Chaos

Archer's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost midnight and the four girls are still trying to solve things regarding the deal. The moment Yerin got home earlier that day, she was bombarded with questions from her three worried vampire friends. Yerin never texted Sowon that way which explains the panic they felt. But after seeing the serious look on Yerin's face, it made them all just stare at her and wait for her word.

 

They all settled in the living room and Yerin started telling them what happened, starting from the parking lot up to the sealed deal. They were shocked of course. As Yerin's friends they know how much time Yerin spent just to trace some clues about her parents death and then some strange man just happen to know a lot about it. They weren't expecting it. Also, Yerin also told them about the university Argus told her about. When Yerin asked about any clue they had regarding Hyeongsa University, the other three just shook their heads implying that they too had never heard of such institute.

 

"But unnie, can he really help you catching the person responsible for your parents' death?" Umji, their youngest, asked. She is the brain and eyes of the squad. She thinks fast and concludes most accurate things. She is the smartest. All of them are, but she is just on different level since she has photographic memory. That's her special ability.

 

At first, the three of them just thought that Umji is just extremely smart but then, after realizing that it's already strange for the girl when she can remember even every single detail from every scenario inside the house, they concluded that it's something different. They have a lot of proof for it. When Yuju lost her ring, it only took her a few seconds to enumerate the places where Yuju might've left it. When Sowon accidentally deleted an important message and she happened to read it, she just recited the whole thing like she was reading it. That's when they knew that intelligence isn't what Umji's special ability is, it's photographic memory.

 

"I have the feeling that he can help me, Yewon. Besides, he showed me a video, a video of the day they were attacked." Yerin replied. She had been thinking deeply. About the university, the other two members, and the things Argus wants her to do. Her curiosity just won't leave her alone.

 

"How about the other two things? Are you sure that he won't ask you to destroy the university or kill someone?" Sowon, who had been staring at the confused girl, finally spoke after being silent for the whole time.

 

Sowon's special ability is quite awesome. She can remove a specific and recent memory from someone's mind, she can also manipulate it but manipulating memories is hard for her to do yet. She learned it the hard way. She tried to do it to Yuju, because the four of then wanted to see how it works, but she ended up fainting because of how much stamina she used for it. After that, she never tried to manipulate any memory again. Also, as a responsible being, she only uses her ability when it is necessary. For example, when someone saw them using their vampiric stunts, that's the only situation where she uses her special ability. Except for a certain scenario where Yuju accidentally went inside the bathroom and Umji happened to be showering that time. It was funny and awkward at the same time but the four of them just decided to erase that certain memory from Yuju's head to stop the awkwardness and tension between the two. Aside from that, she never used her ability on other things. She never thought of using her ability to hurt someone or cause trouble.

 

"I don't know yet, unnie. But I need to go with the flow for now. He has something that I've been looking for. Besides, if he's up to something, at least being part of it will help me figure out if it's something of my disadvantage right?" Yerin said but there is something in her voice that feels wrong. She's still indecisive about this because of a certain priority she has to consider.

 

"She has a point unnie, if this Argus is really just into bad things, at least we have an idea about it." Umji added, agreeing to what the second oldest just said.

 

"What do you think, Yuna?" Yerin asked Yuju, who had been just listening to the discussion.

 

"I guess, I'm in. There's nothing we can loose if we try our luck right? Besides, entering this university will also be on our advantage, we will be trained and we can interact with our own kind there." Yuju answered. She just smiled at Yerin and took a sip of the water she offered Yerin to drink earlier. But well, ended up just drinking it herself.

 

Yuju, as the weirdest member, has an awesome special ability too. She can determine the time by just holding onto things. She can tell what time a specific thing happened. Like, the exact time when Umji finished answering a mathematics questionnaire by just holding the paper. She can give the accurate time when things happen. She's like a human clock but she needs no watch to determine the time. Another example is when she and Yerin went out to hunt some deer. She determined the exact time Yerin's arrow hit the deer's body when she held the nock of the arrow. Though, she rarely uses that ability, it's still convenient for her at some times.

 

"Our problem for now is, where do we get the other two vampires." Yerin said and sighed. "What makes it harder is they have to be special and with abilities too."

 

"Did he give you a time limit to prepare?" Umji asked.

 

"No, he just told me to contact him when I'm ready."

 

"Then we have no problem with time. All we need to do for now is to make sure that we recruit the right ones." Sowon said and patted Yerin's back. "Don't stress over it for now. Let's call it a day, yeah?" She suggested. Umji and Yuju just agreed and took their leave to rest in their own rooms while Sowon waited for Yerin to stand up and leave too but the girl just remained in her position, thinking deeply.

