The day after

Naïve

                                                                  04                                                                  

    


 

The day after was a mess, or at least it was for Joohyun, she remembered a few things about the party itself and it made her feel miserable. 


 

The memories of Johnny not ignoring her but actually coming with another girl were the reason that she drank too much that night, Im Yoona she was the new student, the new toy, everybody wanted to talk to her, everybody wanted to see her, she was pretty, plain pretty, nothing more nothig less, Joohyun thought to herself and drank another chung of her drink,after a few more sips she finally gathered the courage to confront Johnny about it, she was still heartbroken, so badly she refused to see him before because it still ache, but there he was, just a few steps from her laughing with another girl.

 

“I'm not interested in you” Johnny was cold, colder than she ever thought he could be. He didn't even wait for her to respond, for a few seconds they remained silent, almost as if he was hoping she wouldn't cry right there, and when he was sure about it, Johnny just walked away, leaving Joohyun with glossy eyes and a big ache in her chest. After that she walked back to her group of friends and started drinking, Wendy and Seulgi tried to make her feel better but suddenly realised it was better for her to grief. All three of them talking about how harsh Johnny had been made her feel a little better, but she couldn't say anything but about him, that was one of the reasons she liked him, he was never mean, he never mislead her, he never tried anything, he was courteous and never crossed the line whenever he came home to see Suho, it wasn't his fault she had fallen in love with him.

 

Joohyun started to cry and before anyone could see her she went to the bathroom to wash her face, the cold water on her face made her a little sober, but she still felt sad, an unrequited love, Was this karma? Maybe all the rejection she had done was coming but to get her, she sat on the toilet and sobbed, she liked a lot, she never knew anybody so selfless, the first time she saw him was almost like a blessing, she was trapped with an older boy who was trying to convince her to date him,Suho got caught with some student council work he wasn't coming for her, and then she saw him, he was so tall it almost dwarfed her, Johnny just walked beside them and smiled as nicely as he could and told her he was going to take her home since Suho couldn't, when the other boy tried to interfere in the conversation Johnny just grabbed Irene and took her away, her heart beating fast was a first.


KNOCK KNOCK, someone interrupted her thoughts. “Somebody there?” A male voice came from behind the door, she quickly washed her face again and breathed so she could calm herself. “Yes”, she said as clearly as her voice allowed her.

She opened the door and averted her eyes from the man in front of her and walked out of the bathroom. “Hey, Joohyun, something wrong?” she could recognise that voice anywhere, she looked up to encounter Hong Jonghyun, they stared at each other, the music in the background as if they were far away from reality. “You can trust me, you know that” He said touching her arm, she broke eye contact remembering that not long ago he had confessed his love for her, it was awkward, just before she actually confessed her feelings for Johnny this boy had done the exact same thing. “It's nothing, just me being sensitive” she didn't realise she was crying again until one tear fell to her hand. He smiled at her and wiped her tear away, the werent stranger to each other, maybe that's why she didn't feel comfortable, he used to be his best friend, they used to work in the same ice cream shop on summer and happen to cross paths on the same week they had to clean the classrooms, they became used to each other presence and grew attached because they hated the fame they had gotten just from being pretty.

 

 

 

 “I saw what happened” Joohyun didn't know what to say, so she stayed quiet, maybe she understood a little how Johnny felt now, she wouldn't try to catch his attention again, suddenly she felt even sadder. She lowered her gaze. “I don't know what to do” She confessed, she did feel lonely, her best friend was no longer talking to her like they used to, and the person she was in love with didn't want to be around her anymore, now it was Sehun who came to her class to tell her if her brother would be late or not, Johnny no longer even bothered to look at her, and she feared that if he did she would think he made a mistake, but he didn't even gave her a chance to misinterpret the situation, she cried harder and hugged Jonghyun tightly. She couldn't even blame the new girl, this happened a few days before she came.


Joohyun got up her bed with a slight headache, she was in her bedroom, Seulgi was sleeping beside her, she glanced at the time in her phone and decided to send a text to Jonghyun to apologize, her feeling did not change, but she wanted her friend back. By the time she unlocked her phone she thought it might be better to call.