That monday

Naïve

                                                             05                                                                


 

Hong Jonghyun wasn't the type of man to fall in love easily, he thought that was shallow and insincere,  so when he met Joohyun at his job he never expected to actually like her, he had known little about her, and most of the things weren't really nice. She was known as a heart breaker, she never accepted any man that tried to get close to her, so when she was actually nice to him it surprised him.

 


 

He didn't care, really, the fact that Joohyun liked Johnny wasn't a big deal, he knew it already, so he didn't understand why he was so bothered about it, Johnny was a year younger, and just a bit taller than him, and he liked pretty girls, pretty girls that were not Joohyun, and that was a good thing, because he knew it would break his heart if they were to become a couple, but it didn't make sense, Jonghyun saw Johnny coming to the party with the new girl, he had heard a little about her, and this was the first time he even tried to look at her face, Yoona, Kim Yoona, she seemed familiar but he couldn't get remember why, and what was it about her that Johnny liked about her, she looked kind of like Joohyun, she was taller and skinnier, he didn't know if that was a good thing, nor he didn't care, Yoona seemed like she had a plain personality, she lacked the fire that Joohyun had, and the one he so much enjoyed.

 


 

He got out of his apartment early, usually, he wouldn't care if he was late for school, but the promise of talking with Joohyun again made him so nervous he couldn't really sleep. When he locked the door and glance at the elevator he was surprised to see not just his classmate, Taeyeon, but Yoona with her, she was recognizable, you see, she was always moving he hands, he hesitated, Should he go with them? or maybe he could try to feign ignorance and go back to his home, it was too late before he could decide the elevator opened and when the two girls turn around they made eye contact, Yoona, who was taller than his classmate, stopped the doors closing and made a small sign for him to hurry up. “”, he whispered and walked towards them, it was weird, he had never talked to Taeyeon in his life, she was quiet, she had just two friends in her class and ignored everybody that tried to talk to her, almost like Joohyun, she seemed absorbed in her own world and hated the attention.

 

“Thanks”,  Jonghyun said, avoiding the observant eyes of the brunette, he quickly took his headphones and put them on trying to ignore their presence, he really didn't want to make this even more awkward, he sighed, he already knew that Taeyeon was his neighbor, but Yoona? This was something that surprised him, a lot of his classmates would say he is lucky, Jonghyun wasn't dumb, he knew Taeyeon was one of the most popular girls and Yoona was just becoming one, plus he was friends with Joohyun, anyone would kill to have his chances, he glanced at the two girls, Yoona was moving her hands quickly, he couldn't see her face, but Taeyeon was smiling, that was a first, she has a goofy smile and moved her hands just as gracefully as the taller one, finally the doors opened, thank god, Jonghyun signaled so the two girls walked before him, he preferred to give them space, he would try to lose them in the way to the school so it wouldn't be so weird. 

 

He stood there a few seconds as the girls walked out and slowly walked out of the building, he walked behind them knowing he had to be really slow so they would bump again, Yoona turned around, she looked at him blushing, the song on his headphones seemed to be exploiting, Rosy cheeks blushing with a nervous smile, all the fears are flushing out of the way, we started staring at the other sides… He watched as Yoona smiled nervously, as she had been caught, and then walked faster, almost pulling Taeyeon with her. Jonghyun thought it was weird, but not uncommon, a lot of girls seemed to think he was handsome, what was weird was the timing, it almost made him skip a beat, yes, Yoona was pretty, that was it.

He decided to buy something to eat, that way he wouldn't see them again for a while.

 

When he finally got to school he noticed that Taeyeon was not there, it was empty, he never came to school early, so seeing the classroom like that was also weird, it seemed big, he walked to his desk and left his things as he waited close to the window, he looked outside, in the second floor everybody seemed small, uninterested he ran his eyes through every student until one caught his attention, Joohyun, she walked slowly next to his brother, both of them didn't say a word, Suho seemed annoyed, Suho, the perfect student, Jonghyun didn't know what to think about him, more than he was the vice president of the student council and he always had the perfect score, Joohyun said he was mostly cocky about everything he did but acted like he was humble, she even said that when he lost the position of president to Doyoung,  he got really angry. All of the sudden, the class was full and his teacher had just arrived


 

Jonghyun received a text message from Joohyun in the middle of the second class, he pretended to it more it for a while, but he couldn't hide his smile, the call they had yesterday seemed to be real, not just a dream he had when he woke up, Joohyun was finally speaking to him again, but she was quite specific when she said she only wanted to be her friend and she didn't want to give false expectation to him just because she was near him, "Free for lunch tomorrow?" The text was so short, but it gave him happiness when he replied with an "ok" and turned off the phone he crossed eyes with none else than Taeyeon, her stare was obvious she sat in front of him to the right, she didn't look away right away, she took at least 3 seconds of her time to turn around to her friend Tiffany who was talking to her, that was the first time Taeyeon had ever looked at him in class, maybe in a whole year.


 

The day passed by fast, or at least that's how Jonghyun perceived it, he was grateful now that Joohyun talked to him again, they would go back to the good friends they were before all the feelings got mixed, right? It had to, that's the only way he could be around her, he just had to shift his attention off of her for a while, even if he didn't want to, he had to, cause he wanted to be beside her so bad even if it cost him his heart.

 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6y5JpPG0Ug&ab_channel=HERRYVIDEO

This is the song that Jonghyun was listening