Chapter 12

Awaken Fears

At first, the search did not go that great, they had nothing to go on, but the name they recall their parents call the man. After 2 weeks of searching none stop and staying up all night working with small clues that always end up in a dead end, it seemed like the search for Daniel was hopeless. Until the night of week 3, Ben got a call from the police department saying they have someone who matches the distraction of Lee. And hearing that really made the brothers nervous, they don't know what to expect. What will they say if its the Lee they were looking for? The drive to the police department felt like a fog every thought that came to there mind where dark. Sam was thinking of ways to kill Lee if he hurt his little brother. While Ben felt like he has to get prepared to go to a graveyard.

“Hey, guys how you holding up,” henna asked when both brothers walked in looking like hell. “prepared to kill someone,” Sam said. Henna laughed but stopped herself when she saw the seriousness in his face. “ where's he?” Ben asked controlling his anger. “ his sitting right there.” Taemin said an officer who was helping the brothers with the search. When both brothers turned to look at the man their hearts stop, in front of them sat the man that took the one thing in the world they couldn't protect. Henna and Taemin quickly jump to stop both brothers from jumping the man. They held them back saying they can't touch him if he is the man, that they are only allowed to ask questions. Which made things harder when the answer to what happened to there little brother was sitting in front of them. Ben nodded and walked over to the man while Taemin slowly following behind him.


“ Mr. Lee, this is Ben And Sam and they have few questions to ask before we could release you.” The man looked up at the 4 people standing in front of him. “ make it quick I have places to get. “ do you remember a boy name Daniel that you took under you care couple years ago,” Taemin asked. “ I don't recall anyone by that name, Is that all you wanted to know, can I go now.” “ You do know him, our parents sold him to you 14 years ago at the shim park.” Sam shouted in anger, while henna held him back from attacking the man. “will now you said that I do remember that boy and your parents didn't sale him to be they freely handed him to me.” Lee looked at both boys with a creepy smile while his lips which made everyone uneasy. “ what did you do him?” Ben questioned with a broken voice. “ I only had him for about 2 years or so, before the government took him from me.” the old man said while pushing his hair back and getting up. “ untie me, I don't have anything else to say.” Taemin nodded to untie him as they really don't have anything else to keep him for . “ and don't be angry or blame me for what happened to your brother, it's all your parent's fault. I might not have been great to him but if I was ever a father I would never have done that to my own child.” The man walked away without saying another word. Everyone just looked at each other and for a second it felt like they were at ground zero.

Ben punched the wall next to him with frustration causing his necklaces to bleed. Sam sat down holding his head holding back both his anger and tears. Taemin and henna looked at each other they both knew how difficult it was for both guys. They saw them break down and cheer in happiness wherever they would get close to a clue only to be a dead end. In the middle of it all, henna jumped in surprise getting Taemin to give her a questioning look. “ guys he said the government took him from him meaning he might have been put into the system for frost home,” This got everyone hope back. Taemin ran over to pull up files about foster care kids in Korea without parents and with the name Daniel. Everyone stood behind him with sweats running down their heads.

Under the name, Daniel comes up 20 kids and few were too old to be him at the time he was put in the system, while some were too young. But there was one that caught everyone eyes. It was a picture of a little boy were all teared up clothes, dark brown eyes, and pale skin. The picture cased both brothers pain, in front of them, was the picture of there brother at the age 7. “ it's him” Sam said wiping his tears, Henna wrapped her arms around him to tell him everything is okay. “ is there more information” Ben askes sitting next to Taemin. “ will it says he was adopted at 8 and moved to Boston, they have the family that adopted him phone number under here let's call them.” Ben heart was beating out of his chest. He knew one phone call would change his whole world. He was glad to know his brother wasn't dead and that he was adopted, he wished they were a good family to him, better than he ever was.

Taemin picked up the phone and dialed the number on the screen, waiting for the phone to ring he turned around to see how Ben and Sam was holding up only to see 2 pair of eyes staring at him with hope and fear. He smiled but deep down he was worried about the answer the family would give him if they even answered. “ hello” someone on the other side of the phone said making everyone stop breathing. “ hello is this Kenton Cathcart” Taemin asked nervously. “ yes this is he, who may I ask is calling.” “ Hey Mr, Cathcart my name is Choi Taemin, and i am calling from the police department in Seoul. we wanted to ask you a few questions about the boy you adopted.” Ben didn't know if he was ready to hear that answer he was afraid to know, a part of him didn't want to get involved in Daniel life he has a new family that cares for him. Sam anxiously waited for the man to say something, he needed to know what happened to his baby brother. “ yes, Daniel we haven't seen him for 6 years, he decides to leave at 14 to go back to Korea.” Ben wasn't prepared for that answer he seriously thought his baby brother being adopted will give him a family something he never had. “ Do you know the name he might go by since he came here.” Ben asked taking the phone from Taemin, “no, sorry I don't have the answer to that, but a friend of mine who lived in Korea saw him on tv a year ago.” This got everyone attention. “ do you know the show name or anything like that.” Ben said his heart beating faster ever sec he waited for the answer. “ yes if I recall I think she said No Mercy.”