 

"What are you thinking about that you're making such weird faces right now?" Sowon asked after a few minutes of just staring at Yerin.

 

"I- Oh- unnie, you're still here."

 

"I told you let's just rest for now. Don't stress yourself over this. We have no deadline to chase." Sowon said softly and sat beside the other girl. "Or... Is something else bothering you?" The look on Yerin's face after she said those words made her sure that she's right. Something else is bothering the girl.

 

"Mind if you share it with me?" Sowon asked carefully. Yerin looked at her and sighed as she looked away again.

 

"It's about her." She started.

 

"Her? You mean, Eunbi?"

 

"She calls herself 'SinB' now, after the accident." Yerin said and once again sighed deeply. "She still can't remember a thing. I think, even her parents or at least anything about herself, she can't remember." Yerin added and it was evident from her tone that she's extremely disappointed. Eunbi is her childhood friend, the girl is special for her. Being forgotten somewhat hurt her a lot, especially when they shared an amazing childhood together.

 

"The accident happened only a month ago, Yerin. She probably still needs time. Don't worry about that. She surely will remember how annoying of a friend you are." Sowon said and grinned at Yerin, trying to lift the girl's mood. Yerin only raised an eyebrow at her and smiled.

 

"But unnie... I still don't get it." Yerin started. "We both have the same case but why did she become a human and me... I became a vampire."

 

"Your case is rare, Yerin. As well as Eunbi's"

 

"I know unnie. I just don't get it. Both our mothers were mortals when they were pregnant with us. Both our fathers are vampires. But why was I born as a vampire and her as a human? I understand it in my case but, how come did she become normal when her father's genes are... different." Yerin said while thinking deeply. "I'm thinking... what if she became a vampire too, will she have a special ability like us?"

 

"Yerin, you're not thinking of making her a vam--"

 

"Of course not unnie! The least thing I can do for her is to make her normal life ruined."

 

"Okay, but why are you thinking about that? Out of nowhere?" Sowon asked.

 

"It's just that, when I went to check on her earlier, I don't know what exactly happened but my eyes can't possibly betray me right?"

 

---

 

-F l a s h b a c k-

 

Earlier That Day

 

Yerin hid behind a tree few meters across from Eunbi's house as she observed her old friend's morning routine. She had been doing this for the past month after Eunbi got into an accident. An accident where Eunbi's mom got killed and her dad went missing. After that, Eunbi's memories got erased from her mind. It made Yerin feel even more terrible because even before the accident, Eunbi was already having hard time remembering things that happened few years ago, then this happened.

 

She was Yerin's first friend. Their father were good colleagues as well as their mothers were also good friends. Eunbi is a human and Yerin is a vampire but it never became a hindrance to their friendship. Their bond was becoming stronger until someone broke into the Hwang's house and caused a big chaos. After that, Yerin never tried to talk to Eunbi after hearing that the girl lost her memories. But she keeps her promise, promise to make sure that the other girl is safe and doing fine. That's why she's doing this everyday, watching Eunbi from a far, securing her safety.

 

As Yerin positioned comfortably behind the tree, Eunbi went inside her house after taking a sip of her coffee. Yerin thought she was going to prepare for her morning jog but the girl came out again, carrying a plate of pancake. Yerin smiled bitterly seeing some of the pancakes being slightly burnt on the edges.

 

'No one is there to cook for her...' She thought.

 

Yerin continued observing the other girl and tried to move to the other tree to have a better view. After positioning herself, she took out her phone and earphones and started listening to music. She remained calm as she looked at Eunbi's every move.

 

When the other girl is almost done eating her slightly burnt pancakes, she stood up recklessly and hit the cup of coffee. Yerin smiled seeing how clumsy Eunbi still is.

 

The cup, of course was falling down and Yerin expected it to break into pieces after a few seconds. But no, the cup stopped for a second in the middle of falling then Eunbi got a hold of it and actualy caught it. The cup didn't fall completely.

 

Yerin's eyes widen as she tried to look clearer. She sure saw it, with her own eyes. The cup stopped from falling. Maybe half a second but it sure stopped.

 

She removed her earphones and stared at the other girl intently. Eunbi was just simply smiling to herself after catching the cup. Nothing special. And it made Yerin's thoughts even messier.

 

'What the hell did just happen?'

 

-E n d  o f  f l a s h b a c k-

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter