Deal

Archer's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This will be just some sort of overview/teaser(?) or whatever you call that. Haha.

 

***********

 

"Where are you going Yerin???" Sowon asked, shouting from the kitchen as she saw Yerin running from the second floor straight to the door.

 

"To Sooyoung's! She needs help with some of her equipment. And please remind Yuju to look for a deer later. I've been craving for a deer's blood these days."

 

"Wait! Deers are quite hard to catch, why—"

 

"That's her punishment for going inside my room and disturbing my sleep for a nonsensical reason." Yerin simply answered and went out to ride her beloved car, A McLaren F1. She bought him after winning a car racing before. Quite expensive but she doesn't regret wasting her money for it. It's worth it. Some people could only dream for it, and she was one of those before.

 

She quickly drove to Sooyoung's cafe and parked her car on the parking space only intended for it. Of course, her bestfriend is the owner of the cafe. She would somehow get some privileges.

 

The cafe was about to open and Sooyoung told Yerin that the girl needed to be there before her staff come. She probably needed help with carrying her equipment into places.

 

"At last, you're here." Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Yerin and sighed in relief.

 

"I'm sorry, I kind of overslept." Yerin said and went closer to where the other girl stands. "What help do you need, my human bestfriend." She asked while Sooyoung just led her to the kitchen as she rolled her eyes at Yerin again.

 

'This human seems to forget that she's being mean to a vampire.' Yerin thought.

 

"Your mood today is quite good huh." Sooyoung said and pointed to the big boxes of new equipments on the right. "Those, transfer those to the left side, make sure to place them carefully. And please be quick, my crew might come anytime."

 

"Yeah, my mood's quite good before you started giving me orders like I'm some sort of slave." Yerin said and lightly glared at her best friend before starting to lift the equipments. The other girl just chuckled and went to prepare their breakfast.

 

This had been their routine for the past few months already. Sooyoung started her cafe a few months ago and the business is doing better than what she expected. She's quite brainy in terms of dealing with marketing and her suppliers. Of course, the food and the coffee is great which makes her customers come again and again.

 

After Yerin finished with what she was doing, which actually only took her less than five minutes because of her vampire abilities, she immediately went to the table where their breakfast was served. There was Sooyoung, waiting for her, stirring her own coffee.

 

Yerin sat down in front of her. The cafe was already opened since there were already customers. Yerin just didn't notice her bestfriend making their orders earlier. But the cafe employees weren't around yet, probably would be around in a few.

 

"Are you sure that you are late today because you overslept or just because you went to check on that old friend of yours again." Sooyoung started the conversation with a question that made Yerin's mood become a bit down. Not that she didn't want to talk about it, it was just because of the circumstances, or things that were happening, hearing the question made Yerin think deeply again. "I just asked you a question and here you are, spacing out." Sooyoung snapped a finger in front of her. Yerin shook her head and looked at the girl in front of her.

 

"I'm sorry, I just didn't expect your question." Yerin said and made herself comfortable on her seat. "And Yes, I went to check. I just want to make sure she's safe, okay? Besides when you called earlier, I was already home." She explained.

 

"So how is she, still can't remember things?"

 

"I guess so, because I tried coming near and showed my face but she just stared at me for a few seconds and looked away again, like I'm a stranger." Yerin simply said but she couldn't hide her disappointment. "I wanted to show her my eyes and fangs but I might just scare the hell out of her instead of making her remember me."

 

"Don't worry, someday, she'll be able to remember things. She just needs time." Sooyoung said and pushed Yerin's plate closer to the girl. "Let's eat, you need to light up your mood." She said and grinned at her bestfriend while Yerin just smiled.

 

As Yerin took the fork in front of her, she heard the door opened as the chimes made low noises. A man wearing the cafe's employee uniform entered and bowed at Sooyoung the moment he saw her.

