.” Yerin replied and immediately went back inside her car.

 

 

-

 

 

“Special ability?” Eunha asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

 

All six of them were gathered in the living room, discussing what just happened. The two new recruits were both confused by the new information they were hearing. Eunha was also amused that what she saw inside her head was really identical to what happened. She kept on asking questions while Eunbi who was also stunned just kept on being silent while listening attentively.

 

“Yeah, we are concluding that yours is precognition.” Yuju said as she looked at Eunha. “Four of us have special ability too and we are kind of surprised knowing that you also have since it’s a rare occurrence for a vampire to possess one.”

 

“I thought every vampire has their own abilities since in movies—“

 

“That’s what we thought before too, we just knew about it few days ago.” Sowon cut her off and gave a small smile. “It seems like you’re really destined to be a vampire.”

 

As they discussed further, Yerin was not participating at all. She was just sitting there, eyebrows furrowed as her memories few days ago resurfaced inside her head. It was when she saw Eunbi catching that cup which stopped in the middle of falling. She was a hundred percent sure about what she saw, and knowing that Eunha has special ability just made her conclude again that Eunbi might also have one. 

 

She then looked at the girl who was also silent the whole time, observing her. Seeing Eunbi being so focused in her own world, an idea suddenly popped out. She looked up and then looked back at Eunbi. Nodding to herself, she muttered an excuse and immediately went to the kitchen and took out her bow and an arrow hidden underneath the kitchen counter. 

 

“Unnie, I know what you’re thinking.” Umji suddenly appeared which surprised Yerin and made her jump. Seeing her unnie’s priceless face, Umji chuckled. “It’s rare seeing yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter