The first week

Naïve

 

    01

                                

 


“She isn’t much of a talker”, that’s his first thought. When he sees his new classmate he isn’t really much involved, she was a pretty girl, yes, that kind of pretty girl, the one with the shiny black hair, doll-like eyes, and a pretty soft smile. Sehun doesn’t like it, not at all, she is boring, just like any other girl here. All of them have the same personality.

When they get her to sit beside Junmyeon, one of Sehun’s good friends, he gets angry. He was supposed to be there, but the homeroom teacher made him change since they talked too much, and there he was sitting beside the most annoying girl of all times, Kim Yerim. She is pretty too, but she never shuts up, it’s amazing, he thought he talked too much until he met her.

Sehun looks at her from the distance of their sits, Suho is trying to explain something, he doesn’t understand what, the only thing that the new girl does is nod and smile.


She is not his type, that’s what Sehun discovers after spending a whole day observing her, it was a Tuesday, she arrived yesterday. Sehun finally knows her name, “Yoona” He says silently as he sits on the floor, he notices how quiet she has been, not even noise coming out of , her eyes fly from the ball of her hand to the other girl’s hand, her hair slowly becomes a little looser, the ponytail isn’t as tight as it was before, and what he thought was black ebony hair became a darkish brown, before he knew, P.E was over and he was heading to the showers.

He is right, she is not her type, he rather have someone more chatty, someone, with a good sense of laugh, not so much like Yeri, but maybe like Sooyoung or JooHyun, yeah, JooHyun sounded good, she was pretty, really pretty, but she barely talked, or more like she barely said things he was interested in, she had this gaze that made him shiver every time, but she was Junmyeon´s little sister, he couldn’t see her that way, no, it would be like .


On Wednesday Sehun had a fever, he couldn’t go to school for at least two days, which he found amazing, since he hates school, he stayed in his room playing videogames and sleeping all day, Suho was the one who came to see him with a few other, Johnny seems happier than the other days, none of them seem to care

Sehun was overly too exhausted to keep up with the conversation they were already having, he knew it was about the new girl, that’s what everybody was talking about, how pretty she was, how nice she was, all day and all the time Yoona. He was too into playing so when they left him in his room Sehun didn’t bother to say goodbye.


It was finally Friday, Sehun came to school too early, he was used to it, he opened the door expecting to see nobody else but him. Sehun watches the black-haired girl covering and what seemed to be laughing at others girl joke, of course, he knew the other girl, Kim Taeyeon, she was one year older and too popular to talk to most people, but there she was, in the almost empty classroom talking with Yoona, both noticed Sehun when he closed the door, Taeyeon came back to her serious expression and left the other girl with a “See you later, Yoong”.

Sehun didn’t mind it, no, not at all, why would he? Maybe it was a little rude for her to leave when he came, “I mean, she wouldn’t have gone if she didn’t hate me or something”, He thinks, maybe he was a little annoyed,  he looked at the girl, she was still smiling. Sehun decided that sleeping was a better idea than talking to her.

Sehun wakes up with the class already starting, Yeri was beside him talking to an online friend on her phone when the teacher greeted us, it was history class, the most boring out of all. He was surprised to see Suho not just smiling at Yoona but almost flirting with each other, they were writing things one a notebook and laughing shyly.


Junmyeon is the first one to bring the topic, “You didn’t know Yoona is mute?”, that leaves Sehun speechless, he never even imagined that could be possible.

All of this started after Johnny had said how cute she was and Sehun made a simple comment, “I don’t like her, she doesn’t talk much”, it had been just a week since she came, and it was a lot of time for everybody to know why the girl didn’t talk much. But it seemed that not enough for him. Johnny laughs out loud when he sees his expression, he wanted to excuse himself saying he missed two days of class, and that he wasn’t really interested in her, instead he just stuttered some words making everybody laugh. That explained a lot, why he didn’t hear her talk the first day, why she was always writing in Suho notebook, why she always answered most of the questions with just a head movement. “You really are an idiot”, Junmyeon says giving him a slight hit on the head.