 

"You hired a new waiter?" Yerin asked and drank her hot choco. There weren't a lot of customers. Only three tables were occupied except theirs.

 

"Yeah, quite busy here when 9 o'clock strikes." The other girl replied and grinned. "Besides, I want to visit countries next month so I need more staff here."

 

"Ohhh. I'm happy that my human bestfriend is finally travelling after a long time."

 

"Yeah, quite hard saving for it you know."

 

"I told you before, I have money—"

 

"And I also told you before, that is your money Yerin." She rebutted quickly. "Besides, it feels better travelling using your own money right?" Yerin could only sigh.

 

"Yeah, you have a point." Yerin just agreed and focused finishing her food. She wasn't able to eat breakfast before leaving the house so she was quite hungry. Besides, she was planning to buy groceries later, she needed energy for that. Because for her, buying groceries was too boring and tiring. She couldn't use her fast reflexes since humans would be around her so she needed to stay inside the store for an hour to complete the things she needed to buy.

 

"That, I guess is one of the most brutal way of killing a vampire. Not to mention, the Jungs are quite powerful compared to your typical type of vampire." Yerin's ears suddenly became alert as the dark lids of her eyes went right. Two men were talking about vampires three tables away from theirs.

 

"Jung Woojae is one of the respected vampires, everyone knows that." The moment she heard her father's name. Her head turned to her right lightly as she enhanced her hearing ability.

 

"He succeeded killing him, it was unexpected."

 

"You mean, the one who killed Woojae?" The red haired vampire asked with a low voice. She could feel her breathing becomes faster as her nerves started to react quick. They knew who killed her parents.

 

"Yerin? Are you okay?" She heard Sooyoung asked her as the girl touched her arm. She quickly retracted her hand and looked at the other girl seriously.

 

"I'm sorry Sooyoung. I need to go." She said and immediately went out of the cafe.

 

She went to her car and grabbed an arrow from her quiver and a syringe from the handy bag hidden inside it. She then hid behind the wall near the three other cars that are parked here as she waited for them to come out of the cafe.

 

After three minutes she could feel presence few meters away, walking towards her direction. They were talking and their voices gave signal that they were the ones she was waiting for. Yerin became alert.

 

She secured the syringe in her left hand as she held both ends of the arrow using both her hands and slowly bent it.

 

2 meters...

 

1 meter...

 

...

 

The moment she saw one of their shadows beside her, she immediately released the other end of the arrow causing for it to retract and hit the face of the red haired man. The nock of the arrow hit him hard so he somehow got distracted because of the slight pain. Yerin took that as a chance and stabbed him behind his neck with the syringe she was holding the whole time. After a few seconds his body collapsed on the ground as his eyes slowly closed.

 

One down.

 

Yerin's head immediately looked up as she felt the man's colleague moved a bit. She quickly held her arrow tight as she faced the other side of the parking lot and tried to kick his right knee, but he's quick. He quickly jumped and moved a few meters away from Yerin.

 

Realizing she could not corner him, because he too has fast reflexes that every vampire has. Yerin just stood up and looked straight into his eyes. She pointed the arrowhead towards him as she felt a certain energy inside her rises up. Her eyes slowly heated up, its color is slowly changing.

 

"Who are you?" Yerin asked without losing eye contact. He just stood there, his expression was unreadable as he examined Yerin's face.

 

"You are the one who attacked me and my friend yet you are the one asking that?" He said and raised his eyebrows at the girl. "And miss, you can't kill me with just an arrow, especially if you don't have a bow with you. Don't you think?"

 

"Who said I need bow to shoot?" Yerin replied. She always kept a bow in her car but sometimes, an arrow would be enough for her to shoot. Having her special ability, it wouldn't be hard. She also had this small gun but it's too loud if she would use it here, the least thing she should do was make a commotion in the parking lot of her bestfriend's cafe.

 

"And what? Shoot me with that like some sort of spear?" He forced a chuckle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter