the game

make-over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung's pov

This math class is taking forever... What Jihyo did to Momo today really bothered me. Everyone assumes we're friends, because we have baseball together. I really like baseball, but the people in the team are stereotypically popular and kind of mean. Not all of them of course, but most of them. If I wasn't on the baseball team I would probably be their victim too, because of my nerdy traits. I'm a decent player, so luckily I have their respect.

I look over to Momo and Nayeon. They're taking notes while discussing their homework together. I should probably pay attention to class too. Can't fail this semester!

They look disturbingly cute together.

~

Ahh, the best sound in the world must be the school bell implying class has ended. I walk over to Nayeon and Momo.

"I'll see you guys at the game tonight right?" For some reason I feel like getting closer to the two. They seem to be my type of friends. If it wasn't for baseball, I probably would've befriended them a long time ago. 

Nayeon smiles and replies: "Momo was planning on practicing in the school's dance studio after class, so I guess we can stay at school until the game starts, right?" she looks over to Momo.

She nods. "Sure, by the way, Chaeyoung, are you attending the party tonight too?"

I was only thinking about the baseball game all night, I totally forgot about Mina's party. If we win the game, celebrating is appropriate though, I guess one party won't hurt.

"Sounds fun! We can meet after the game, I'm guessing you don't know where Mina lives? I can take you guys."

They smile. "Great idea Chaeyoung, you'll be seeing us at the game."

"Thank you for checking on me too, after you know, the Jihyo incident."

"It's only human decency, a lot of people on the baseball team don't seem to have that, see you tonight." I wave them goodbye.

Time to practice.

I'm changing in the locker room when Jihyo walks up to me, smiling. "Chaeyoung-ah, you're ready for the game right? We're counting on you." She ruffles my hair. 

"Yes Jihyo, I think I'm ready." Her expression changes from happy to serious. She puts her hands on my shoulders.

"No thinking, Chaeyoung, you have to know you're ready." I nod and she walks away.

I fix my hair and walk over to Jeongyeon. "How you holding up, nervous I suppose?"

She shakes her head, looking down on me. "You just worry about yourself, small one." She's always joking about my height, so I punch her shoulder.

"Ouch you idiot, that hurt, we have a big game tonight, I can't be injured." I apologize and walk away, finishing up and grabbing my helmet.

Suddenly I feel a light pat on behind. Did someone just touch my .

"Play well today Chaeyoungie." She winks. I have to look up, this girl is ridiculously tall.

I can feel my cheeks involuntarily heat up. Hey, not my fault this girl is stunning. The school is full of them. All these pretty girls, I don't know if it's a blessing or a burden, honestly.

"Will do, Minkyung, you too." I reply looking down and walking away before she can see my now pink cheeks.

I look back, terrible idea. I see Minkyung and Kyungwon looking at me, giggling. No one really knows if those two are best friends or girlfriends. If you saw them together for the first time, you'd definitely think they'd be dating. However, they also flirt with others a lot. A true mystery.

~

On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter